Kara-Moon Forum
May 15, 2024, 03:25:35 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: You can go back to the main site here: Kara-Moon site

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
  Print  
Author Topic: New system  (Read 41215 times)
Wyatt
Kara-Moon-Collective
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #45 on: January 31, 2008, 01:20:18 AM »

As you can see, there are lots of different ways...but there's always a way!

Heya,

This is a great sound-bite..and excellent advice for all manner of probs.  Grin

Wyatt

Martin E
Kara-Moon-Collective

« Reply #46 on: January 31, 2008, 08:26:51 AM »

Mmm have to dig up the old cubase manual for this  Grin
Fred S
Moderators Views

« Reply #47 on: February 01, 2008, 05:38:13 AM »

Whew, good luck with all that, Wyatt!

Wyatt
Kara-Moon-Collective
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #48 on: February 01, 2008, 06:08:10 AM »

Whew, good luck with all that, Wyatt!

Thanks Fred..and thanks everybody for all your helpful feedback.

I woke up from my nap this afternoon to see the first snow of the entire winter, and my  power was out.

Then I drove to town and picked up the new box.

It's going to be interesting to get this thing fired up. I have to shuffle tons of files around, but I should be rockin' again in a couple days or so.

Wyatt

Wyatt
Kara-Moon-Collective
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #49 on: February 03, 2008, 02:17:15 AM »

UPDATE:

Two of the three machines are online. The old graphics machine is now the dedicated inter-webby station. The old DAW is now the new graphics machine, and doing a beautiful job, too. I got all my audio files copied to the secondary drive of the new DAW. Only took 15 hours all told, to this point.

So tomorrow I will be re-installing all my audio software on the new DAW, and we'll take this puppy out for a spin around the block.  Grin

Wyatt

Laguna Rising
Kara-Moon-Collective
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #50 on: February 03, 2008, 03:03:29 PM »

we'll take this puppy out for a spin around the block.  Grin

lol  Grin
kara
Kara-Moon, a site built by and for musicians
Global Moderator
Kara-Moon Master

Music is my middle name

« Reply #51 on: February 03, 2008, 03:36:23 PM »

Cool Wyatt
Good to see you are operational again  wOO

k

_____oOo______ http://www.myspace.com/kaazduo

www.kara-moon.com, a site built by and for musicians
Support us at : http://www.mymajorcompany.com/Artistes/kaaz/
Wyatt
Kara-Moon-Collective
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #52 on: February 04, 2008, 12:06:17 AM »

Hello again,

Spent the day today eliminating some nagging problems..for one,  my new system was not recognizing my  Xternal Hard Drive..which is weird, because I transferred a couple of hundred gigs from it to this system the previous day.

After much searching, I hope I have instituted the proper correction..at least for now it is working and I backed up everything.

Also I have installed Audition and its upgrade. It works really well except for one thing..when I select asio drivers, it is slow to start when I hit play, (like one second)..I had always used wdm drivers in Audition 1.5 though, so until I can figure that out, I guess there is no real emergency..it is fine with them, and I have only ever recorded on 2 inputs anyway.

Oh yeah..before I forget..just for fun, I began a re-mix of Blue Steel today and it was sounding so good to be able to hear that quality of sound even for a few minutes!  This project was taking so long I had almost forgotten why I was pounding my head against the wall!  Grin

Kara:  ..lately I am reminded of your question about what percentage of your time is spent in the computer as compared to music..this past month my score has been  99.9% computer,  .1% music.. arggh!

Wyatt

Note: I wanted to roll back my Windoze Media Player to version 10, because v11 wants to take you on a ride to buy stuff off the internet, manage your permissions, and other things that basically suck. If you follow the M$ instructions, it will not roll back to 10 but rather v9, because they tell you not to remove the v11 runtime library.

If you want to do that, remove v11 AND ALSO REMOVE the v11 runtime. Then it works just fine. M$ wants to take over everything..I hope they don't get Yahoo, the greedy buggerz.

EDIT TO ADD:

Looks like Asio won't be a problem after all..I can use asio drivers in multi-track recording no problem, if there is a need..it is in edit mode that I need to toggle play/stop with the space bar hundreds of times an hour..and wdm drivers are no problem there.

« Last Edit: February 04, 2008, 12:36:04 AM by Wyatt » Logged

rharv
Use in Moderation
Kara-Moon-Collective
Kara-Moon Master

Glad to be here

« Reply #53 on: February 05, 2008, 02:09:31 PM »

Yeah, I've managed to retain WMP10, as have most music working people I know.
And I agree- MS is trying to take over your computer. DRM gone wild.

Make your sound your own!

http://www.motagator.net/bands/556/
offthewall
Kara-Moon-Collective
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #54 on: February 05, 2008, 10:48:32 PM »

Cool
Talking about WMP10......etc....
I was looking round the web the other day for an app to convert wav files to flac, etc....and came across this little fella.... http://www.mediamonkey.com/
I just been messing with it for a day, but it seems like a really good player/swiss army knife utility.
Has anyone here used it?
 Wink
James

Oren
Moderators Views
Kara-Moon Master

...just looking for clues...

« Reply #55 on: February 06, 2008, 12:08:47 AM »

Yes, James, I've used it, but it tends to sort of try and take over your whole music thing, and makes it difficult to tell Ogg Vorbis from MP3 from FLAC....they all become mediamonkey files  Roll Eyes

I had to eventually remove it. If you're using a Windows O/S, Windows Media Player 10, carefully configured, does a good job. (remember to download the OGG codecs  Grin).

Now get back to your pipes....

Oren.

Wyatt
Kara-Moon-Collective
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #56 on: March 04, 2008, 01:37:48 AM »

UPDATE:

DAW is doing soo fine..really solid, fast, and dependable. It was worth the trouble and the tweaking..
..this thing corners like it was on Pirelli P7s.

Meantime I am so thrashed..catching up in the studio..didn't realize how far behind I had gotten.

So anyway..I had decided I would put a new finger-style song in the February contest and surprise y'all..
..turns out, the morning I had hoped to post it, I was a day late.  Surprise was on me!   Sad

Oh well, just as well..I am not very good at recording acoustic guitar anyway.. so now I have that to figure out.

Meantime, I am following the old maxim: when tired rest..ZZZZZzzzzzzz!

Wyatt

kara
Kara-Moon, a site built by and for musicians
Global Moderator
Kara-Moon Master

Music is my middle name

« Reply #57 on: March 04, 2008, 08:04:43 AM »

Good to hear you're satisfied with your system  Cool
Sorry you missed the contest, why didn't you send me a pm, i would have reopened the submission thread....

k

_____oOo______ http://www.myspace.com/kaazduo

www.kara-moon.com, a site built by and for musicians
Support us at : http://www.mymajorcompany.com/Artistes/kaaz/
Wyatt
Kara-Moon-Collective
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #58 on: March 04, 2008, 09:51:34 AM »

Good to hear you're satisfied with your system  Cool
Sorry you missed the contest, why didn't you send me a pm, i would have reopened the submission thread....

k

I would have if I had been happier with my recording. The song I am happy with.  My singing is rusty.  Wink

Now it has turned from one minute to an entire song. I will post some version soon.

Wyatt

Oren
Moderators Views
Kara-Moon Master

...just looking for clues...

« Reply #59 on: March 04, 2008, 06:15:47 PM »

Congrats on the new computer, Wyatt Afro

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
  Print  

Jump to: