Kara-Moon Forum
May 21, 2024, 12:46:55 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: You can go back to the main site here: Kara-Moon site

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Seven  (Read 6810 times)
Moon
Global Moderator
Kara-Moon Master

« on: May 11, 2010, 07:02:36 PM »

Hi again. The last couple of months, I've spent way to much time at work. Still, I was able to make a layout for a new song. Just follow the link and enjoy...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yt8pKt4Nvz0

Moon
Oren
Kara-Moon Master

...just looking for clues...

« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2010, 11:30:54 PM »

Good music - good production

What I really like about this video is that it's a showcase for what can be accomplished with softsynths. I know that many players feel that "serious" artists only use hardware synthesizers, but the more I hear of these programs, the more impressed I am with their potential for creativity and great sound.

It seems that the only limits to software soundsources are the skill and dedication of the artist...

Nice going, Moon!

kara
Kara-Moon, a site built by and for musicians
Global Moderator
Kara-Moon Master

Music is my middle name

« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2010, 05:36:11 AM »

Good one brother  Cool
I feel it still lack a bit in the lower range, but it's getting better !

k

_____oOo______ http://www.myspace.com/kaazduo

www.kara-moon.com, a site built by and for musicians
Support us at : http://www.mymajorcompany.com/Artistes/kaaz/
Moon
Global Moderator
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2010, 09:45:32 AM »

Good one brother  Cool
I feel it still lack a bit in the lower range, but it's getting better !

k

I'm still not sure wether a bass-line is needed or not, but I'll give it a try...

Moon
Moon
Global Moderator
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2010, 09:58:28 AM »

Good music - good production

What I really like about this video is that it's a showcase for what can be accomplished with softsynths. I know that many players feel that "serious" artists only use hardware synthesizers, but the more I hear of these programs, the more impressed I am with their potential for creativity and great sound.

It seems that the only limits to software soundsources are the skill and dedication of the artist...

I agree with you, although I must admit that not all softsynths have the same quality. However, ad the end, it's the musician's creativity that will determine the end-result Wink
elwoodblues1969
Kara-Moon Master

Studiophile,Audiophile & Synthophile.

« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2010, 01:39:42 PM »

Moon,

Interesting soundscape here...reminiscent of Jean Jarre.
CoolThe lead sound though(a saw wave,I think),that comes in at around :32....there are some timing issues that are quite noticeable in some parts,which I think need tending to.

May I ask where you got the still shots for the video from?Fascinating outer space-scapes there!About the soft-synths you used...they don't seem to be any different than what you could find in NI Komplete 6,so why look beyond NI?It's not that I think NI is the beginning & end to all softsynths out there and in fact,I am a bit disappointed in certain areas of the Komplete 6,but I would think that your next batch of sounds would be coming from Omnisphere.
I really wish I had bought Ominsphere instead-but now I can't,as I just don't have enough power on my PC to run it.
Embarrassed

-Thom

Moon
Global Moderator
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2010, 07:00:20 PM »

Thom,

About VSTi's. There's a lot in the Komplete bundle, I know (I have one), but there are some VSTi's which really complement this bundle. One for sure is Sylenth1. To be honest, this softsynth is the one which impresses me the most. It has a very distinctive sound which easily can compete with hardware synths, even the famous Virus range.
I can't tell about Omnisphere. As far as I can tell, Omnisphere is very good, but I'm not sure to what extend it will complement the Komplete bundle.
If you should get Omnisphere, let us know !

Moon
elwoodblues1969
Kara-Moon Master

Studiophile,Audiophile & Synthophile.

« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2010, 11:22:04 PM »

Moon,

I definitely plan on adding Omnisphere to my collection,but can't say as to when this will happen,as I am up to my eyeballs in bills! Shocked I must upgrade my RAM first & foremost & when I do,I give you the full skinny on the Omnishpere! Cheesy

-Thom

folderol
Kara-Moon Master

Who? Me?

« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2010, 08:34:43 PM »

Trademark Moon-Music. I thinks a very slow deep bass would enhance it though. Like those screenshots.

If you have a poem, I have a tune, and we exchange these, we can both have a poem, a tune, and a song.
- Will
MarioD
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2010, 11:57:29 PM »

Loved it! 

A very professional sounding mix IMHO  wOO wOO wOO

The older I get the better I was!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: