Kara-Moon Forum
May 14, 2024, 01:06:00 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: You can go back to the main site here: Kara-Moon site

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: How's this for a bit of nostalgia?!  (Read 2640 times)
elwoodblues1969
Kara-Moon Master

Studiophile,Audiophile & Synthophile.

« on: July 18, 2010, 11:11:25 PM »

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Q View Post

Whoaa, this is getting interesting. I'd like to hear more. Any details on this? Mr. Kay? Anyone?
That's right, I still have my Fairlight Series III (original cost about $80,000 in 1978). Here's a dorky "me and my fairlight" picture from that era:

I worked on creating a sound library for the Fairlight III with a now-defunct company named "Sound Genesis" - it was an orchestral library mainly sampled from the Minneapolis/St.Paul Symphony orchestra.

A bunch of that PCM was sold to Korg when the company went out of business, which was right before the 01/W time - which is how I originally got connected to Korg. I edited a bunch of the Sound Genesis waveforms for the 01/W and subsequent products, and eventually worked my way into all facets of sound design and demo production for Korg - and then KARMA.

* skfairlight.jpg (44.14 KB, 632x440 - viewed 482 times.)

elwoodblues1969
Kara-Moon Master

Studiophile,Audiophile & Synthophile.

« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2010, 11:16:43 PM »

Stephen Kay from Korg(pictured above),is working on creating a Fairlight library for Native Instrument's Kontakt...this however,is a project that's in it's infancy stage,so no word on when & if it will be completed,but I'm keeping my fingers crossed! Undecided Grin

-Thom

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: