Kara-Moon Forum
May 13, 2024, 08:43:52 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: You can go back to the main site here: Kara-Moon site

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: one5sticks  (Read 12909 times)
MarioD
Kara-Moon Master

« on: January 18, 2008, 02:23:50 AM »

Rockstar_not of the PG Music forums did this sketch track for the fun of it. I said it needed some screaming guitars.  He added some great guitar work to it. 

With his permission I added a couple of short shred guitar leads, and I use the term shred very loosely.

Anyway this was just for fun and not for publication.  However Scott said I could upload it if I wanted too.  I thought this was good enough to post.

What do you think? 

* one5sticks.mp3 (2305.71 KB - downloaded 395 times.)

The older I get the better I was!
rharv
Use in Moderation
Kara-Moon-Collective
Kara-Moon Master

Glad to be here

« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2008, 03:18:09 AM »

Scott is a pretty good writer, enjoys his B3 emulators!  I'm always perplexed why he hangs out at PT forum when he doesn't use the software, but I enjoy his posts usually. He gives a golden nugget tip every now and then.  (Of course I'm a little partial to a fellow Michigander..)

Those are some pretty heavy shred lines Mario- you keep surprising me. I didn't know you'd enjoy this type of thing.  Since you are apparently so open to new things we should try something once or twice...I'll have to keep you in mind.
 This one sounds like it was fun. Lacks enough structure to keep my interest; needs more development. Other than that it was great.
Thanks for sharing it

Make your sound your own!

http://www.motagator.net/bands/556/
MarioD
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2008, 02:23:16 PM »

Thanx Bob!

Yep, Scott is a good writer and he does share a lot of knowledge.  He does know his stuff.

Thanx for the shred line compliment.  I hadn’t played this kind of stuff for quite a while and thought it might be fun to try again.  It was fun.

I played in a wedding band for years that played all kinds of music; rock, country, waltzes, polkas, metal, you name it we played it.  I became a jack of all trades but a master of none. I don’t really fit into one category, but I can play a little of each, which the exception of any finger picking styles guitar.  I’m strictly a pick man!

If you ever want me to play on your music just give a call.  I will try my best to give you what you want.

Thanx for listening - MarioD

rharv
Use in Moderation
Kara-Moon-Collective
Kara-Moon Master

Glad to be here

« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2008, 06:48:22 PM »

If you look in the General Discussions forum  there is a thread Kara started ('I would like to show..')  where we are doing a blues song as a group...need a guitar solo for the end..giver 'er a shot.   D-G-D-A-G-D...'bout as simple as it gets chord-wise.
 Participate, and have fun.

MarioD
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2008, 07:53:28 PM »

I gave her a listen and I'm not sure where you would put a guitar lead at the end.  I was thinking maybe a wah-wah rhythm section in a couple of places.

Actually it sounds pretty darn good as is!

Mick Emery

« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2008, 11:56:50 PM »

D-G-D-A-G-D...'bout as simple as it gets chord-wise.

Besides...
Mario is still working on the D chord!!!      ROTFL

Mick

MarioD
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2008, 12:13:42 AM »

D-G-D-A-G-D...'bout as simple as it gets chord-wise.

Besides...
Mario is still working on the D chord!!!      ROTFL

Mick

Not to worry Mick, they’re gonna slow the song way down for me  Grin

rharv
Use in Moderation
Kara-Moon-Collective
Kara-Moon Master

Glad to be here

« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2008, 02:53:32 AM »

The versions are changing daily so I'm not sure what version you heard when you downloaded it. I know I put one up with horns at the end, but that's not staying. Kara was asking for another guitar solo at the end.  Just do a solo over the progression and let him cut/paste it to fit. He'll make it work for his concept.  That's a big part of what this expriment is about.  Have fun.  Pitch in.
Sounds like he's going to do some kind of 'dramatic' ending..with explosions and, and, everything! Shocked

Oren
Kara-Moon Master

...just looking for clues...

« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2008, 09:06:07 AM »

Mario,

That sounds like fun!
Scott is a patient, passionate, committed musician - always rewarding to work with.

I'd like to hear more of your shred/metal chops sometime soon,

Oren.

kara
Kara-Moon, a site built by and for musicians
Global Moderator
Kara-Moon Master

Music is my middle name

« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2008, 09:26:58 AM »

Mario,

Feel free to collaborate with us Cheesy
Actually the first vocal section sounds still a bit empty, so a bit of wah-wah over it would realy fit in there

k

I gave her a listen and I'm not sure where you would put a guitar lead at the end.  I was thinking maybe a wah-wah rhythm section in a couple of places.

_____oOo______ http://www.myspace.com/kaazduo

www.kara-moon.com, a site built by and for musicians
Support us at : http://www.mymajorcompany.com/Artistes/kaaz/
MarioD
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #10 on: January 20, 2008, 03:18:40 PM »

Thanx Oren, that was fun.

I’ll see if I have any shred/metal chops left

Mike

« Reply #11 on: January 20, 2008, 10:15:36 PM »

wOO
At first I wasn't sure which way it went, but the guitarchops made it all fall into place. On the second listen everything seemed right into place. Great song!!! love it
I think this is a firm base to build a full-blown, sellable song on. Perhaps put in some room for vocals, a catching chorus.....I think you have a winner here!!

Mike

MarioD
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #12 on: January 20, 2008, 10:44:34 PM »

Thanx Mike.

It's Scott's song so if anything happens after this point it is up to Scott.  I just jammed to his tracks.

folderol
Kara-Moon Master

Who? Me?

« Reply #13 on: January 20, 2008, 10:46:55 PM »

I'm getting confused (not difficult to do)

Is the track shown at the top of this thread the current version or an older one?

If it's older where is the latest?

If you have a poem, I have a tune, and we exchange these, we can both have a poem, a tune, and a song.
- Will
MarioD
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #14 on: January 21, 2008, 12:41:24 AM »

No one is as confused as I am most of the time!

The track at the start of this thread is the only one I’ve posted with my guitar parts.  The PG forums have older ones that Scott put up but they do not include my guitar parts.

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: