Kara-Moon Forum
May 11, 2024, 07:08:54 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: You can go back to the main site here: Kara-Moon site

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: C.C.P&D(track #4)  (Read 7083 times)
elwoodblues1969
Kara-Moon Master

Studiophile,Audiophile & Synthophile.

« on: August 16, 2008, 09:38:53 PM »

Since I had completed the previous song early,and since the next song was only 2:15,I figured I'd tackle this song today as well.

I had a terrible time with every backround track I worked on with this one and the most severe problem I was having,was struggling with my timing.
the style & changes of the drum track really confuses me & I can't sync up with it correctly.
I turned this song into a train wreck,but it was the best I could do....I really don't think any of the staff at the studio will be able to work with my performances,because my timing is rather poor.
I don't have any problem drawing ideas off of the music,but the poor timing of my performances are really starting to unravel me. Undecided
I figured my timing would improve as I went on,but this is clearly not the case,as this current song is the worst yet,timing-wise.
I really think I need to leave music like this to the proffesionals,such as James.

James,if you want to take the reigns on this one,by all means do so,because when it comes right down to it,I'm hopeless as a live performer.

If my uncle & his band want to run with my ideas,that would be great,but I ca'nt possibly match this band with my performances as they are.

Thom

* C.C.P&D(track#4)MP3.mp3 (2125.51 KB - downloaded 260 times.)

offthewall
Kara-Moon-Collective
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2008, 09:51:51 PM »

Thom,
you are trying too hard. If at all possible try to isolate the drums. Leave them out all together and concentrate on the melody. You may have more chance that way.
Step back from this one and try again later.
 Wink
James

offthewall
Kara-Moon-Collective
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2008, 09:58:07 PM »

Thom,
I just had a listen to this track (clean) and it really stinks!! The timing is impossible without omitting the drums and the tuning is awful. As I said previously, your only hope with this one is to work it drumless and then add the drums back in.
Other than that, I would leave it until last!
 Wink
James

elwoodblues1969
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2008, 10:03:54 PM »

James,

That's good info to know,thanks for the tip! Grin I really do think you're the man for this job though...I definately need to decompress and think on this one for a while...

Thom

offthewall
Kara-Moon-Collective
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2008, 10:23:59 PM »

Thom,
to continue from last night. I had another quick run-through with this track. Again, it is a rough take, using electric guitar (where it should be acoustic) but the principle is to show how to pick out the tempo played by the pipers chanter whilst excluding the distraction of the drums. Once it is put back together the drums actually fit. If you can ignore the crazy drummer and figure out the tune being played it is much easier.
 Wink
James

* tr4a.mp3 (2152.6 KB - downloaded 290 times.)

elwoodblues1969
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2008, 12:29:03 AM »

James,

I was'nt feeling very musical today,so I did'nt even touch on it today.

Your navigational track is very helpful though-thanks. Cool

Being that I don't know this genre,I never really questioned the drummer's style,but it did,& does seem to me,that there is too much of a militant style to it(too many breaks & rolls). Undecided

I have not heard from my uncle in a while,and I have yet to hear from anyone from the studio that I had contacted,so I'm not really all that motivated right now.

To be continued.....

Thom

folderol
Kara-Moon Master

Who? Me?

« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2008, 10:12:16 PM »

I think we all get patches when we just aren't 'there' musically. It's a good idea to step back briefly when that happens.

If you have a poem, I have a tune, and we exchange these, we can both have a poem, a tune, and a song.
- Will
elwoodblues1969
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2008, 11:37:47 PM »

Thanks for the support Will.James explained to me that the drum track was a bit crazy-meaning not really up to par,which is partially the reason why I was having so much trouble,so that made me feel better. Smiley

Also,James's audio sketches he posted really helps me encompass the style.

Thom

Wyatt
Kara-Moon-Collective
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2008, 06:44:51 PM »

Thom..you really tackled a tough one here. Spunky.

James..thanks for your comments here,

I learned a lot from your clips..a song is
worth a thousand words.

Cool

Wyatt

folderol
Kara-Moon Master

Who? Me?

« Reply #9 on: August 19, 2008, 08:33:14 PM »

.a song is
worth a thousand words.

Cool

Wyatt

I like the expression - has a sort of, erm, familiarity to it Cheesy

If you have a poem, I have a tune, and we exchange these, we can both have a poem, a tune, and a song.
- Will
Wyatt
Kara-Moon-Collective
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #10 on: August 19, 2008, 09:49:16 PM »

.a song is
worth a thousand words.

Cool

Wyatt

I like the expression - has a sort of, erm, familiarity to it Cheesy

..the head bone connected to de elbow bone.   Grin

Cool