Kara-Moon Forum
May 04, 2024, 09:16:26 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: You can go back to the main site here: Kara-Moon site

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: New Barnadine + respirator track: You Willl Rise  (Read 6086 times)
respirator

« on: October 19, 2007, 05:43:42 PM »

The third collab between us. Our two previous efforts:

City Swing (September 05) and Crows (June 06). Now the third track is finished after nearly a year and a half. It just takes that long. The track is called You Will Rise and consists of background rhythmic sounds by me, all the important stuff (lyrics, melody, guitar) by Barnadine, mixing etc. by me with wise input from Barnadine.

You Will Rise

Comment if you like.

PS: Barnadine is somewhere in Australia and I'm in Denmark. So this is truly a global collaboration.
Laguna Rising
Kara-Moon-Collective
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2007, 06:36:22 PM »

Global collaboration seems to be a good thing, because this track is really interesting for its mood and original arrangements + choice of sounds (unusual stuff for a slow number like this).
This is different from the other tracks you can find here and there, and the vocals are the focal point : Very expressive, excellent work with the doubled reverbered voice
A keeper indeed

Cheers

folderol
Kara-Moon Master

Who? Me?

« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2007, 06:44:31 PM »

This is a surprising and interesting collaboration. It is very rare for someone to sing virtually unsupported, and you have done particularly well.

Strange though the backing is, it fits. I don't know how you managed that!

If you have a poem, I have a tune, and we exchange these, we can both have a poem, a tune, and a song.
- Will
offthewall
Kara-Moon-Collective
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2007, 08:53:51 PM »

Shocked
This is truly a mix of two mega-talents. 

If this beautiful song is not 'found' by someone mainstream somewhere it will be a great loss to the world in general.

Thanks for sharing it here first.

Wink
James

elwoodblues1969
Kara-Moon Master

Studiophile,Audiophile & Synthophile.

« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2007, 11:23:40 PM »

Barnadine & Respirator,

An amazing collection of collective works,with all the transcendental beauty & style of Pink Floyd,The Beatles & Lou Reed.

I am deeply moved by the themes of these songs & I am starry-eyed by the talent behind them. Cool

This music is so good for the soul and I have been cleansed thoroughly by them.

All the time it took for these collaborations to evolve & come to fruition,was time very well spent and the time I spent listening to these songs will stay with me in my memory forever...these pieces have found a home in my favorites folder that I will cherish & savor.

Thanks very much for sharing these wonderful songs. Cheesy

Thom(aka Elwood)

FourthMansions
Kara-Moon-Collective

« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2007, 06:30:49 PM »

This is an original and beautiful song. The singing is superb and the backing works amazingly well with the vocals. Thanks for sharing.
kara
Kara-Moon, a site built by and for musicians
Global Moderator
Kara-Moon Master

Music is my middle name

« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2007, 07:53:32 AM »

This track has a very special mood and is surprising at a first listen.
As a listener you realy have to go trough the effort of listening to it a couple of times to fully understand it.

You are very talented, thank for sharing here

k

_____oOo______ http://www.myspace.com/kaazduo

www.kara-moon.com, a site built by and for musicians
Support us at : http://www.mymajorcompany.com/Artistes/kaaz/
Martin E
Kara-Moon-Collective

« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2007, 08:44:29 PM »

I like the song very much but I'm, as opposed to everyone else, not too keen about the background sounds.  It seems a bit overdone and doesn't add to the intimacy of the song.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: