Kara-Moon Forum
May 09, 2024, 02:37:22 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: You can go back to the main site here: Kara-Moon site

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Rebirth  (Read 5885 times)
Timothee

« on: September 21, 2011, 05:10:07 PM »

Here is my new trance track called "Rebirth", named this because I feel like I have been reborn musically through making this track... Unfortunately for some, you may not find it meets your taste, as it heavily relies on a quater kick, arpeggio's and thick electronic percussion, and of course lots of reverb and delay...However its very progressive and should leave you wondering just how exactly I made it...

http://soundcloud.com/tim-billstrom/rebirth

Comments and listens are much appreciated!!, Thanks!
Have a nice day!

Moon
Global Moderator
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2011, 07:50:03 PM »

Timothee,

Nice intro, good build up to get the song going. Nice sount textures. The energy is gradually building up, which is very good. The first break is good with the build up of the extra tune in the rythme.  Halfway the song, at the second break, I was expecting something more; an extra element significantly different from the tunes in the first half. At the fourth part, the elements are repeating itself without new elements. The end is very good.

Overall, a very good song.

My personal thoughts: The ingredients in this song are great. But I somehow felt lost at the second break which could use an extra element like a strong lead keeping up the energy in the song. You need to keep the attention in a song, and that is why I would prefer an extra strong element over the second half of the song which also could bring extra variation to the track.

Also, keep in mind that I'm not THE expert in this style of music, so please consider this is one (my personal) opinion.

Moon

Oren
Kara-Moon Master

...just looking for clues...

« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2011, 12:36:31 AM »

...its very progressive and should leave you wondering just how exactly I made it...
Cool track for dancers and head-bobbers... Cheesy I can picture this one playing in some club with a massive light system.

OK, I give up - how did you make it? (would it be something from PropellorHead, perhaps?)

Timothee

« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2011, 03:27:24 AM »

Thanks for the comments! Moon, I know what your saying about the song flow, and I found this while making it, but didn't have the experience to deal with it... I build my songs out of loops and then edit multiple loops to add variation, so usually after a couple days, I don't relly add to the song, but just alter what I already have...I am trying to get passed this now with some success, but I still have a lot to learn...
Well Oren, it seemed more sophisticated when I created it, but i didn't do much more than layer a few synths over a drum pattern, and filter it all together...  I use fl studio, toxic biohazard 3 softsynth, And various electronic drum kits... I always create my own patterns and synthlines, and synth voices... Also always my percussion...basically I never use presets....

SLD Music

« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2011, 04:16:04 AM »

Really nice, as usual Timothee.

I agree with Moon's comments.  I would have loved to hear some kind of bring-it-home, larger-than-life lead in the second half of the song to build it to a nice climax of some kind.  But then again, that's how I roll.  I realize that strictly speaking trance isn't necessarily a "build to a a climax' kind of genre because you need enough of a tail to lead you into the next track the DJ is gonna spin.

Anyway, I thought this was great.  I always find the "how did you do it" discussion about this kind of music interesting since I'm really kind of a babe in the woods when it comes to tieing all those arpeggios and complicated drum patterns together like that.  My mind just doesn't seem to work that way.  I don't feel like I'm in enough control of the whole thing--which is part of my problem.  Smiley  I need to just LET GO.
Azell

« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2011, 09:25:08 PM »

moi j'adore, ça donne la pêche 
I love, that gives energy 
Azell

Kara pour toujours
Timothee

« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2011, 12:18:14 AM »

Thanks for listening Scott, I'm glad you liked it...I've been working hard on my new material since this song, and I've really been focusing on less repetition...

Also, thanks Azell for listening, I appreciate the comments, as always.. I'm glad your diggin' the tunes...

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: