Kara-Moon Forum
May 05, 2024, 01:30:44 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: You can go back to the main site here: Kara-Moon site

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Lust In Space  (Read 8214 times)
elwoodblues1969
Kara-Moon Master

Studiophile,Audiophile & Synthophile.

« on: May 11, 2008, 01:25:00 AM »

This will be my last song with the XioSynth,as I am returning it.
The 7th white key up from the left,is making a terrible noise and the 12th white key has a bad connection,because I have to strike it several times,just to get a sound out of it.

* LustInSpace(mp3).mp3 (3376.53 KB - downloaded 251 times.)

Oren
Kara-Moon Master

...just looking for clues...

« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2008, 08:08:49 AM »

Another excellent showcase of the Xio-Synth's capabilities. (cute song too Cheesy)

At this stage of the game, a guitar is easy for me to evaluate, but I have no idea how to assess an electronic keyboard's build quality. Can a person tell just from a few minute's examination?

Laguna Rising
Kara-Moon-Collective
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2008, 08:41:19 AM »

Shocked
This will be my last song with the XioSynth,as I am returning it.

:surprise:

Nervous groovin' thing, nice breaks.

Cheers
elwoodblues1969
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2008, 01:27:52 PM »

Oren,

There really isn't much to evaluate,as I see it.Dislocated spring,bad contact between the underside of the key & circuit board below.
I've only had the keyboard 5 days,so I see no reason to get it repaired.

This incident prompted me to delve deeper into the Novation website,to better determine what the actual differences are between the Xio & X-Station.

In my readings,I discovered that-aside from a few trivial features,there is no different between the two(sound engine-wise).

The main difference between the two,is that the Xio has less manual controls(but the same amount of functions,because the buttons are multi-functional).

That being said,the X-Station has a more hands on feel,so in essence,it is a more desirable layout controls-wise and the X-Station has a 61 key option,so I concluded that the X-Station is the ideal choice for me.

In light of my new findings,it would not make any sense for me to have both the Xio & X-Station,so I think everything will work out for the best.

Thank you for your effort to help and thanks for your compliments-much appreciated. Cheesy

Kind regards,

Thom

elwoodblues1969
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2008, 01:28:53 PM »

L.R.,

Thanks for your compliments. Smiley

Thom

MarioD
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2008, 02:43:55 PM »

Thom, this is very good; great groove with some very nice breaks!  Super!

Sorry to hear about the XioSynth.  It is a super sounding synth.  To bad it’s not built properly.  Did you google to see if this was a common problem?  Maybe you just got a bad unit, unfortunately that happens a lot with electronic stuff. 

But I am looking forward to hearing your replacement synth.  I’m sure you will make that sing also!

The older I get the better I was!
elwoodblues1969
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2008, 04:05:10 PM »

Mario,

I had researched the XioSynth before I placed an order for it,& I have not come across any bad reviews of it.

This incident may very well be a freak occurance,but like I had mentioned in my previous post,I had found out more information between the two synths and both sound engines are identical and since a 61 note keyboard is available in the X-Station series,it only makes sense to just have the one.

Also,there is a considerable price differenece between the two,so perhaps I'm buying into more durable build quality...hopefully. Undecided

Besides which,since the X-Station program patches are compatible with the Xio,theoretically,I should be able to download the Xio patches I like,to the X-Station.
That being said,there's nohing to lose and everything to gain,by me returning my Xio & buying an X-Station(for what I'm after feature-wise).

Thanks for all your kind words,

Thom

kara
Kara-Moon, a site built by and for musicians
Global Moderator
Kara-Moon Master

Music is my middle name

« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2008, 10:22:05 AM »

Sorry to hear about the mechanical problems you found out. Realy a shame for such a great sounding synth !

k

_____oOo______ http://www.myspace.com/kaazduo

www.kara-moon.com, a site built by and for musicians
Support us at : http://www.mymajorcompany.com/Artistes/kaaz/
elwoodblues1969
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2008, 03:20:38 PM »

Kara,

As it is now,it's all working out for the best,as I realized that just having the X-Station,is all I will need....better I know this now,as if I were to have both keyboards,I would have ended up with two synths that have identical sound engines,so I'll be saving myself a considerable amount of money in the end! Cheesy

Thanks for your kind words,

Thom

Servetus

Heretic

« Reply #9 on: May 14, 2008, 10:19:15 PM »

Man, that bass pretty much sat on my brain when it first kicked in. I like it.  Grin Interesting composition, some of the sounds are outside of my taste, but an enjoyable piece none the less.

A shame, about the XioSynth, sounds like the X-Station will be pretty rad though.

I like.. sound.
folderol
Kara-Moon Master

Who? Me?

« Reply #10 on: May 14, 2008, 11:10:05 PM »

Yes. Good work - even if I am a bit late commenting Roll Eyes

If you have a poem, I have a tune, and we exchange these, we can both have a poem, a tune, and a song.
- Will
elwoodblues1969
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #11 on: May 14, 2008, 11:41:53 PM »

Servetus,

Glad the bass blew your hair back. Evil Thanks for the commentary. Cool

As for the XioSynth,well...I hope no one gets the wrong idea about this particular keyboard,as I am sure that this defective one is few-to near nill.

If the X-Station was not available,I would get another Xio in a nano-second.

According to Novation,the X-Station is thier flagship keyboard and by one of the staff's own admission,you are paying more money for a better keybed(whatever that means),but overall,Novation keyboards have great action on them,but I opted for the 61 key version,as essentially,the Xio is merely an updated,more compact version of the X-Station,so both sound engines are the same.

For different reasons,I think both the Xio & X-Station are rad. Cool

Thom

elwoodblues1969
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #12 on: May 14, 2008, 11:48:17 PM »

Will,

Don't sweat the period of time it took you to comment,as there really is no set schedule for commenting. Smiley The only reason I am so quick to comment,is due to the fact that I am retired and I spend most of my time indoors.

Everyone has different lives with different schedules and I can fully appreciate that.

There was a time when I worked 3 jobs,stayed up half the night with my daughter AND shared all the other household duties and at that time,I had zero time to spend online.

Thanks for your compliment. Cool

Thom

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: