Kara-Moon Forum
May 28, 2024, 04:17:11 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: You can go back to the main site here: Kara-Moon site

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: KVR October  (Read 5761 times)
rp314

« on: October 23, 2012, 10:07:13 PM »

Just goofing around in Logic. Grin

Plenty of cliches shoehorned into a silly 2 minute piece. Needs work, but...

It's been quite a while. Glad to see this place is still around. wOO

* 1210_rp314_DITVOTSK.mp3 (3554.41 KB - downloaded 319 times.)
Oren
Kara-Moon Master

...just looking for clues...

« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2012, 12:44:01 AM »

Appropriately creepy - quite cool, actually! Afro

rp314

« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2012, 05:40:52 PM »

Thanks for listening and commenting, Oren.

For some reason the powers that be at KVR pm'd me to ask about the full disclosure aspect of my entry.

It was in fact all done in Logic, not that that should surprise any of us old-timers who might remember a time when 'Sampled' instruments were an expensive fruit far out of our reach and generally sounded not that great. In fact I still have a Proteus 2 Orchestral rack mount which IIRC originally went for almost a $1,000 twenty years ago or so.  Shocked

Oh, the things folks can do nowadays with these relatively affordable DAWs if only they take the time to check out the goodies included therein and do a bit of messing around with them. Cool
Oren
Kara-Moon Master

...just looking for clues...

« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2012, 05:58:11 PM »

For some reason the powers that be at KVR pm'd me to ask about the full disclosure aspect of my entry.

Idiots! Have they not yet realized that we have the skills, creativity, and technical resources to produce "radio ready" music, project after project?  Wink

Oh, the things folks can do nowadays with these relatively affordable DAWs if only they take the time to check out the goodies included therein and do a bit of messing around with them. Cool
Agreed! wOO

folderol
Kara-Moon Master

Who? Me?

« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2012, 07:47:52 PM »

Very impressive work - suitably scary Shocked

To be fair to KVR, about a year ago there was a major ruckus because a few  people were submitting entries that contained a lot of material that had been ripped off - in one case, the entire entry was. The result was that a new rule was included that submitters had to list the equipment they used, and the source of any samples etc. A shame, but I think quite understandable.

If you have a poem, I have a tune, and we exchange these, we can both have a poem, a tune, and a song.
- Will
rp314

« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2012, 09:47:20 PM »

Indeed. I really have no problems with showing the sources as well as the stems, if necessary (meaning if the piece gets any votes for a change Cheesy). It's all good...

As to Oren's observation, hey, it's always better than having them ask "Did you really need to use so many synths and plugs to make that?"  Grin

Thanks for the comments, Folderol. Now all we need is for you, Echo Voodoo, Psy-T, SHUSH, Markleford, and the others to join in for things to return to normal over there.  Cool
MarioD
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2012, 09:45:46 PM »

Great suspenseful piece of music.

Perfect for Halloween!

The older I get the better I was!
Azell

« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2012, 12:20:06 PM »

waouhhh, j'en ai des frissons 
waouhhh, I have chills 

Kara pour toujours
rp314

« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2012, 05:09:13 PM »

Thanks, MarioD. Merci, Azell.  Wink

Well, after a more than two year absence from the contest, this entry has at least managed to get a few votes so far. Some member from across the pond included this wonderful critique:

#10 rp314 - Donatoni in the Valley of the Serialists Killers: Get rid of the bells, man. You don't need them. Kindergarten tricks. They work against the atmosphere of suspense you create so masterfully.
wOO

Actually, I began using that kind of cheap trick back in pre-school... Grin
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: