Kara-Moon Forum
May 05, 2024, 08:08:45 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: You can go back to the main site here: Kara-Moon site

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Komplete 6 & Presonus Studio One?  (Read 3517 times)
elwoodblues1969
Kara-Moon Master

Studiophile,Audiophile & Synthophile.

« on: April 30, 2010, 09:53:19 PM »

I know they're are a couple of NI Komplete 6 users here,so I decided to copy my query here as well;

I'm brand new to NI & I have the Komplete 6 bundle,as well as Presonus Studio One.
I can't find any of my NI VSTi's in my Studio One folder and if it's due to my not setting up the NI bundle correctly..well..I have no idea were I went wrong.
Someone on another forum had told me that I have to run the programs in stand-alone mode first.
Currently,I am trying to get Absynth 5 to work,but I can't seem to scroll through the instruments and I can't get past the default sound...much less even bring the window to full screen.
The NI instructions tell me to look to my host's instructions to configure the NI VSTi's,but nothing in the Studio One DAW's instructions tell me anything that I haven't already tried.
I went to AskVideo's website to look for a tutorial DVD(as I had bought one for my Reason 4),but AskVideo has no NI DVD's,nor do they have anything on Presonus.
NI,nor Presonus,have toll free numbers and I can't afford to throw away any more money on toll calls(as I have already done that trying to resolve Presonus S1's 1.5 update,as well as NI's free Absynth 5,that was included with my NI Audio Kontrol 1).

I bought all my gear & software at Sweetwater.com,but tech support there does not know the Presonus Studio One software very well.

Regardless of what companies I've dealt with,phone tech support generally does not have very knowledgable people and the e-mail tech support,only provides very generalized solutions to customer queries.

I will also try seeking help in the Presonus forum,as well as some other forums,in an effort to get this resolved completely and hopefyully in a timely manner.

Can anyone here please provide some assistance?Would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

-Elwood

MarioD
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2010, 11:55:57 PM »

Yes, you MUST run all of NI’s stuff in stand-alone mode prior to using it as a VSTi.  It’s been a while but if I remember correctly you may have to shut down and restart after running in stand a lone mode, but I’m not sure about this.

Also is your Presonus Studio one looking for NI’s dlls in the right folder?  I use Sonar and I have all of my VSTi’s in the same folder.  This keeps things very simple and I need simple!  This is very important.  If studio one is looking in a folder that doesn’t contain the NI stuff then it will never find it.

The older I get the better I was!
elwoodblues1969
Kara-Moon Master

Studiophile,Audiophile & Synthophile.

« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2010, 12:17:02 AM »

Mario,

Thanks for the response.I guess I will try restarting my PC.I think it's safe to say that my Presonus S1 is not looking for the right folder....I had a similar problem with the content in the Presonus 1.5 update and I had help with that situation.
Perhaps that method will apply to this situation and I'm working on it.

Appreciate the input,

-Thom

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: