Kara-Moon Forum
May 08, 2024, 06:26:36 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: You can go back to the main site here: Kara-Moon site

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Once Upon an Emerald Sea  (Read 19323 times)
Wyatt
Kara-Moon-Collective
Kara-Moon Master

« on: October 03, 2008, 10:44:35 PM »

Yes..a song from a dream..a very long dream.  Grin

Cool

Wyatt

* Once Upon an Emerald Sea .mp3 (3454.11 KB - downloaded 330 times.)

* Once Upon an Emerald Sea .jpg (432.17 KB, 1275x1275 - viewed 663 times.)

elwoodblues1969
Kara-Moon Master

Studiophile,Audiophile & Synthophile.

« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2008, 01:33:55 AM »

Wyatt,

Musical platforms from the collective concious is a beautiful thing,& the mood of this piece is quite striking...very enjoyable & tranquil! Cheesy

I'm wondering though,is this piece still in the idea-phase of development,because as it is,it raises alot of questions,but also gives me tons of ideas to run with. Cool

First off,I'm wondering if the left & right channel seperation is deliberate?Reason being,that when I dream,I tend to dream in 2.1 surround,as it's much more of a immersive experience. Grin It is my opinion,that stereo depth is key,in something like this...as that is what really moves me personally.
I really think the mood of this song begs for some spatialization like that.

Also,I think that some breaks in the drum track would be especially interesting...and I have loads of ideas for this,as well as ideas for a bass line & perhaps some backround chord progressions involving some lush sounding synth pads.
I love the sound quality of these tracks,as the audio quality is very pristine-in fact,it's one of the most clean sounding pieces I can remember you doing! Cool

If you're interested & if it's possible,I would love for you to send me the tracks in stereo,but if this is not possible,I can simulate a stereo effect.

If you would like to do a collab again,I would really look forward to running with your material to see what develops,as I'm totally game!

Cheers,

-Thom

kara
Kara-Moon, a site built by and for musicians
Global Moderator
Kara-Moon Master

Music is my middle name

« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2008, 07:28:47 AM »

Lovely soundscape, like in a dream  Cool
TBH I'm not sure that the drums actually adds something to the song, did you try it without the drums ?
Perhaps with a slow bass line and no drums it would sound better, certainly worth to try....

k

_____oOo______ http://www.myspace.com/kaazduo

www.kara-moon.com, a site built by and for musicians
Support us at : http://www.mymajorcompany.com/Artistes/kaaz/
SoundKlops

« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2008, 07:56:02 AM »

Hi Wyatt,

I like the song as it is and would not change anything. Cheesy

Andreas
Oren
Kara-Moon Master

...just looking for clues...

« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2008, 08:28:17 AM »

I like the song as it is and would not change anything. Cheesy

That wooden flute is outstanding; cool melody and harmonies. Classic "Wyatt" guitar - right on for the occasion.
I actually know drummers who play just like that - solid, straightforward - and it's really quite refreshing.

The "ensemble" reminds me of live performances from two New Zealand bands, "Fat Freddy's Drop" and "Fly My Pretties", who specialize in live recordings.

This tune has a lot of potential for development, but stands on its own "as is". Either way, maybe your best yet...

Wyatt
Kara-Moon-Collective
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2008, 02:11:15 PM »

I'm wondering though,is this piece still in the idea-phase of development

I had some ideas for it, and after a while I got used to it, and took it out of development.
I appreciate your enthusiasm, and would be happy to have you take it out for a spin.

First off,I'm wondering if the left & right channel seperation is deliberate?

Yes..that separation is deliberate.
If you're interested & if it's possible,I would love for you to send me the tracks in stereo,but if this is not possible,I can simulate a stereo effect.

I will send you the stereo tracks..no prob. Can you de-compress .apes or .flacs?  If so the file size is smaller. If not, I will send you .wavs..let me know..

I would really look forward to running with your material to see what develops,as I'm totally game!

Cool..feel free to take this wherever you want..you are hereby granted an official "knock-yourself-out" license.  Smiley

I am sure you will have an interesting interpretation, and I am looking forward to hearing what you do with it. Thanks for your interest.

Cool

Wyatt

« Last Edit: October 04, 2008, 03:22:29 PM by Wyatt » Logged

Wyatt
Kara-Moon-Collective
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2008, 02:13:33 PM »

Lovely soundscape, like in a dream  Cool
TBH I'm not sure that the drums actually adds something to the song, did you try it without the drums ?
Perhaps with a slow bass line and no drums it would sound better, certainly worth to try....

k

OK.. I tried it and like it better without the drums than I thought I would..now you are making me curious about that slow bass.   Smiley

Cool

Wyatt

Wyatt
Kara-Moon-Collective
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2008, 03:19:57 PM »

@ Andreas ..thank you for your comment. I guess we may just end up
with a few versions here.   Smiley

@Oren ..thank you very much for your generous comments.

I was already ready to call it finished, and now my curiosity is piqued.

Cool

Wyatt

MarioD
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2008, 04:00:14 PM »

Wyatt, this is really good as is!  I loved the flute and guitar interplay, expertly accomplished!

If you want to add versions of this masterpiece here are my suggestions:
1-drop the drums
2-keep the instrumentation as it is now but slowly pan the flute from left to right and slowly pan the guitar from right to left.  This will give the music some motion.  I don’t know if this will work or not but it’s worth a try, at least my warped mind thinks it is.  The one thing I personally wouldn’t do is add a whole bunch of instruments to this.  I love the sound the way it is now.

PS – the only time I have drummers in my dreams is if I’m having a nightmare  Roll Eyes

The older I get the better I was!
offthewall
Kara-Moon-Collective
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #9 on: October 04, 2008, 04:43:11 PM »

Lovely soundscape here, brother.
I find the comments interesting.  It's always nice to hear how others would treat the same piece.
I look forward to Thom's additions.
I also think it would be nice to have it stripped back without drums. If I get time I might send you a gentle bass line to fit in to it.
 Wink
James

folderol
Kara-Moon Master

Who? Me?

« Reply #10 on: October 04, 2008, 04:51:53 PM »

Well as usual I'm late to the party Roll Eyes
Very nice soundscape. I too would like to here it sans drums, con bass Smiley

If you have a poem, I have a tune, and we exchange these, we can both have a poem, a tune, and a song.
- Will
elwoodblues1969
Kara-Moon Master

Studiophile,Audiophile & Synthophile.

« Reply #11 on: October 04, 2008, 06:55:29 PM »

Wyatt,

I'm really excited about working on your song & I'd like to get started as soon as possible,because I plan on spending alot of quality time on this one! Cool

I'm just getting to know my way around Audacity & I am only familiar with WAV files at this point,so if you send me stereo tracks in WAV,I'd really appreciate it. Smiley

Thanks for your interest in the collab...schweet! Cool

-Thom

Wyatt
Kara-Moon-Collective
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #12 on: October 05, 2008, 01:44:21 PM »

Wyatt, this is really good as is!  I loved the flute and guitar interplay, expertly accomplished!

Thanks a lot for your kind words and thoughtful suggestions..the no-drums leaves an interesting space in the mix..maybe a spare mix and another with instruments is worth trying ? >shrug<
..btw..I have one of those nightmare drummers too..sometimes he sits in on my sessions.  Smiley

Lovely soundscape here, brother.
I find the comments interesting.  It's always nice to hear how others would treat the same piece.
I look forward to Thom's additions.
I also think it would be nice to have it stripped back without drums. If I get time I might send you a gentle bass line to fit in to it.
 Wink
James

Thank you for your comments bro..I appreciate it..Id love to hear your bass with this!
..as for the no-drum mix..consider it done.
(see below)

Well as usual I'm late to the party Roll Eyes
Very nice soundscape. I too would like to here it sans drums, con bass Smiley

Thank you Will..you’re not really late and always welcome.  Smiley Sans drums coming up by popular demand.

Wyatt,

I'm really excited about working on your song & I'd like to get started as soon as possible,because I plan on spending alot of quality time on this one! Cool

I'm just getting to know my way around Audacity & I am only familiar with WAV files at this point,so if you send me stereo tracks in WAV,I'd really appreciate it. Smiley

Thanks for your interest in the collab...schweet! Cool

-Thom

Thanks Thom..I will send you the .wavs. Sorry it took so long..after we got struck by lightning not too long ago, my wife wanted to get the headphones off me yesterday.  Grin

@ Everybody:
I was getting burned out and was thinking about coming in for a landing for a while..your interest has been contagious, and I am airborne again. I want to thank all of you for your kind attentions toward this piece and your lively enthusiasm. You are appreciated.

Cool

Wyatt

* Emerald Sea no-drum .mp3 (3395.53 KB - downloaded 325 times.)
« Last Edit: October 05, 2008, 05:31:01 PM by Wyatt » Logged

MarioD
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #13 on: October 05, 2008, 02:36:02 PM »

LOVED IT  wOO

Those haunting flute and guitar combinations just send chills down my spine.

One very small nitpicking thing, I would fade out the ending as I feel it is a little to abrupt as it is right now, but again that just could be me.  Others may like it as is. 

Super song.

« Last Edit: October 05, 2008, 02:38:06 PM by MarioD » Logged

The older I get the better I was!
Wyatt
Kara-Moon-Collective
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #14 on: October 05, 2008, 08:58:23 PM »

LOVED IT  wOO

Those haunting flute and guitar combinations just send chills down my spine.

One very small nitpicking thing, I would fade out the ending as I feel it is a little to abrupt as it is right now, but again that just could be me.  Others may like it as is. 

Super song.

Thanks a lot Mario! I appreciate your comments, man.

Say why don't you lay a lead track into it and fade out
the ending the way you're hearing it?? That would be cool.

Cool

Wyatt

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: