Kara-Moon Forum
May 14, 2024, 08:30:57 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: You can go back to the main site here: Kara-Moon site

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: New Song - When She Looks At Him  (Read 7269 times)
stephenwyoung

« on: February 28, 2012, 05:20:59 PM »

Hi everyone!

I just finished this one, called When She Looks At Him.  My wife has always had a 6th sense about people (while I'm just clueless!)  We can meet someone, and later Rachel will say to me "did you see the way she was looking at him?  She is in love with him."  This is after about 2 minutes of being around them!  So I wrote this song with that in mind.

I decided I would play some violin on this one. All the strings in the first chorus are real. I played 12 tracks of violin, and made my own string section. Smiley  Everything else is Realtracks/Realdrums. All the vocals are me. I hope you enjoy this one!  (A little bit of country!)

Here are the lyrics...

When She Looks At Him
Music and Lyrics, copyright Stephen W. Young

She stands there looking out her window
The rain is gently coming down
And as she looks off in the shadows
He comes to her without a sound

And when she looks at him
You can see it in her eyes
And then she smiles
So tenderly
You can't help but realize
The way she feels
You see it when she looks at him

They say they make a perfect couple
And everybody knows
That she's had her share of offers
But they all turn into no

'Cause when she looks at him
And then she smiles
So tenderly
The way she feels
But only when she looks at him

And then she smiles
So tenderly
The way she feels
You see it when she looks at him

Only when she looks at him

===

Hope you have a great day!

Steve

* When She Looks At Him.mp3 (5594.21 KB - downloaded 280 times.)
Azell

« Reply #1 on: February 29, 2012, 08:03:51 PM »

comme c'est magnifique. Merci pour cette si belle chanson, musique, paroles et interprétation. Bravo, j'adore!
Azell
 wOO

Kara pour toujours
Oren
Kara-Moon Master

...just looking for clues...

« Reply #2 on: February 29, 2012, 10:58:21 PM »

I decided I would play some violin on this one. All the strings in the first chorus are real. I played 12 tracks of violin, and made my own string section.
Now, THAT is cool! I've spent just enough time with a viola to know what a feat this is. 12 tracks - smooth Afro

stephenwyoung

« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2012, 12:38:43 AM »

Azell,

Thank you so much!  I always appreciate you taking the time to listen and comment!

Steve
stephenwyoung

« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2012, 12:42:28 AM »

Oren,

Thanks a bunch!  I'm still pretty rusty on the fiddle.  That used to be my main instrument, but that was over 30 years ago!  Boy does time fly!!!   Huh

My violin was stolen about 20 years ago, and I just borrowed one from a friend recently, so I am picking it back up again.  Having fun!

Thanks so much for your kind words!

Steve
folderol
Kara-Moon Master

Who? Me?

« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2012, 04:27:19 PM »

What can I say?
Great county style song - as usual. I'm insanely jealous of your ability to produce those tight vocal harmonies, and your 'string section' worked perfectly.

If you have a poem, I have a tune, and we exchange these, we can both have a poem, a tune, and a song.
- Will
offthewall
Kara-Moon-Collective
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2012, 10:29:55 PM »

This is another absolute beauty.  wOO

Congrats on getting back to grips with the strings. It is often so difficult to return to an instrument after a long absence.

As usual your vocals are magnificent. Spot on and completely believable.

I would love to have the opportunity, in the future, to be able to supply some 'real' guitar or bass to some of your songs if that were ever possible. You have a wonderful song writing ability.

Wink
James

stephenwyoung

« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2012, 01:26:55 AM »

Boy am I bad at replying to posts, or what!  The past couple of months have been pretty crazy for me.  Please forgive my "slowness" in getting back to you guys!

Folderol,

Thanks so much!  Glad you like this one.  Much appreciated!

James,

Once again, thank you very much!  I would like to do something "real" in the future as well.  I got very sick in December, and was in the hospital for a week (ICU for 3 days).  I am pretty well recovered, healthwise, but it knocked me out of work for about a month.  So I have been working extra hard to get caught up on the bills!  Smiley

Hopefully in the next few months I will be totally caught up, and have some time to work with you guys on something.  Meanwhile, it is so convenient for me to do the "PG" thing.  (I have such a routine going that I can do a complete song usually in an hour or two.)

Just keep bugging me about working on something together.  I would love to see it happen.  Smiley

Thanks again!

Steve
prsings

« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2012, 03:49:48 AM »

Wow? This song is a hit, have you shopped it in Nashville? I hear it as a duet, very few good ones are written. It somehow reminds me of Clapton's "Wonderful Tonight."
Excellent everything !!  Cheesy
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: