Kara-Moon Forum
May 14, 2024, 11:47:20 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: You can go back to the main site here: Kara-Moon site

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Saturday Night Inspiration  (Read 8485 times)
MarioD
Kara-Moon Master

« on: October 05, 2010, 12:08:18 AM »

I generally wouldn’t post something like this but as things a slow I thought I would anyway and maybe someone would be inspired and record something a little better.

Background:
Saturday as I sat alone in my studio I decided to just sift through some sounds and see what I could come up with.  I also decided to use only my keyboard and synth sounds. I came up with one rhythm I liked then added another rhythm to it, as well as a low bass drone.  I then just messed around with some lead work. This gave me about 1.5 minutes of material.  So I added some TR909 drums from Kontakt, some synth bass and again just messed around with some leads. All parts are one takes with a little editing to repair my sloppy keyboard work.

So take this for what it’s worth; just me messing around with my stuff way out of my comfort zone.

* Saturday Night Inspiration.mp3 (4113.14 KB - downloaded 274 times.)

The older I get the better I was!
kara
Kara-Moon, a site built by and for musicians
Global Moderator
Kara-Moon Master

Music is my middle name

« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2010, 06:05:32 AM »

Quite some inspiration you had there Mario
Sounds a bit Modern Oriental, very interesting.
And those FX on the drums are great

Would be a good soundtrack for a commercial, if they ever find the product that goes with it

k

_____oOo______ http://www.myspace.com/kaazduo

www.kara-moon.com, a site built by and for musicians
Support us at : http://www.mymajorcompany.com/Artistes/kaaz/
folderol
Kara-Moon Master

Who? Me?

« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2010, 05:39:53 PM »

Definitely agree there. Also, when it suddenly goes 'dry' it's like the players just walked in from outside.
Would be a good soundtrack for a commercial, if they ever find the product that goes with it

k

We'll work on it Grin

If you have a poem, I have a tune, and we exchange these, we can both have a poem, a tune, and a song.
- Will
MarioD
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2010, 06:04:44 PM »

Thanx Kara

Maybe that product would be Rice-A-Roni on steroids!  I hope you guys on the other side of the pond have heard of Rica-A-Roni! If not then just disregard this paragraph!

MarioD
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2010, 06:08:12 PM »

Thanx Will,

This song is really two things I did last Saturday. The song was to short so I added the second part, however I’m not real happy with the transition to and from the second part.  I was just messing around when I came up with this.  Maybe I should go back when time permits and rework it?

Oren
Kara-Moon Master

...just looking for clues...

« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2010, 12:43:32 AM »

Definitely agree there. Also, when it suddenly goes 'dry' it's like the players just walked in from outside.
We'll work on it Grin
...an advertisement for Samurai swords! ...with action scenes of Daryl Hanna and David Carradine from "Kill Bill" ...yeah!

Sweet synth work, Mario. Better than some we've heard from folks whose principal skill is with synthesizers, sequencers, samples and trackers. No kidding, Longhair!

MarioD
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2010, 01:21:14 AM »

Thanx Oren for the outstanding review.

I still have a long way to go with synths and keyboards, but thanx for the vote of confidence!

elwoodblues1969
Kara-Moon Master

Studiophile,Audiophile & Synthophile.

« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2010, 03:04:30 AM »

Wow...I remember this piece of music from that movie where Jackie Chan is cryogenically frozen for 200 years & finds himself on the planet Vulcan.
After a couple of years there,Jackie becomes a martial arts instructor for the Vulcan Science Academy,whereby in his youth,Spock picks up his self defense skills from Mr. Chan.

One night in a bar on the planet Delta Vega,Mr. Chan and Captain Kirk get inebriated and get into a physical altercation and that's where this music kicks in!

A+ for creativity and originality Mario....this is a very cool tune...in fact,this is something that Wyatt would have come up with! Cheesy Cool

-Thom

MarioD
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2010, 03:12:21 PM »

Thom, I remember that episode!  It was call VulChan wasn’t it Roll Eyes

Thanx for the A+ review!  However it Wyatt had done this it would have been much much better!

offthewall
Kara-Moon-Collective
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2010, 08:54:37 PM »

Shocked
I just said in another post how much stuff I have missed recently .... far too much personal/family/health/tragedy issues going on  Roll Eyes

This is a fabulous diversion, Mario.     Shocked   and the spooky thing is that Thom took the words right out'a my mouth.  Cool

As soon as I heard the first few phrases I thought of Wyatt.  Kiss

Thanks buddy.

Wink
James

MarioD
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #10 on: October 07, 2010, 12:53:19 AM »

Thanx James for listening and the kind words.

There isn’t a day when I’m on this forum that I don’t miss Wyatt. He made a great impression on me.  He was quite a guy!

isle3music

« Reply #11 on: October 11, 2010, 12:37:55 PM »

Hey,Mario
Very cool and unique..I think Oren may be onto something with the Samurai Swords though  Cool
Rui
MarioD
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #12 on: October 11, 2010, 11:22:48 PM »

Thanx Rui for the very kind words.

NeoN

« Reply #13 on: October 13, 2010, 06:21:25 PM »

Hey man,

this is very strange but cool!
Is that a mandolin I hear?

Regards,

Peter
MarioD
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #14 on: October 13, 2010, 07:09:49 PM »

Thanx Peter!

Yep, that is the Kloo Mandolin from PrecisionSound.  I use the Kontakt 4 version.  It is very realistic sounding IMO.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: