Kara-Moon Forum
May 03, 2024, 07:06:05 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: You can go back to the main site here: Kara-Moon site

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: M-Audio Axiom Pro-Series?  (Read 18288 times)
folderol
Kara-Moon Master

Who? Me?

« Reply #15 on: January 28, 2009, 09:44:50 PM »

Ah, that's better. I made the same mistake.

Nice to know I'm in good company Grin

If you have a poem, I have a tune, and we exchange these, we can both have a poem, a tune, and a song.
- Will
elwoodblues1969
Kara-Moon Master

Studiophile,Audiophile & Synthophile.

« Reply #16 on: January 28, 2009, 10:52:24 PM »

It appears that nearly everyone has over-looked the fact that I gathered all of the information I could find on the Axiom Pro-consisting of several links in my first post,because this discussion is going on as if there was not any info to go on here. Roll Eyes
If any of you have any other questions about the Axiom Pro...it would be more convenient to use my first post as a reference....although I have zero experience with computer DAWS,I do however,conduct my research thoroughly. Grin
The reason that the Axiom Pro is always show-cased with Pro Tools in the videos,is that M-Audio is the manufacturer of Pro Tools. Cool
As for the the compatibility issue with DAWS other than what M-Audio is currently compatible with,this may change,because Reason 4 was not compatible with the old Axiom series until Propellerhead released their 4.01 version...so perhaps,other software companies might accomodate the new Axiom Pro in the future.
I suspect however,that Cakewalk will not be one of these companies to work with M-Audio,since Cakewalk is a Roland product,as well as Edirol is also a Roland company & Edirol makes midi controllers.

As I see things,I don't think M-Audio not being compatible with EVERYTHING out there,is no tragedy,because there are plenty of midi controllers out there to choose from,which is one of the exceptional perks of being involved in the soft-synth world,which I plan to partake in soon. Cheesy

-Thom

« Last Edit: January 28, 2009, 11:00:39 PM by elwoodblues1969 » Logged

Marc JX8P
Kara-Moon-Collective
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #17 on: January 29, 2009, 09:56:55 AM »

I'm sorry Thom, just bear in mind that in this age it's easy to not get all the details from posts, especially if there are links in them, if you just want to make a small contribution and you have the video from NAMM still very present in your head (which, in retrospect, should have been done a bit more broader than just Protools by them...). M-Audio is - as far as I know - a part of Digidesign though, both owned by Avid.

Wikipedia: "2004 - Avid acquires M-Audio, which now operates as a business unit of Digidesign, but maintains the M-Audio brand name and remains largely distinct from Digidesign."

The Axiom range is great though, I have the 25 and the 61 and they're really top quality.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2009, 10:15:16 AM by Marc JX8P » Logged

Also known as Marc JXP
elwoodblues1969
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #18 on: January 29, 2009, 12:09:49 PM »

It's really no problem Marc,but I was very curious as to why an obvious aspect such as DAW integration was over-looked,as it's usually one of the first features people notice about a midi controller,that's all.

As for myself,I have a tendency to read through posts in a forum more closely,with regard to products I have much interest in.
Thanks for the clarification on the Pro Tools manufacturer....in my mind I mistakenly thought of M-Audio as the manufacturer,as in my mind,it was all spawned from Avid.
I just figured that since there is a connection between the controller & the software,that is why Axiom Pro is advertised exclusively with Pro Tools,but yeah,I agree,they should have mentioned other DAWS besides Pro Tools in their videos.
I apologize if I gave any one the impression that I was upset,because I am in fact,not.

I remember you giving me your endorsement on the old Axiom series & I was all set to buy one,but I became fascinated by the new line of Axiom & I think that the new Axiom will probably be more beneficial to a new-comer like myself. Cool

-Thom
« Last Edit: January 29, 2009, 08:12:58 PM by elwoodblues1969 » Logged

folderol
Kara-Moon Master

Who? Me?

« Reply #19 on: January 29, 2009, 08:04:13 PM »

I was quite puzzled about having missed that part of your review, so went back to re-read it. I don't know why it didn't sink in first time. It seems quite clear enought now Shocked

Maybe I was having a 'senior' moment   Roll Eyes

If you have a poem, I have a tune, and we exchange these, we can both have a poem, a tune, and a song.
- Will
Fred S
Moderators Views

« Reply #20 on: January 29, 2009, 09:12:33 PM »

I'm using an Axiom 61 key for one of my controllers and it seems to work fine with Cakewalk (P5 and Sonar). However, that said, I don't use controllers for full integration (not even interested in what that is!)...except for assigning the knobs and such. I mostly use the Axiom for NI B4 II; the sliders (9) match up perfectly and the board has action somewhat similar to the real thing. So, for my use, the Axiom works quite well.

For my piano controller I use a Yamaha S90ES and I've grown to love the action for piano emulation (hands down the best IMO). I actually use two pianos live (the S90 and a Bosendorfer softsynth) for the best live piano emulation I've heard anywhere. I think your really going to like those two-generator options once you get your DAW set up.

elwoodblues1969
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #21 on: January 31, 2009, 12:36:02 AM »

IMPORTANT UPDATE:

The latest video on the net that features more WNAMM coverage is from GearWire oniline magazine.
In their video,they list the street prices of the Axiom Pro series starting at $299,$399 & $499...which is considerably less than any previous prices that have been announced! Shocked

http://www.gearwire.com/maudio-axiompro49-wnamm09.html

-Thom

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: