Kara-Moon Forum
May 05, 2024, 12:22:46 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: You can go back to the main site here: Kara-Moon site

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Patterns Of Unease  (Read 9261 times)
Marc JX8P
Kara-Moon-Collective
Kara-Moon Master

« on: March 23, 2007, 05:41:04 PM »

I'm still working on this track, which started out as something that ought to convey a feeling of unease. As usual, it evolved from there into something that maybe doesn't really fit that description anymore. Still, I do like the way it's going but it's far from done. I'd appreciate any comments on how you think it should progress further or what you'd think should change or what works (and if it actually fits the theme of this forum... Wink).

Patterns Of Unease

Also known as Marc JXP
kara
Kara-Moon, a site built by and for musicians
Global Moderator
Kara-Moon Master

Music is my middle name

« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2007, 08:59:12 PM »

TBH I have no idea if it fits the theme of the forum

Actually we are desperate to find a moderator for this board, because neither me or Moon don't know anything about dark & Evil...

So volunteers ? Just PM me  Cool

I can only comment referring to my references in this domain (which are Sickle...  Cry )
So I would say 'no, it is to nice'  Huh Grin
Actually I'm just saying this to justify that I like it  Grin

_____oOo______ http://www.myspace.com/kaazduo

www.kara-moon.com, a site built by and for musicians
Support us at : http://www.mymajorcompany.com/Artistes/kaaz/
Marc JX8P
Kara-Moon-Collective
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2007, 10:40:46 PM »

Heh - thanks! Cheesy It's still one of my 'darker' tracks though in the choice of sounds and harmonies, so let's for the moment consider the forum to mean 'Dark and Evil - considering who posted it' and I'll stick with Ambient for follow-ups! Wink

Also known as Marc JXP
one

« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2007, 06:33:05 AM »

hi Marc

Fits in here.

Lot of great sounds in this. This is a really cool track! i like all the layering and the dramatic feel...

1 Smiley

Laguna Rising
Kara-Moon-Collective
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2007, 10:48:31 AM »

Hi Marc
I listened to this track yesterday, but I had mixed feelings on it.
Today it sounds a bit different and my mind is clearer.  Roll Eyes
I like many dramatic passages here, and now I understand the dark feeling comes from the choice of sounds, and in minor part to the melody. The synth riff in the 1st part has an unresolved feeling who adds mistery to the track.
The central break is kind of suspended atmosphere.
The final melody on the up-tempo rhythm is really good.
I like most of it but it sounds someway undefined in a particular way, during transitions beetween different parts.
And it caught me off balance
I was expecting more dissonant things. Anyway this is pretty good and experimental
Well done

Cheers
Marc JX8P
Kara-Moon-Collective
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2007, 05:59:47 PM »

Thanks! It's really cool to hear how you changed your opinion on the track. Not just because you like it now Wink but because I think there's a lot going on in it and that makes it definetely susceptible to being looked at from different perspectives. I agree it's somewhat undefined. This is something that's true for a lot of my music: I'm not to good at coming up with catchy melodies and stuff so I try and keep interest by mixing and matching, changing and building. On the other hand, I like to think that it's precisely this undefined-ness that makes the tracks quite relistenable (not sure that's a word...).

In any case, thanks for all the feedback. I always think that a piece of music isn't ready until it's heard; part of the music is how people perceive it.

Also known as Marc JXP
Mellotronaut

« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2007, 11:08:30 AM »

You're right, Marc, if everything is too obvious, a song gets boring very soon. Some 'undefinedness' is necessary to keep the listening alive.
This track is a very interesting example. There are many different things happening, several movements going on. It's like different emotions fighting in one person...the part with the voice is my favourite...so intense!
Can't stop listening...Very very good!

m
Oren
Kara-Moon Master

...just looking for clues...

« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2007, 02:39:05 PM »

Oren here...
They're calling me a moderator, but just think of me as a hoser(Canadian redneck) with a new computer. No idea what I'm doing, but I'll try to fake it! Help me now...

Marc, this tune really caught my ear - lots of interesting content, thoughtfully arranged. Musical stimulation rather than sonic irritation. Atmospheric.

Wyatt
Kara-Moon-Collective
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2007, 05:09:01 PM »

Whoa..that's really interesting work..I like it..

Don't know as I'd call it Dark, but..

..I don't know what to call most music nowadays..I kinda got lost a long time ago..like how did we get from Jefferson Airplane to Michael Hedges???

Anyway it's real pretty stuff..so I'll let you share my genre:

"I wonder what happens if I try this..??"

I love it when sound describes space as well as leaving an emotional footprint..

..it's a trip,

Wyatt

Van Greco

note to self: return to sender

« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2007, 07:50:08 PM »

You have some pretty cool sounds going on in this. This new Dark and Evil section seems to have little resemblence to the old one so, I'd say that it fits in with what I've heard here so far. Some of the sounds have an eerie quality to them and parts of this are definately ominous sounding. Definitly sounds darker than alot of ambient to me. Maybe the rhythm detracts from that a little bit, but hey, what do i know?

Thanks for sharing it. Smiley
Marc JX8P
Kara-Moon-Collective
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #10 on: April 19, 2007, 08:23:18 PM »

Thanks for the comments people! Really glad you liked it all and I love getting all these different insights.

Also known as Marc JXP
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: