Kara-Moon Forum
May 13, 2024, 09:46:07 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: You can go back to the main site here: Kara-Moon site

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: The Ice Caves  (Read 5801 times)
elwoodblues1969
Kara-Moon Master

Studiophile,Audiophile & Synthophile.

« on: March 10, 2013, 02:40:24 AM »

In this episode,Rynn battles it out with the Ice Golems,to obtain the visionary amethyst crystal....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OWMRQn6rDjw

-Thom

Moon
Global Moderator
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2013, 09:01:14 AM »

Thom, you have very good sounds in this song. The sounds really complement each other, making the soundscape complete. There's also a lot of variation going on. The combination with the video is great.

Some critic: On part 2:48 to 3:08 I lost some interest. This is the part where I personaly would shorten the mix: On this part, the song seemed to loose its breath. Shortening the song would make the song more powerful.

Moon
folderol
Kara-Moon Master

Who? Me?

« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2013, 01:46:58 PM »

The sharp 'brittle' sound at the start certainly sets the icy scene, and at the end of the action I like the way you pull back to just slow pad sounds. Altogether  a well paced track - but then I expected that Smiley

If you have a poem, I have a tune, and we exchange these, we can both have a poem, a tune, and a song.
- Will
elwoodblues1969
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2013, 02:00:48 PM »

Thom, you have very good sounds in this song. The sounds really complement each other, making the soundscape complete. There's also a lot of variation going on. The combination with the video is great.

Some critic: On part 2:48 to 3:08 I lost some interest. This is the part where I personaly would shorten the mix: On this part, the song seemed to loose its breath. Shortening the song would make the song more powerful.

Moon

I understand your input...& if I were required to edit this song for radio air-play,then I would agree with you...to some degree,I guess.

However,these tunes I've written specifically for this video game,are not meant to be standard,conventional songs.This series of videos is an enormous project that I've been working on for months now & if you were to look back when I began this project,a lot of the videos are twice as long & I think it may cause you to lose interest quite easily,in certain segments.

I have many hours of footage to work with each song,so the fact that I've condensed this tune down to 4 minutes..means that I've cut out a lot of footage and typically,my songs are much longer...but I try not to make them too long.

In my opinion,I think there is plenty of variation...enough so that the 19 second segment you pointed out,is appropriate...I think.

Thanks a lot for your kind comments & your input is always welcomed & appreciated. Cool

-Thom

elwoodblues1969
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2013, 02:04:02 PM »

The sharp 'brittle' sound at the start certainly sets the icy scene, and at the end of the action I like the way you pull back to just slow pad sounds. Altogether  a well paced track - but then I expected that Smiley

Yeah...I paid special attention to choosing icy sounds & since I've recently added more VST's to my arsenal,it's made the task considerably easier.
Thanks for your kind review. Cool

Oren
Kara-Moon Master

...just looking for clues...

« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2013, 07:56:27 PM »

...I paid special attention to choosing icy sounds & since I've recently added more VST's to my arsenal...

Crisp, atmospheric, entirely appropriate. Music to my ears, Mr. S.!  Grin

elwoodblues1969
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2013, 08:58:30 PM »

...I paid special attention to choosing icy sounds & since I've recently added more VST's to my arsenal...

Crisp, atmospheric, entirely appropriate. Music to my ears, Mr. S.!  Grin

Thanks Oren. Cheesy

Azell

« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2013, 05:13:24 PM »

Roll Eyes

Kara pour toujours
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: