Kara-Moon Forum
May 08, 2024, 10:02:31 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: You can go back to the main site here: Kara-Moon site

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Serengeti  (Read 9707 times)
isle3music

« on: August 31, 2010, 02:02:33 AM »

This is a song I wrote back in the day when I still had the motif and the triton and no software.
It was recorded on an 8 track and unfortunately I only have the mp3 but I've always wanted rework it without redoing it from scratch because I really like the melodies I created in the song,so I added some more sounds on top of the original mix.I sent it first to Thom,he cleaned up a bit and with some clever EQing and stereo phasing he made it sound much better,so thank you Thom for that.
It's also gone through three titles,the first was "Kilimanjaro" then "Dreamer" and now "Serengeti" because of the ethnic flavors throughout.
I'm not quite done with,I'm still adding sounds here and there and learning how to mix/master.
First I hope you like this version and secondly,let me know which title you think I should keep
Cheers
Rui

* Serengeti.mp3 (5084.72 KB - downloaded 389 times.)
offthewall
Kara-Moon-Collective
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2010, 08:36:03 PM »

Shocked Shocked Shocked

This is SUCH powerful stuff ....

I'm afraid that I just sat back, closed my eyes, and found that I was trying to vocalise to this.

It is SO Peter Gabriel  Kiss  ... and is right in my current pitch.
If you can come up with some lyrics ... just a basic idea ... I could fill things out from there !
(I once had a great friend who would have sent me a song by return post  Cry)

If anyone has an idea for this I would love to give it a try.  Kiss

Wink
James

isle3music

« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2010, 12:28:13 AM »

Shocked Shocked Shocked
I'm afraid that I just sat back, closed my eyes, and found that I was trying to vocalise to this.
It is SO Peter Gabriel  Kiss  ... and is right in my current pitch.
If you can come up with some lyrics ... just a basic idea ... I could fill things out from there !
(I once had a great friend who would have sent me a song by return post  Cry)
If anyone has an idea for this I would love to give it a try.  Kiss
 ;)James
Peter Gabriel,cool,thanks man
I never thought of that,actually I never think of lyrics for my songs,I'm horrible with lyrics but if someone else thinks that the song is worth it,then by all means
Cheers
Rui
impablomations

« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2010, 02:30:16 PM »

It is SO Peter Gabriel  Kiss 

What he said Smiley

This is a fantastic track, mate!!!

I have the world's largest collection of seashells. I keep it on all the beaches of the world... perhaps you've seen it. - Steven Wright

Music is a moral law. It gives soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination, and charm and gaiety to life and to everything. - Plato
folderol
Kara-Moon Master

Who? Me?

« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2010, 05:28:13 PM »

Hmmm. 't Internet seems to have eaten my comment Cry

Anyway - I'll try again!

I very much enjoyed this. A sort of ethereal cultural mix. At first I thought it was rather short, but in fact it's over 3.5 minutes. I wonder if it could benefit from being expanded. Not more added to the end, but more time spent in each area. If you know what I mean.

If you have a poem, I have a tune, and we exchange these, we can both have a poem, a tune, and a song.
- Will
isle3music

« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2010, 11:23:17 PM »

Hmmm. 't Internet seems to have eaten my comment Cry
Anyway - I'll try again!
I very much enjoyed this. A sort of ethereal cultural mix. At first I thought it was rather short, but in fact it's over 3.5 minutes. I wonder if it could benefit from being expanded. Not more added to the end, but more time spent in each area. If you know what I mean.
Yes,I know what you mean,the only way to do that now is to redo the song from scratch.If I had all the stems for the tune,yes,no problem,but with just an mp3,I can't do it.
Reason being,this song was created from that rhythm loop that you hear starting at 0:29,I don't know how well you can hear it now since I put another rhythm on top,but when I heard that loop on the yamaha motif,I knew I had a song.I don't think I can duplicate that loop,and I can't isolate it,without it,the song won't sound the same.What I should do is see if I can rent one for a weekend and try to find the loop.Meanwhile I'll keep working on it,thanks for all the support guys
Cheers
Rui
elwoodblues1969
Kara-Moon Master

Studiophile,Audiophile & Synthophile.

« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2010, 08:54:20 PM »

Rui,

From what I've read and from what a Yamaha M06 owner has told me,the M06 is an exact copy of the Motif ES(but of course,without the sampling & extra inserts effects & polyphony).
You can find a new M06 for $1,000...so renting an M06 should be very reasonable....perhaps even buying a used one,might be practical.

Actually though,if you're serious about buying the Motif XF,it should have everything that your old ES had and if not,you could probably get a download that has what you need.

I think the M06 is a great little board actually and the price tag is right....as I am really dreading the expense of the Motif XF(still worthwhile,though)! Roll Eyes Grin

-Thom

elwoodblues1969
Kara-Moon Master

Studiophile,Audiophile & Synthophile.

« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2010, 08:58:24 PM »

By the way......GuitarCenter has received their stock of the Motif XF's!

isle3music

« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2010, 10:33:32 PM »

Rui,

From what I've read and from what a Yamaha M06 owner has told me,the M06 is an exact copy of the Motif ES(but of course,without the sampling & extra inserts effects & polyphony).
You can find a new M06 for $1,000...so renting an M06 should be very reasonable....perhaps even buying a used one,might be practical.

Actually though,if you're serious about buying the Motif XF,it should have everything that your old ES had and if not,you could probably get a download that has what you need.

I think the M06 is a great little board actually and the price tag is right....as I am really dreading the expense of the Motif XF(still worthwhile,though)! Roll Eyes Grin
-Thom
If that's the case I may just pick up a used m06 and use it also as a controller,thanks for the heads up,Thom
Rui
Oren
Kara-Moon Master

...just looking for clues...

« Reply #9 on: September 04, 2010, 04:54:41 AM »

A powerful display of composition and synthesis! This one would be snapped right up by Kate Bush or Enya... Cool

kara
Kara-Moon, a site built by and for musicians
Global Moderator
Kara-Moon Master

Music is my middle name

« Reply #10 on: September 04, 2010, 09:30:36 AM »

Peter Gabriel is a good reference for this song; especialy the 'Winds and Wuthering' album but , yes, Enya is allso a good reference....

You're playing with the big ones here kid

k

_____oOo______ http://www.myspace.com/kaazduo

www.kara-moon.com, a site built by and for musicians
Support us at : http://www.mymajorcompany.com/Artistes/kaaz/
isle3music

« Reply #11 on: September 04, 2010, 12:33:40 PM »

A powerful display of composition and synthesis! This one would be snapped right up by Kate Bush or Enya... Cool
Kate Bush,Gabriel,Enya...I like it,thanks Oren
The sounds in the motif were the inspiration for this song,the melodies just came to me from just that one drum loop.I didn't have any software whatsoever at that time,so had to do all the work.. Grin
(nowadays I often use software to enhance my music as you all know)
Anyways,even last night I worked on it,so I may have a newer version to upload soon.
Thanks Thom for the mix...
@Kara,thank you so much for the comparison to Gabriel and 'the big ones"  Grin Grin

Cheers
Ru
MarioD
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #12 on: September 04, 2010, 11:15:01 PM »

Peter Gabriel is a good reference for this song; especialy the 'Winds and Wuthering' album but , yes, Enya is allso a good reference....

k

It’s all been said

GREAT SONG

The older I get the better I was!
isle3music

« Reply #13 on: September 05, 2010, 01:20:34 AM »

k
It’s all been said
GREAT SONG
Thanks Mario
I think I'll still make a few changes though.....
Cheers
Rui
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: