Kara-Moon Forum
May 03, 2024, 07:45:28 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: You can go back to the main site here: Kara-Moon site

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Modern Series & Vintage Edition free VST effects collection!  (Read 5569 times)
SampleScience
Global Moderator

« on: February 12, 2007, 02:21:34 AM »

Taken the news from KvR...

The Antress Modern Series is a collection of VST effects mastering arsenal free of charge & very neat sounding!! There is also a Vintage Edition Series of vintage inspired "mastering" devices (valve compressor, limiter, limiting amplifier, etc...).

I've tested these plugs in MiniHost & so far no problems... they may be a bit cpu hungry since they're made in SynthMaker but still veyr usable to ad a bit of caracter to any samples or sound sources. Have a look:

http://www.modernplugins.in-tw.com/

Some tasty pictures  Shocked :

kara
Kara-Moon, a site built by and for musicians
Global Moderator
Kara-Moon Master

Music is my middle name

« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2007, 06:37:36 AM »

O Yeah
I've followed the treath on Kvr too, especialy the one about the bashing of coying the GUI from hardware  Roll Eyes
You have to test these to decide if you'll use it or not.
Personnaly I find some of them, not bad, some of them I find  Undecided

But certainly worth a try.

BTW. I know from a SM developper that the fact that there are a bit CPU hungry is not due to the fact that SM was used to build those. It is due the fact of (average) programming. If some of those algoritmes in there would be reviewed and coded in assembler they would be far less CPU hungry.

_____oOo______ http://www.myspace.com/kaazduo

www.kara-moon.com, a site built by and for musicians
Support us at : http://www.mymajorcompany.com/Artistes/kaaz/
SampleScience
Global Moderator

« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2007, 10:46:37 PM »

O Yeah
I've followed the treath on Kvr too, especialy the one about the bashing of coying the GUI from hardware  Roll Eyes
You have to test these to decide if you'll use it or not.
Personnaly I find some of them, not bad, some of them I find  Undecided

But certainly worth a try.

BTW. I know from a SM developper that the fact that there are a bit CPU hungry is not due to the fact that SM was used to build those. It is due the fact of (average) programming. If some of those algoritmes in there would be reviewed and coded in assembler they would be far less CPU hungry.

I didn't knew about the GUI bashing.  Undecided I personnaly think it's just cool to see the new breed of SynthMaker develloper experimenting & making the results available ot all. I think they are some interesting devices to be use to give some caracter to samples or even full lengt songs. They are not has good as the TbT TubeLimit & Tug of War thought! But still good...

kara
Kara-Moon, a site built by and for musicians
Global Moderator
Kara-Moon Master

Music is my middle name

« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2007, 08:18:23 AM »

Well the GUI bashing was mostly about the fact, that it 'seems' that he took existing photos from some hardware to use in his gui...
another point is the cpu usage and finally there is a new general feeling on kvr that SM is as bad as SE, of course this rumour is heavily supported by the "real" programmers that write there software in C or Delphi.
A lot of those guys forget that it is the result that counts and not the tools.
And I realy don't like when people are bashing like that on FREE plugins

Some people are happy trying to destroy free stuff, and that is something I don't understand. We here at kara-moon are the perfect ewample for this. We deliver only free stuf so I guess that we don't harm anyone. Still, the last 2 weeks, we are under severe hacker attacks! They did about everything in the book to try to get the site down. Moon did a wonderfoul job, adjusting the security and monitoring what was happening. As you can see , he was succesfull, because we are still here Smiley
But why would somebody want to destroy kara-moon ? Just for the fun of it ?

Just my toughts.

_____oOo______ http://www.myspace.com/kaazduo

www.kara-moon.com, a site built by and for musicians
Support us at : http://www.mymajorcompany.com/Artistes/kaaz/
SampleScience
Global Moderator

« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2007, 09:36:15 PM »

Weird indeed... it's a strange idea to try to hack a freeware-free ressources website!  Sad

Moon
Global Moderator
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2007, 08:35:42 PM »

Yes indeed, it is strange. But seemingly they're a couple of guys from Russia or Ukraine that are trying to hack the kara-moon site. Very strange indeed. It almost look like there are some type of internet terrorists active. Beats me  Angry

Moon
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: