Kara-Moon Forum
May 14, 2024, 01:39:00 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: You can go back to the main site here: Kara-Moon site

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Keep your head up: new track  (Read 4506 times)
Frederik

« on: August 12, 2008, 01:13:55 PM »

A bit more rockin' and up tempo this track - this time the basis are electric guitars  Grin

All comments and suggestions appreciated!

frederik

* Keep your head up (vocal version) altversion.mp3 (5338.82 KB - downloaded 221 times.)
MarioD
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2008, 02:54:31 PM »

I loved it

Great guitars and rhythms, super transitions and outstanding lyrics.  The vox was super as well.

The only thing I wish is that you had recorded this 4 years ago.  That way I could play it on the day I retired from my, well you said it best in lyrical form,  company Evil

The older I get the better I was!
Frederik

« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2008, 06:01:24 PM »

Thanks for the kind words!

... and my apologies for the fact that I didn't come up with this four years ago  Tongue

frederik

Oren
Kara-Moon Master

...just looking for clues...

« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2008, 06:22:43 PM »

...I loved it...Great guitars and rhythms, super transitions and outstanding lyrics.  The vox was super as well...

Yes!
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Some constructive comments:

Two distorted electric guitars are very hard to mix and still maintain detail. Panning one guitar a little to the left and the other to the right will allow us to enjoy both guitars as individual instruments when they are playing together.

The lyrics are good and the vocal performance entertaining, but the words are hard to hear in some places.
Do you use a "de-essing" plug-in or program? If so, try removing that from the vocal. Or boost the frequencies above 3000Hz by about 4dB, and cut the frequencies below 300Hz by 4dB, to help the voice "cut" through the mix. Some experimentation may be necessary... Wink

folderol
Kara-Moon Master

Who? Me?

« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2008, 07:26:26 PM »

There are a few jobs I've left where I'd have liked this!

I agree with Oren, the vocal needs 'sharpening'. otherwise very good.

If you have a poem, I have a tune, and we exchange these, we can both have a poem, a tune, and a song.
- Will
Laguna Rising
Kara-Moon-Collective
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2008, 08:42:01 AM »

Very nice rocking number !
I agree the vocals needs a little more pressure in the right frequencies, but the mix is anyway very good
I like the vocal lines and the harmonies as well.

Cheers

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: