Kara-Moon Forum
May 14, 2024, 06:27:32 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: You can go back to the main site here: Kara-Moon site

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Need Help  (Read 2614 times)
MarioD
Kara-Moon Master

« on: January 24, 2011, 04:39:00 PM »

I am posting this message on a number of forums.  Hopefully someone can help me.

I have hit a brick wall with the Akai EWI-USB stand-alone version software on a XP Pro, 32-bit system. I am using Akai Player V.1111 and Akai EWI USB V1005.  I have installed the EWI USB upgrade that was supposed to solve this problem, however it did not. The player works fine in both stand-a-lone and VST mode but the EWI USB software will not work in stand-a-lone mode. I can not save or load any configurations; the program freezes up, not responding is the message I get, when I click on preferences. I should note that everything was working fine until I upgraded the player!

I uninstalled both programs, did a registry scan via Ccleaner and deleted all Garritan/Akai references it found, then reinstalled the original EWI USB software. It does not work now either; it did previously. Thinking that my controller was dead I loaded the original software on my Internet computer.  Note my music computer is off line. Low and behold it worked there, so the problem is with the software.

Here is a list of what other things I have done;
1-made sure my USB drivers were up to date.  They were.  Also everything else plugged into the USB ports work and the device manager shows no problems with the ports.  I also plugged an external HD into the port that I normally use for the controller and it worked so the problem is not that port.
2-deleted all of the unused USB device drivers
3-plugged the controller into other USB2 ports.  I have a PCI to USB2 card as well as the USB2 ports built into the computer.
4-Installed MS Essentials and Malwarebyte’s Anti-Malware and ran full scans on both.  Neither program found any bugs.  Uninstalled both programs when finished.

Any help you can give me would be greatly appreciated.

Thanx for your time - MarioD

The older I get the better I was!
Oren
Kara-Moon Master

...just looking for clues...

« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2011, 06:50:56 PM »

Not much help from my end, Bro Roll Eyes
Fortunately some of the crew here will be able to help once they see your post... Afro

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: