Kara-Moon Forum
May 08, 2024, 06:35:30 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: You can go back to the main site here: Kara-Moon site

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: deleted, no bandwidth  (Read 7841 times)
Ed

« on: December 08, 2007, 02:33:30 AM »

Sad
« Last Edit: December 17, 2007, 05:53:47 PM by Ed » Logged
kara
Kara-Moon, a site built by and for musicians
Global Moderator
Kara-Moon Master

Music is my middle name

« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2007, 09:19:18 AM »

Very cool  Cool

Good groove and interesting sounds in there. Love those leadlines in the first part, sound like there would be played on a windcontroller.
You are certainly right , that lady knows how to play
I know how difficult it is to play with a midi pickup, the playing must be realy precise !
I love that style

k

_____oOo______ http://www.myspace.com/kaazduo

www.kara-moon.com, a site built by and for musicians
Support us at : http://www.mymajorcompany.com/Artistes/kaaz/
Ed

« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2007, 02:36:26 PM »

thanks kara,
yep I've heard some female guitarists in my time but not like this, imo it takes a skill to make other sounds from the guitar sound right to, that sax type part was amazing.
I was going to put more of a piano lead in there but no way was I getting in the way of her performance.

thanks for the intake
elwoodblues1969
Kara-Moon Master

Studiophile,Audiophile & Synthophile.

« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2007, 06:23:27 PM »

Hello Ed,

Very unique & interesting piece & well put together...beautiful guitar work that is the very backbone of this song. Cool

The only problem I have with this song however,is the piano sound.It must be a Korg M1 piano..am I correct?

I used to own that keyboard & it has the most God awful piano sound I have ever heard(in my opinion). Tongue

The sound is so distinctively sour & thin,that I can always point out the keyboard behind that terrible sound,whether it's in a commercial,a movie-or whatever.

It just really go against the grain & that sound is like finger nails on a chaulk board ever time I hear it,as it puts a damper on everything that the piano is incorporated into.

This is just my personal taste regarding piano sounds,as I am very particular about my piano sounds,but what bothers me about this sound,is that it comes from a professional grade keyboard and if you were to spend $300 on a Casio keyboard,you would end up with a much more authentic piano sound than a $1800 Korg M1.

I only mention this because this is otherwise a great sounding piece with wonderful musicianship in it,so why use this particualr piano sound?

I hope you don't mind my saying so,but I really think this song would be a much more enjoyable piece with a more authentic piano sound & perhaps with a bit of reverb added to it as well.

Elwood

Ed

« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2007, 06:55:51 PM »

I only mention this because this is otherwise a great sounding piece with wonderful musicianship in it,so why use this particualr piano sound?

Elwood
lol
cause its the only one I got sadly, but believe me, I know what you mean and I did pay $1800 for it..ouch...maybe santa will bring me a proper piano sound...heres hopin..
maybe a bit of verb like you say and eq some of the kank out, but to be honest this piece is done.
I'm currently working on a spoken word series with Nigel Potter so its back to that. This was just one of those things that came along.

thanks for the intake Elwood

« Last Edit: December 08, 2007, 07:02:20 PM by Ed » Logged
Laguna Rising
Kara-Moon-Collective
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2007, 11:58:01 PM »

Hey Ed, this is very different from your usual stuff, but certainly impressive  Cool
Almost rock fusion with reflections of Jeff Beck latest things
I like the guitar style, I think that after years, the number of notes or the speed of playing doesn't impress me much, but the style is unique, :clap:
Apart from that there are many wise arrangements and good solutions in this track.

Cheers
Ed

« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2007, 02:18:15 AM »

laguna, thanks as always,
ya its great when these things come along and make you do something different to scratch the itch, so to speak... Smiley

Fred S
Moderators Views

« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2007, 06:31:09 PM »

Oh, I get it now. You run off and hide for months and then show up and throw something like this at us. That takes a lot of nerve  Roll Eyes

So, really, its nice to see you around again. I love listening to this, and your right, she is a Gem. The sax part was very cool, and she used some very tasteful lead lines with the reg guitar sound at 2:00. Drums sound great and the progression moves very well.

gt-8; that's a midi guitar or midi control on the guitar?

Regarding pianos...I have a few Roll Eyes  The only one that sounds "good" is in my living room with the lid up. You just use the stuff you have to get as close as you can. Pretty cool though that Thom picked up that sound out of the mix. Good ears, Thom Cool

Some nice work here, buddy!

Ed

« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2007, 07:27:32 PM »

thanks for the intake and good to hear from ya Fred, hope the holidays will be great, things are cool here, like about -25c..ouch
once you've owned an M1 the piano is burned in forever ,lol..I'll get a new sampled piano someday, its on the list, getting through that list is tricky and time consuming though, lol
too many creative and talented gents around here to stay away.

be good
FourthMansions
Kara-Moon-Collective

« Reply #9 on: December 11, 2007, 08:51:04 PM »

I enjoyed listening to this. Great production and sounds, and wonderful lead playing. The only downside for me was that it felt like a series of unconnected sections - I would have enjoyed it more if it felt like a coherent whole.
Ed

« Reply #10 on: December 11, 2007, 10:23:43 PM »

thanks for the listen, I suppose the changes aren't for everyone
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: