Kara-Moon Forum
May 08, 2024, 07:39:20 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: You can go back to the main site here: Kara-Moon site

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Philo Beddoe  (Read 6668 times)
elwoodblues1969
Kara-Moon Master

Studiophile,Audiophile & Synthophile.

« on: August 05, 2009, 08:34:27 PM »

My first attempt at a country tune.....a tribute to the film; "Every Which Way But Loose".

-Thom

* Philo Beddoe.mp3 (2224.99 KB - downloaded 300 times.)

Oren
Kara-Moon Master

...just looking for clues...

« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2009, 11:02:58 PM »

I love that movie!

As for the song... well if you keep working at the country genre, you'll eventually ace it, just like you've done with all the rest.
Forge on, dude, you'll get it...

elwoodblues1969
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2009, 11:47:00 PM »

Oren,

Thanks for the input & encouragement. Cool

-Thom

kara
Kara-Moon, a site built by and for musicians
Global Moderator
Kara-Moon Master

Music is my middle name

« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2009, 06:39:36 AM »

You keep surprising me, country was propably the last style I would expect from you  Grin
Nice try, I couldn't do it better, but then again I know nothing about country  Grin

k

_____oOo______ http://www.myspace.com/kaazduo

www.kara-moon.com, a site built by and for musicians
Support us at : http://www.mymajorcompany.com/Artistes/kaaz/
elwoodblues1969
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2009, 02:41:09 PM »

Kara,

In general,I'm not all that crazy over country music,but when there's a band of good musicians,just about any genre of music can be good.
I think-for the most part,good country music ended in the 70's,as I think today's pop country is horrendous. Tongue
I was exposed to Keith Urban's music,since my mother decided to buy one of his album's on a whim & she disliked it,because it had no country flavor to it at all.
I actually found it to be some nice soft rock and she was right,it's soft rock under the country category...very odd,but his was the only "Pop Country" I liked,because it was not Pop Country at all.

Authentic country music to me,would be Patsy Cline,Johnny Cash & such.

I don't have any grand plans to immerse myself into learning this genre,as I just wanted to try this genre,as I felt it appropriate to the movie and I like some of the music in the film(excluding Sandra Locke's performance's of course)! Tongue Roll Eyes

Thanks for your comments,

-Thom Cool

Wyatt
Kara-Moon-Collective
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2009, 02:26:58 PM »

Very interesting, Thom. You have a real variety of skills, man.    Afro

Cool

Wyatt

elwoodblues1969
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2009, 02:05:20 AM »

Thanks Wyatt-much appreciated. Cool

-Thom

MarioD
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2009, 10:07:53 PM »

Hi Thom, I do agree with you about authentic country music.  The stuff they play on country stations up here is more like 50’s style rock. Having said that authentic country always has twangy guitars and many times a crying pedal steel guitar.  Unfortunately your song did not include these main ingredients. Now I did read how this is your first attempt and that you are not a connoisseur of country music; neither am I but I have played a number of country jobs.

This is pretty good as it stands now.  My only concern is in your initial message.  You said a country song and I immediately was expecting what I mentioned above.  If you had said this song is a tribute to “Every Which Was But Loose” I would not have any preconceived thoughts about the song.

Keep pushing your limits

The older I get the better I was!
elwoodblues1969
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2009, 02:49:01 PM »

Mario,

Yeah....my song was nothing like the old-style country,but I don't think it was Pop country either.I suppose that really digging in deep & developing an authentic country style on a keyboard may prove to be exceedingly difficult. Undecided
I think I'll leave the country genre to the seasoned pros...such as you & James. Wink Cool

Thanks for you input,

-Thom

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: