Kara-Moon Forum
May 16, 2024, 01:51:07 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: You can go back to the main site here: Kara-Moon site

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  
Author Topic: Last Goodbye  (Read 21131 times)
Martin E
Kara-Moon-Collective

« on: June 12, 2007, 12:23:43 PM »

This is my summer holiday song  Grin Should hit the charts. Well when hyped enough. Roll Eyes

A Roger McQuinn/Byrds type of song. I wrote the basics of the song in about 15 minutes I think. Lyrics and recording took a bit longer though  Grin Grin

Lots of sunshine and a cool beer within reach are well recommended while listening.

http://www.martin-e-music.nl/mp3/lastgoodbye.mp3

zeoy

« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2007, 01:34:50 PM »

Although the Byrds references are quite obvious it sounds very fresh. Very sweet little song and singing, harmonies and overall production is flawless as always.
Thanx for sharing Martin Wink
kara
Kara-Moon, a site built by and for musicians
Global Moderator
Kara-Moon Master

Music is my middle name

« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2007, 06:28:06 PM »

ok, I want that beer  Grin

As usual nice idea, good recording , very good production  Cool
I don't know if it will hit the charts, perhaps if we had some kind of 50-60's revival   Cheesy

And do me a favour and get that bass a bit clearer in the mix  Tongue Grin

k

_____oOo______ http://www.myspace.com/kaazduo

www.kara-moon.com, a site built by and for musicians
Support us at : http://www.mymajorcompany.com/Artistes/kaaz/
Laguna Rising
Kara-Moon-Collective
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2007, 06:35:49 PM »

Hi Martin
I have my beer but no sunshine, it's still raining and it seems it won't stop

That's a very nice track, and I like the singing and playing in it.
Your mix is very clean indeed, and there are no muddy tracks or notes (as I have in mine :envy:)
You have a natural talent for catchy vocal lines, well done

Cheers
Martin E
Kara-Moon-Collective

« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2007, 08:00:44 PM »

Thanks for listening Zeoy, Kara and Laguna

It's an uncomplicated song and not pretentious as such.

@Kara Although getting the bass right in the mix is, I agree, one of my problem area's. I don't think it's really that bad in this one. But I'll have a critical listening again.

@ Laguna  Still having rain Huh We've been having sunshine and 30 degrees Celcius since last week.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2007, 06:21:55 AM by Martin E » Logged
Max el Belga
Kara-Moon-Collective

« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2007, 10:54:55 AM »

This is definitely and without any doubt a potencial HIT ! It even passed the most severe test I know and in a way that I´ve never seen before.
To try out a mix and to listen to it more "objective", with some distance, I open my monitoring room, put the mediaplayer on repeat and go doing something somewhere else in the house, while listening.

If the wife´s at home she often asks me to shut off that blimy... before the song reaches the end... Huh
Your song kept on playing and playing...  If I shouldn´t have stopped it myself it would still be playing !
Now I just have to find a way to get it out of my head ! Cheesy

As you mensioned too, it´s not enough to write a hit to make it a hit though...

Wonderful song ! Wink

Max... .. . Cheesy

PS : If I were Kara and would like to become filty rich, I´d put your song with a smashing promotion campagne on the market !
Martin E
Kara-Moon-Collective

« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2007, 11:32:30 AM »

This is definitely and without any doubt a potencial HIT ! It even passed the most severe test I know and in a way that I´ve never seen before.
To try out a mix and to listen to it more "objective", with some distance, I open my monitoring room, put the mediaplayer on repeat and go doing something somewhere else in the house, while listening.

If the wife´s at home she often asks me to shut off that blimy... before the song reaches the end... Huh
Your song kept on playing and playing...  If I shouldn´t have stopped it myself it would still be playing !
Now I just have to find a way to get it out of my head ! Cheesy

As you mensioned too, it´s not enough to write a hit to make it a hit though...

Wonderful song ! Wink

Max... .. . Cheesy

PS : If I were Kara and would like to become filty rich, I´d put your song with a smashing promotion campagne on the market !

Thanks, Max. I know all about these severe tests and about wives of musician. They are a special breed. I happen to have one myself.

This is how it goes:
She: "Oh well that's not a bad song Martin but I think you should get someone else to sing it because you really can't sing" "You used to sing much better" He: You will find when listening to my old recordings that I was singing off key half of the time" She: "I don't care what you say I liked your voice much better then" He: Well thanks for the support, Yvonne". She: "Your welcome".  He: Angry

The funny thing was when I had finished the song I couldn't stop listening to it as well. Everytime it ended I would hit the play button again. Seemed to work that way for your wife too.
Fred S
Moderators Views

« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2007, 07:10:27 PM »

Its a beautiful tune, Martin! Perfect in the vibe you were going for and sounds good to me in every respect. An A+ for the vocal melody Wink

Listened to it a few times...enjoyed it a lot  Cool

FourthMansions
Kara-Moon-Collective

« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2007, 07:56:54 PM »

This is very nice, Martin. Lovely tune and great singing and playing (especially the guitars.) It's highly infectious from the very first bar. This one's a keeper. Thanks for sharing.
jura
« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2007, 09:04:41 PM »

You have pretty firm and peaceful voice.

Thanks for sharing such music for free even it has commercial potential.

es
Martin E
Kara-Moon-Collective

« Reply #10 on: June 14, 2007, 08:01:06 AM »

Hi Guys.

Thanks for the comments and the listen. Much appreciated.
Wyatt
Kara-Moon-Collective
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #11 on: June 14, 2007, 09:05:26 AM »

Martin,

You really have a smooth touch with this. You really have a talent for the instrumental/vocal blend. Very high on the re-listen-ability scale. I think I am getting what you are going for, finally..so I will stop trying to drag you to the front of the sound-stage and turn up your vocals. Smiley

Lovely performance; lovely production work..and you have a great voice, IMO..thanks for sharing that.

Wyatt

PS..I try to make sure I don't play anything for my wife until it's really-really finished..that may help..then again it may not..>shrug<

Max el Belga
Kara-Moon-Collective

« Reply #12 on: June 15, 2007, 06:32:59 PM »

Martin, this morning I did a test.  I showed some IMO amazing songs to someone with a very good nose for very good music.  Your song was amongst them.
Without any hesitation and without asking, the subject pointed to your baby and said : "That´s a realy good song !"

Congrats,

Max... .. . Cheesy
drboomboom

« Reply #13 on: June 15, 2007, 08:00:22 PM »

Martin,

Love the twelve string. I hear Byrds alright, and a little Chad and Jeremy too. Great harmonies, recording, mixing and arranging...lyrics too. Wow, now there was a passage that sounded like the Association. Very happy and bouncy, yet whistful. Good stuff.
Martin E
Kara-Moon-Collective

« Reply #14 on: June 15, 2007, 09:25:49 PM »

Thanks Wyatt, Max and Dr BB.

@ Wyatt Thanks for the nice comments

@ Max. He didn't happen to be a A&R manager  Grin

@ Dr BB Thanks, I don't know Chad and Jeremy but I do know the Association. I still have some vinyl records of them lying about.
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  

Jump to: