Kara-Moon Forum
May 15, 2024, 02:03:16 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: You can go back to the main site here: Kara-Moon site

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: C.C.P&D(track #3)  (Read 5198 times)
elwoodblues1969
Kara-Moon Master

Studiophile,Audiophile & Synthophile.

« on: August 16, 2008, 04:48:40 PM »

I just finished track # 3...I found writing a bass line for this particular drum track a bit more challenging,so I gave it a rest yesterday and completed it today.

All of these these tunes have a very similar ring to them-making them all sound like the same song in a general way,so coming up with all of the needed variations
to make one distinctive from the other,makes it more difficult for me with each new song. Tongue
This is the most appropriate arrangement I could come up with,so I hope the band will like it & I hope you all like this as well. Smiley

* C.C.P&D(track#3)mp3.mp3 (2892.45 KB - downloaded 249 times.)

folderol
Kara-Moon Master

Who? Me?

« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2008, 05:50:15 PM »

There is a very clear development with these tracks as you seem to be getting better feel for the instruments you are bouncing against and the style of the music.

Good job done.

I don't know how many tracks you will be doing, but it may pay to eventually look again at the first ones.

If you have a poem, I have a tune, and we exchange these, we can both have a poem, a tune, and a song.
- Will
elwoodblues1969
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2008, 08:52:41 PM »

Thanks for the support Will. Smiley There are 7 tracks total.

Thom

offthewall
Kara-Moon-Collective
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2008, 09:03:19 PM »

Thom,
you are certainly working hard on this project. I can sense the development of your ear to the music with each progressive track.
Have a read of this article: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Highland_pipes
and the link from there to : http://www-personal.umich.edu/~emacpher/pipes/acoustics/pipescale.html
you may find them helpful in your approach.
In the context of traditional pipe music you may also try thinking on the *less is more* approach. In a traditional ensemble playing this type of music the instrumentation is motivated by the limitations of the pipes in both musical scale and pitch. The pipes are limited to playing in (mainly) the one key and the melodies are always played against the static drones. To balance this the bass needs to be quite simple and a more suitable accompaniment would be a strummed guitar.
If it is possible you might try working out your accompaniment to the melody line without the drones and the drums, then trying this setting with everything back in.
Keep it up, Jock  Grin
 Wink
James

elwoodblues1969
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2008, 09:16:32 PM »

James,

I appreciate the info,but those articles seemed to aimed toward people who read music and I don't understand b sharps,what "key" something is in and such.

I'm sort of a white Stevie Wonder,as I "feel" my way around and soley rely on my ears.
The bass track in the first song I did off of the cd was simple,but no one here thought it was appropriate to the genre,so I'm in a catch 22 here...also,since I don't play guitar,strumming on a keyboard won't really be quite up to par,but it's do-able.

Thanks,

Thom

offthewall
Kara-Moon-Collective
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2008, 09:48:12 PM »

Thom,
as a *demo* I just plugged the guitar in and recorded a quick take (mistakes and all) as if I met these guys in a pub session. This is the simplistic style that comes naturally without rehearsal.
My interpretation. Roll Eyes
But just for reference.....OK  Lips Sealed
 Wink
James

* tr3a.mp3 (1465.2 KB - downloaded 257 times.)

elwoodblues1969
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2008, 09:54:49 PM »

James,

This is impressive for a rehearsal Cool...much better than my chicken scratch. Tongue

Thom

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: