Kara-Moon Forum
May 15, 2024, 01:20:26 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: You can go back to the main site here: Kara-Moon site

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: New Riders  (Read 5314 times)
MarioD
Kara-Moon Master

« on: January 21, 2014, 08:31:50 PM »

New Riders is the kind of song my old quartet used to do.  We had a guitar, a base guitar, B3 and drums.  That was way back in the mid to late 60’s.

I am playing the guitar and the base.  The B3 is a mixture of me playing my midi guitar, my keyboard and some writing in the PRV of Sonar.  The drums are from BiaB with a couple of slight modifications.

Let me know what you think.

* New Riders.mp3 (4064.13 KB - downloaded 542 times.)

The older I get the better I was!
folderol
Kara-Moon Master

Who? Me?

« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2014, 08:55:15 PM »

This is just so smooooooooooooth Afro

If you have a poem, I have a tune, and we exchange these, we can both have a poem, a tune, and a song.
- Will
propellerhead1969

« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2014, 11:12:39 PM »

Mario,

I'm not really clear on whether you are referring to a style or genre of playing,or if New Riders is a cover song...or an original?Anyway,the groove is solid and the sonic depth,clarity and the whole live mood of this song is top shelf...I wish more of your music sounded this pristine! 
MarioD
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2014, 04:28:08 PM »

Thanx Will and Thom!

Thom, I was talking about the genre, that is the interaction of the B3 and guitar in my old band.  We played a lot of songs like this one, both covers and originals.  This song is an original.

Also thanx for the pristine comment as that was one of my goals with the other being emulating a live performance based on memory of that old band.

Oren
Kara-Moon Master

...just looking for clues...

« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2014, 11:31:34 PM »

Schweet!  Kiss
To get the live-action feel, the drums should rattle a bit, and we would be getting some 60 cycle hum from the Leslie or a guitar amp. Then, some "ambient room" reverb would take it all the way...

MarioD
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2014, 01:23:15 AM »

Thanx Oren.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: