Kara-Moon Forum
May 05, 2024, 05:27:24 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: You can go back to the main site here: Kara-Moon site

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Practical Guitar Hints  (Read 4010 times)
folderol
Kara-Moon Master

Who? Me?

« on: October 02, 2013, 06:03:23 PM »

Just found this browsing around the 'net.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i_7feGF9TA8

If you have a poem, I have a tune, and we exchange these, we can both have a poem, a tune, and a song.
- Will
Oren
Kara-Moon Master

...just looking for clues...

« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2013, 06:00:42 PM »

Premium stuff, from a premium player! Kiss

In this day and age, if you have a computer and the web, there is absolutely no reason to ever need a guitar teacher, even for the most advanced instruction.
It's all up there, demonstrated by the very best artists in the business. wOO

MarioD
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2013, 01:06:46 PM »

Will, good find!  He makes it seem so easy doesn’t he!

Oren, I will disagree with you about not needing a guitar teacher, at least at the beginning stages of playing.  I have seen a number of students come in who started by watching on the web and they had some very bad habits.  Of course that probably was not the fault of the vids but do to their practice routines. So I suggest that all starting guitarist, especially young ones, get a good teacher for a while then after you get the proper playing techniques then go to the web for further instruction.

The older I get the better I was!
Oren
Kara-Moon Master

...just looking for clues...

« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2013, 07:51:45 PM »

Oren, I will disagree with you about not needing a guitar teacher, at least at the beginning stages of playing.  I have seen a number of students come in who started by watching on the web and they had some very bad habits.  Of course that probably was not the fault of the vids but do to their practice routines. So I suggest that all starting guitarist, especially young ones, get a good teacher for a while then after you get the proper playing techniques then go to the web for further instruction.

Oh, jeez, Mario, I forgot... you teach  Embarrassed

...and if you ever saw me play, you'ld have living confirmation of your point of view...
Looks to the casual observer like I'm desperately trying to strangle a snake. Ugly.  Grin

folderol
Kara-Moon Master

Who? Me?

« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2013, 06:39:22 PM »

Oh, jeez, Mario, I forgot... you teach  Embarrassed

...and if you ever saw me play, you'ld have living confirmation of your point of view...
Looks to the casual observer like I'm desperately trying to strangle a snake. Ugly.  Grin
Sounds like my playing style Sad
I keep forgetting that I have more than two fingers on each hand  Roll Eyes

If you have a poem, I have a tune, and we exchange these, we can both have a poem, a tune, and a song.
- Will
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: