Kara-Moon Forum
May 03, 2024, 08:16:12 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: You can go back to the main site here: Kara-Moon site

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Forum suggestions  (Read 4805 times)
Marc JX8P
Kara-Moon Master

« on: March 23, 2007, 10:37:15 PM »

Been using the forum for a few days now and I really like it so far! I also have a few suggestions.
  • I'd like to have something like the 'My Posts' page at KvR; if you've posted in several threads and you return to the forum after a while this would give you an overview of the threads you've posted in with a mention of who the last poster in that thread is, sorted by day of last post in descending order. Not sure if that is doable in this forum system, but I think it's very helpful.
  • I'd suggest making a seperate forum for forum-related issues like this one.

What I really like here is the flexibility when posting a reply for including attachments and having e-mail notifications of replies. Great stuff!

Also known as Marc JXP
one

« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2007, 05:29:22 AM »

Hi Mark

I love your first idea! I don't know if it's possible but I'm sure Moon does.

Re the second IMHO the general area would suffice for this purpose. To many forums  adds clutter and makes it harder to navigate...

1 Smiley

Moon
Global Moderator
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2007, 03:23:27 PM »

Mark,

It's a great idea, but unfortunatly not a feature of the forum soft we use. I have a look if the authors plan this features in the near fututre. Alternatively, I could program this feature but this will take time and I really would like to spend more time after my DAW instead of working PC  Embarrassed

I'll have a look though...

Moon
Ed

« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2007, 04:42:11 PM »

moon, is there no way to make the string on forum files end with either .mp3 or .m3u...its the way it is all of the other places I go

the way the link is written now, they must be downloaded to listen rather than just coming up in your media player, I choose not to alter my virus stuff for just this site, so I'll be missing these files...sorry

the link title ends in .mp3 but the actual string location of the files are a long attachment download location...when you hover over the file with your mouse the bottom of your page shows the true location, it should end in .mp3 or .m3u
Moon
Global Moderator
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2007, 04:53:37 PM »

I think the moment you wrote this, it was allready solved  Tongue

Or, at least... I hope  Embarrassed

Could you give it a try ?

Moon
Marc JX8P
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2007, 05:22:16 PM »

Mark,

It's a great idea, but unfortunatly not a feature of the forum soft we use. I have a look if the authors plan this features in the near fututre. Alternatively, I could program this feature but this will take time and I really would like to spend more time after my DAW instead of working PC  Embarrassed

I'll have a look though...

Moon

That's ok. Like I said: I'm really happy with the forum experience, these are just meant as suggestions.

Also known as Marc JXP
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: