Kara-Moon Forum
May 03, 2024, 10:59:28 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: You can go back to the main site here: Kara-Moon site

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: one5sticks  (Read 12875 times)
rockstar_not

« Reply #15 on: January 21, 2008, 01:55:51 AM »

Scott is a pretty good writer, enjoys his B3 emulators!  I'm always perplexed why he hangs out at PT forum when he doesn't use the software, but I enjoy his posts usually. He gives a golden nugget tip every now and then.  (Of course I'm a little partial to a fellow Michigander..)

.... Lacks enough structure to keep my interest; needs more development. Other than that it was great.
Thanks for sharing it

Well, PG and the forums were where I first learned the basics of home recording.  I consider some of the posters there to be like my first teachers and recording friends (Bob, you are one of them).  Just because my recording software preferences have changed (for the most part), doesn't mean I didn't learn and continue to learn from folks there.

I hang out there also in hopes that PG's staff can hear the voice of one who has left the PG fold and for what reasons.

I still really miss notation editing inside of my DAW software.  But my mind has morphed into a different mode of operation with my other DAW software and I really don't think I can go back because it's so completely 2nd nature now.

Thanks for the comments on the song - as you've pointed out, it's not really a song.  2 minute songs are very difficult for me.  This month's KVR song contest is where I laid this one out first.  The 2 minute restriction is always in place and this one's other restriction was that it had to be at 156 BPM, not a BPM faster or slower.

I was just going to do some kind of organ groove, but I made the mistake of pulling out my strat and firing up Amplitube.

I ended up quadruple tracking the parts, each with a slightly different amp simulation and pan position.  But the problem is that there was too much guitar and it swamped the multi-band dynamics processor I used.

The drums are half programmed by me and half (well the really cool half) is Jamstix jamming along to the programmed drums and recorded guitar parts.

-Scott

kara
Kara-Moon, a site built by and for musicians
Global Moderator
Kara-Moon Master

Music is my middle name

« Reply #16 on: January 21, 2008, 08:03:26 AM »

Scott,

How are you doing on FAWN ?

k

_____oOo______ http://www.myspace.com/kaazduo

www.kara-moon.com, a site built by and for musicians
Support us at : http://www.mymajorcompany.com/Artistes/kaaz/
rockstar_not

« Reply #17 on: January 21, 2008, 08:47:00 PM »

Scott,

How are you doing on FAWNM ?

k

Kara,

FAWM hasn't started yet.  I'm collecting song ideas at present.  To comply with the spirit and intent of FAWM (February is Album Writing Month), I haven't written any songs that I will include as part of my FAWMpilation.  I'll begin February 1.

Some preparation I have done in advance:  I learned how to use the voice recorder built into my cell phone and I've recorded some titles of songs there.

I've also recorded a series of knee-slap rhythms that I intend to incorporate somehow into my songs.

I've finally asked my 4 year old daughter what I should write about.  Mostly food related things!

-Scott
kara
Kara-Moon, a site built by and for musicians
Global Moderator
Kara-Moon Master

Music is my middle name

« Reply #18 on: January 21, 2008, 09:01:53 PM »

Still it is quite a challenge.
I would need a month of hollidays to participate.

k

Scott,

How are you doing on FAWNM ?

k

Kara,

FAWM hasn't started yet.  I'm collecting song ideas at present.  To comply with the spirit and intent of FAWM (February is Album Writing Month), I haven't written any songs that I will include as part of my FAWMpilation.  I'll begin February 1.

Some preparation I have done in advance:  I learned how to use the voice recorder built into my cell phone and I've recorded some titles of songs there.

I've also recorded a series of knee-slap rhythms that I intend to incorporate somehow into my songs.

I've finally asked my 4 year old daughter what I should write about.  Mostly food related things!

-Scott

_____oOo______ http://www.myspace.com/kaazduo

www.kara-moon.com, a site built by and for musicians
Support us at : http://www.mymajorcompany.com/Artistes/kaaz/
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: