Kara-Moon Forum
May 15, 2024, 08:18:49 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: You can go back to the main site here: Kara-Moon site

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: A new song  (Read 6042 times)
MarioD
Kara-Moon Master

« on: September 15, 2010, 05:29:27 PM »

Two weeks ago the PSR guys were over and BobH started to diddle around with this rhythm guitar rift. It sounded pretty good so I recorded it. SteveS, our singer/lyricist, said he would write some lyrics for it and we would record them this past week.  So during the week I laid down some drums, played the bass and organ parts. Well do to circumstances beyond our control the guys could not make it over this week so there I was in the studio all by myself and that my friends can be very dangerous  Evil So I put down a synth patch and played my wind controller into it and I recorded some lead guitar work.

The song is called Monday Morning but it could be called “This is What Happens When You Don’t Show Up for Practice” Wink

I hope you like it for what it is.

* Monday Morning.mp3 (5922.53 KB - downloaded 692 times.)

The older I get the better I was!
folderol
Kara-Moon Master

Who? Me?

« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2010, 07:03:30 PM »

Ha! This is far too cheerful for a Monday morning. There's a lot going on there friend, and it's all good Cool

If you have a poem, I have a tune, and we exchange these, we can both have a poem, a tune, and a song.
- Will
Oren
Kara-Moon Master

...just looking for clues...

« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2010, 11:20:25 PM »

... so there I was in the studio all by myself and that my friends can be very dangerous  Evil So I put down a synth patch and played my wind controller into it and I recorded some lead guitar work...

Outrageous production - and big, happy chops!

Your studio work drastically out-grew the original acoustic guitar track.
Maybe you can get Bob to take another run at it - this time without squeezing the D-chord out of tune...... Cheesy
(yes, that big index finger on the dreaded G-string...)

impablomations

« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2010, 01:24:45 AM »

Very nice Mr Mario, some tasty leads licks there.

One advantage of the guys not turning up for practice is not waiting for the drummer to finish 2hr setting up his kit, moving the snare 10mm every 2 mins till his happy (our old drummer) lol

I have the world's largest collection of seashells. I keep it on all the beaches of the world... perhaps you've seen it. - Steven Wright

Music is a moral law. It gives soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination, and charm and gaiety to life and to everything. - Plato
kara
Kara-Moon, a site built by and for musicians
Global Moderator
Kara-Moon Master

Music is my middle name

« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2010, 07:00:18 AM »

Having my proper band, I know the troubles of people not showing up at rehearsals....
Luckily I have an arranger keyboard and can replace all of them if want.

Good song it is, still would need vox to make it complete.

k

_____oOo______ http://www.myspace.com/kaazduo

www.kara-moon.com, a site built by and for musicians
Support us at : http://www.mymajorcompany.com/Artistes/kaaz/
MarioD
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2010, 12:34:40 PM »

Thanx all for listening and the comments.

Will – thank you very much for the very kind review.

Oren – thanx for the review and the out of tune observation. On occasion one of us will come up with something new that sounds good and when that happens we immediately turn on the sequencer to capture it.  This was one of those occasions. It will get recorded again when Steve comes up with lyrics.

Impablomations – Thanx for the very kind comments. We have no drummer; we are lucky We are just 4 guys who get together and record. Bob plays guitar and sings, Steve sings and plays harmonica, Danny plays guitar and I do the rest.  The drums come from the computer.  I LOVE computer drummers!

Kara – Thanx – this was just a fun thing for me to do.  This is not the real song.  We will record that when Steve get the lyrics and we decide what style it should be done in.

Thanx again all for your comments.  They are greatly appreciated.

magmavander
Frenchy but chic
Kara-Moon-Collective

« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2010, 08:11:51 PM »

Excellent song! Very groovy and relaxing in the same time.
You did a very good work. Sound is clear and clean. I enjoyed a lot the listening  Cool
A nice fly   wOO

Frenchy but chic
isle3music

« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2010, 09:21:27 PM »

Very nicely done Mario,great performance...you're a one man band  Grin
Cheers
Rui
MarioD
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2010, 11:11:01 PM »

Thanx mag and Rui for listening and the very kind reviews.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: