Kara-Moon Forum
May 05, 2024, 10:52:31 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: You can go back to the main site here: Kara-Moon site

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Kore Player..what is it??  (Read 4070 times)
elwoodblues1969
Kara-Moon Master

Studiophile,Audiophile & Synthophile.

« on: April 26, 2010, 05:50:38 AM »

It all began with my DVD ROM that came with my Behringer UMX610 midi controller,as it had NI Kore Player on it and I had a heap of trouble activating it....all because of the damn activation key that came with it.
I spent several hours on the phone with NI(long distance) and the problem was never resolved....so I gave up on it.

However though..when I installed my Presonus software,it came with the Kore Player,so I made another attempt to install it,but to no avail,as all of the activation info is permanently stored in my NI user account and there is no way of clearing it out.
I then decided to use my other PC and under a different e-mail address,I re-registered with NI and after downloading the Kore Player the activation worked with a mere serial number that was given(no activation key was required),so I thought everything was golden.

However though...being the bleeding imbecile that I am,I was under the assumption that I could transfer this particular download of my activated Kore Player onto my thumb drive,& then upload it to my PC that has my Presonus program on it and as I discovered,this is not possible.
At this point,I was down to my very last option....I ran my DSL connection to my other PC and re-registered with NI for a third time-but this time,NI recognized my second registration,so I could not activate my third download.

The worst of it is,is that Native Instruments has a policy of not providing tech support for free software,so this precludes me of ever being able to use Kore Player...not ever..not in this lifetime.
All this being said,can anyone tell me what I am missing out on...is Kore Player any good?I don't know....at this point,I don't think I should ever consider buying Komplete 6 from NI,as they treat their customers like shit.

It's the company's activation keys that fouled everything up-so it's their fault,but they won't be held accountable for their f**k up and in turn,I am being punished for my ignorance with computers.
I would actually pay for a f**king Kore Player DVD ROM,just to resolve this mess,but Kore Player exists only in the form of a download.

Native Instruments should understand that some musicians are not all that computer savy,but they cannot be bothered with folks like me,so they'll never get my business.

-Thom

MarioD
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2010, 12:13:57 PM »

Thom, here is a thread about uninstalling Kore Player:
http://www.native-instruments.com/forum/showthread.php?t=73866

I have the Kore Player with all of the free NI sounds and one purchased soundpack, the Sax and Brass one.  I then purchased Kontakt.  The player doesn’t give you much control over the sounds, it’s a basic rompler, while Kontakt gives you tons of control.  I very seldom use the Kore Player anymore.

Personally based on what you have now I doubt you would get much use out of the Kore Player.  You have much better sounds in your system now!

Good luck!

PS - I have not upgraded my Kontkat 3.5 to version 4 due to the NI problems.  I'm waiting to see what happens to NI.

The older I get the better I was!
elwoodblues1969
Kara-Moon Master

Studiophile,Audiophile & Synthophile.

« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2010, 03:28:02 PM »

Thanks for the heads up on the Kore Player-much appreciated! KissI never have any problems uninstalling a program,but thanks for the link anyway.
I still feel very conflicted about buying the Komplete 6 bundle....but I suppose that since there would be nothing to upgrade and nothing to download,I can't imagine encountering any problems(as afterall,NI will help you,provided that you actually make a purchase).
Roll Eyes

Thanks again,

-Thom

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: