Kara-Moon Forum
May 08, 2024, 12:38:10 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: You can go back to the main site here: Kara-Moon site

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: 1950 Slow Something  (Read 9231 times)
MarioD
Kara-Moon Master

« on: November 24, 2012, 08:29:08 PM »

A little while ago I did “1950 Something”, a fast song in the 50’s style.  A good friend of mine said, “OK, now do a slow 50’s style song.  I tried to capture that style here.

I am playing the lead guitar and bass parts.  I also used my keyboard to play the pedal steel part and my wind controller for the sax part.

I hope you like it for what it is.

* 1950 Slow Something.mp3 (5160.05 KB - downloaded 563 times.)

The older I get the better I was!
folderol
Kara-Moon Master

Who? Me?

« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2012, 09:24:29 PM »

Ah yes! Last smoochy dance before the village hall closes and we all have to catch the last train or bus home.

Once again, you hit it right on the button Afro

If you have a poem, I have a tune, and we exchange these, we can both have a poem, a tune, and a song.
- Will
bvdp
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2012, 09:57:50 PM »

Very nice. What windcontroller/patch are you using for the sax. It's actually one of the better non-sax sax sounds I've heard.

Thanks for sharing this.

My online life: http://www.mellowood.ca
MarioD
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2012, 02:48:25 PM »

Thanx Will and bvdp for listening and commenting.

Will-good point about the last smoochy dance!  I wasn’t thinking about that but it does fit.

Bvdp-that is the tenor sax with a little alto flute that came with the EWI-USB wind controller. I add a little alto flute to help get that breath sound. I then run it through ToonTracks EZ mix “electric guitar 15 ips slap delay” preset. I hope this helps.

Oren
Kara-Moon Master

...just looking for clues...

« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2012, 06:13:59 PM »

"Smoochy dance" action, indeed!  Cheesy
                      ________________________________________________________________

"...tenor sax with a little alto flute that came with the EWI-USB wind controller. I add a little alto flute to help get that breath sound. I then run it through ToonTracks EZ..."
Could ya get a little more specific, there, longhair? wOO

MarioD
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2012, 07:21:03 PM »

Oren,  I’m using the tenor sax and alto flute sound from the EWI-USB Aria; that is the sound source that is included with the wind controller.  I set the maximum volume of the tenor to –4 db and the flute to –8 db via CC7.  I use the wind controllers CC2 to play the instruments. Note that both instruments are set to channel one.  So when I play soft you heard both instruments but when I get louder you hear more of the sax and less of the flute.

I then bounce to a wav.  In the bounced wav fx box I have ToonTracks EZ mix set to the “electric guitar 15 ips slap delay” preset.

I hope this answers your question.  If not let me know.

Are you thinking about getting a wind controller?

Oren
Kara-Moon Master

...just looking for clues...

« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2012, 08:40:56 AM »

Very helpful, Mario, but I was attempting to jive you about the meticulous description of your soundsource and subsequent treatment.
Nicely done - and no, I'll stick to zee geetar, thankyou very much... Grin

MarioD
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2012, 02:33:38 PM »

Very helpful, Mario, but I was attempting to jive you about the meticulous description of your soundsource and subsequent treatment.
Nicely done - and no, I'll stick to zee geetar, thankyou very much... Grin

OOPS Embarrassed Embarrassed Embarrassed

Well you know that I am a very serious person  Wink Shocked Huh Huh Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Tongue Evil Evil Grin

elwoodblues1969
Kara-Moon Master

Studiophile,Audiophile & Synthophile.

« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2012, 01:47:21 AM »

I'm pretty nit-picky about 50's music and even more so,going back further in time...but as Alan Rubin aka "Mr.Fabulous" had said;"when the music is good,any music is good" and this tune qualifies. Cool

Not too hot on 30's music,but I love Moonlight Serenade by the Glenn Miller Band and in a small way,I thought about that tune when I heard this.

MarioD
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2012, 02:12:16 AM »

Thom, thank you very much for the outstanding review!  Much appreciated!

PS- I agree Moonlight Serenade is a fantastic song and Glenn Miller did the best version of it!

folderol
Kara-Moon Master

Who? Me?

« Reply #10 on: November 30, 2012, 06:08:16 PM »

PS- I agree Moonlight Serenade is a fantastic song and Glenn Miller did the best version of it!
No argument here!

If you have a poem, I have a tune, and we exchange these, we can both have a poem, a tune, and a song.
- Will
Azell

« Reply #11 on: December 01, 2012, 08:10:08 AM »

Ah yes! Last smoochy dance before the village hall closes and we all have to catch the last train or bus home.

toute mon adolescence  Cheesy Cheesy superbe  Kiss
Azell

Kara pour toujours
stephenwyoung

« Reply #12 on: December 31, 2012, 12:06:55 AM »

Mario,

All been said!  Great job.  You are getting better and better with the wind controller.

Steve
MarioD
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #13 on: December 31, 2012, 02:36:37 PM »

Thanx Azell and Steve for the kind comments!

Steve, I’m still a wind controller rank amateur.  Thank God for midi editing  Wink

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: