Kara-Moon Forum
May 08, 2024, 12:41:54 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: You can go back to the main site here: Kara-Moon site

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Anyone here in Second Life?  (Read 15766 times)
Marc JX8P
Kara-Moon Master

« on: October 30, 2008, 01:22:03 PM »

I have recently joined under the name of MJX8P Netizen (well, I didn't have any real choice in surnames). I thought I'd explore this a bit since there seems to be some interesting opportunities creatively.

Also known as Marc JXP
kara
Kara-Moon, a site built by and for musicians
Global Moderator
Kara-Moon Master

Music is my middle name

« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2008, 02:16:56 PM »

I didn't know second live, so i had a look
If i understand it right, it seems to be some kind of a parallel virtual world, right ?

Now, when I see how busy I am with 1 real wife, 2 real daughter and a son and 3 real grand children beside the fact of my day job and music  making, I wouldn't know where to get the time to spend in a virtual world  Grin

_____oOo______ http://www.myspace.com/kaazduo

www.kara-moon.com, a site built by and for musicians
Support us at : http://www.mymajorcompany.com/Artistes/kaaz/
Marc JX8P
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2008, 02:20:10 PM »

LOL, good for you, Rony! Cheesy For myself - having none of these - I decided to go for the virtual version of getting a life. Grin

(It does have the advantage of being able to be switched off when you need a rest).

Also known as Marc JXP
kara
Global Moderator
Kara-Moon Master

Music is my middle name

« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2008, 02:36:31 PM »

...the advantage of being able to be switched off when you need a rest  Grin

That's a serious advantage  Shocked Cheesy

k

Oren
Kara-Moon Master

...just looking for clues...

« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2008, 03:17:46 PM »

Someone has posted here about using MMA within Second Life and its music community....

http://www.kara-moon.com/forum/index.php?topic=1114.msg8836#msg8836
« Last Edit: October 30, 2008, 03:20:35 PM by Oren » Logged

kara
Global Moderator
Kara-Moon Master

Music is my middle name

« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2008, 04:41:28 PM »

Boy, you have an incredible memory Oren  Shocked

k

Oren
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2008, 05:36:18 PM »

Boy, you have an incredible memory Oren  Shocked

If only my mother could have heard that... Cheesy Roll Eyes

Marc JX8P
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2008, 10:27:08 AM »

A small update... I've been wandering around sl for a week and a half now and while initially kind of confusing because of its open-ended nature, I now have to say that it's becoming an addiction. I've become a member of some fan groups around my favourite sf show (Babylon 5) and writer (Terry Pratchett) but also a Jarre fan club and a Pink Floyd fan club. What is very cool is that several of these (B5, Pratchett and Pink Floyd) have built areas in Second Life: the B5 group have actually built an environment that resembles the giant spacestation from the title and you can actually walk around in it and find all the familiar areas from the show. The TP group have built a copy of Ankh Morpork (a city from TP's books) and the PF group have built a complete Pink Floyd stage, with laser show and music streaming!

I've also seen some dj's perform live, streaming their tracks into the sl world and in the weekend I attended a live performance by a musician who played live and streamed the output into the world, while an avatar looking like him played on the stage.

For musicians that are more studio based it seems that this is a great opportunity to not only promote but also perform so... I'm definitely going to try and explore this as it should be a great way to reach new people for 87PM's music!

Also known as Marc JXP
Oren
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #8 on: November 10, 2008, 03:33:46 PM »

...I attended a live performance by a musician who played live and streamed the output into the world, while an avatar looking like him played on the stage.
For musicians that are more studio based it seems that this is a great opportunity to not only promote but also perform so... I'm definitely going to try and explore this as it should be a great way to reach new people for 87PM's music!...

Now, that is an interesting possibility... Shocked

folderol
Kara-Moon Master

Who? Me?

« Reply #9 on: November 10, 2008, 07:43:06 PM »

...I attended a live performance by a musician who played live and streamed the output into the world, while an avatar looking like him played on the stage.
For musicians that are more studio based it seems that this is a great opportunity to not only promote but also perform so... I'm definitely going to try and explore this as it should be a great way to reach new people for 87PM's music!...

Now, that is an interesting possibility... Shocked
Sounds interesting but waaay to complicated (and addictive) for me Sad

If you have a poem, I have a tune, and we exchange these, we can both have a poem, a tune, and a song.
- Will
Alienz

« Reply #10 on: November 10, 2008, 08:31:46 PM »

i ve been thinking about trying second life for some time but im still  not sure what you need to join, is it possible to do a trial for free or do you have to pay right away?  Huh
Marc JX8P
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #11 on: November 10, 2008, 10:54:27 PM »

Yeah, you can do a trial for free - in fact, you can remain there for free (it's called a Basic Account)! I still have this. The only thing you need at first is an email address. And some patience to learn how the world works and what the cool places are. They also have premium accounts which do cost a bit and as far as I can see these only become interesting when you're thinking of buying land in Second Life to build something on like a store or a stage or whatever you want.

Also known as Marc JXP
Alienz

« Reply #12 on: November 10, 2008, 11:19:47 PM »

Ok thanx for the info Marc, maybe I'll give it a try soon  Wink

BTW are you the same Marc who pops up in the Sonicstate podcasts now and then?  Smiley
Marc JX8P
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #13 on: November 11, 2008, 09:03:01 AM »

BTW are you the same Marc who pops up in the Sonicstate podcasts now and then?  Smiley

Yeah, they mentioned my name a few times (and played that Jarre parody that I did, search this forum to find it!) and I usually reply in the comments as well as visit the chatroom these days. I'm not in the podcast itself, though (though there's another Mark there - Mark Tinley Smiley ). I love the Sonic State podcast.

Also known as Marc JXP
Alienz

« Reply #14 on: November 11, 2008, 01:03:34 PM »

Yeah, they mentioned my name a few times (and played that Jarre parody that I did, search this forum to find it!) and I usually reply in the comments as well as visit the chatroom these days. I'm not in the podcast itself, though (though there's another Mark there - Mark Tinley Smiley ). I love the Sonic State podcast.

Yes I remember now, the Jarre parody, very good! I listen every week, started listening Sonicstate some months ago, also listened to all the archived podcasts, lol over 100! Smiley Sometimes I feel the older podcasts were a bit better though , much more info, nowadays its a bit too much smalltalk for me in there although it has been getting better again lately. People like Tinley and the others have so much experience with recording, equipment etc, I sometimes feel like they have so much more to tell than they actually do in the podcast.
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: