Kara-Moon Forum
May 10, 2024, 06:20:48 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: You can go back to the main site here: Kara-Moon site

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Analord  (Read 3169 times)
Servetus

Heretic

« on: August 12, 2007, 06:46:01 PM »

Shocked

I have been listening to AFX-Richard D. James-Aphex Twin's Analord records and have no one to ramble about them too! (No one around me likes electronic, I'm converting a few people, but it's slow going)

My bloody goodness those are some epic tracks! I love analog synths.. Can't get my hands on one 'cause I'm poor but that's life. I'm hoping circuit bending will yeild some nice sounds at least.

Oh, and I just got Venetian Snares Hungarian album (can't really pronounce it, much less type the name)- really awesome album- insanely crisp sounds. Crap, and I got Pretty Hate Machine.. such a good album.

Basicly I was bored and felt like saying I got new music to someone(s) that may actually like some of it. Tongue

Oh and feel free to suggest new music- I have no one but google to guide me to new electronic.

-Servetus

I like.. sound.
elwoodblues1969
Kara-Moon Master

Studiophile,Audiophile & Synthophile.

« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2007, 07:26:02 PM »

Hi Servetus,

Since you are familiar with Hungarian electronica,perhaps then,you've heard of Yonderboy?A friend of mine exposed me to this artist-I forget the name of the album though.
P.H.M. is a stellar Nine Inch Nails album & I used to overdose on that album,back in the day before anyone knew who they were,but then all thier albums became the same droll,insanely depressive rants & I could not handle it anymore.

You mean to say that no one in Seattle likes electronica?If you lived in Brodhedsville,PA.,then I would believe no one there listens to it. Grin

I'm not really a guide to new electronica,but I can guide you to some vintage,retro pyschedelic rock/darkwave in the early 80's called Tones On Tail.
This band were pioneers in experimental electronic rock & I had never heard anything like them since.Some great usage of analogue synths in this band.

The only cd that is readily available from them, is thier compilation album aptly titled "Everything",as it has everything they've ever done-all in one cd!

I think you might find it worth checking out.

Elwood

Servetus

Heretic

« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2007, 11:25:38 PM »

Heh, I'm not really familiar with Hungarian electronic- Venetian Snares is Canadian, I think. He just visited Hungry and got rather inspired- so I'll have to check out Yonderboy.

Well, there are probably people who listen to electronic, as a matter of fact there is no doubt, I'm just a hermit (and currently traveling anywho).

Thanks for the music suggestions, haven't looked them up yet but I'm sure I'll like most of it.

Gotta run,
-Servetus

I like.. sound.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: