Kara-Moon Forum
May 12, 2024, 09:51:47 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: You can go back to the main site here: Kara-Moon site

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: The Warrior Rynn(V2 remaster)  (Read 8386 times)
elwoodblues1969
Kara-Moon Master

Studiophile,Audiophile & Synthophile.

« on: February 02, 2011, 08:00:46 PM »

Just to recap the theme as it were-about a year & a half ago,I was so impressed by this wonderful cinematic-style masterpiece of a video game,that it inspired me to write a film score for it(hoping that one day a film would be made of this video game & that I could submit my tune to the project.....but I was not entirely pleased with the original,so I decided to remaster it.

It actually took me longer to remaster it-than it did to write & record the original,but in addition to cleaning up the audio,I redesigned all of the original VST programs from the ground up and reshaped all of the sounds from scratch.
I didn't stop there though,as I also re-wrote the composition in certain sections and I re-sampled all of the dialogue samples from the video game.

It was great to revisit this old tune,as it is one of my personal favorites & I hope you all enjoy this remastered version.....

-Thom

* The Warrior Rynn(V2 remaster)(2).mp3 (7992.28 KB - downloaded 293 times.)

elwoodblues1969
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2011, 08:05:54 PM »

* 02_02_2011_14_32_04.jpg (207.63 KB, 720x540 - viewed 591 times.)

* 02_02_2011_14_32_32.jpg (222.92 KB, 720x540 - viewed 618 times.)

* 02_02_2011_14_34_26.jpg (223.29 KB, 720x540 - viewed 570 times.)

isle3music

« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2011, 02:54:11 AM »

Really impressive stuff Thom,sounds like it was part of the original game,some of the synth pads are pure gold
Excellent production and creation
Rui
elwoodblues1969
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2011, 03:16:34 AM »

Rui,

Although this video game has some really nice scores in it,I only drew my inspiration from the video itself,so it's purely original....if Sony was to make a sequel to this game,I would certainly submit this song to it.
Even if they just listened to it & considered using it-that it of itself,would be the thrill of my life!

I really appreciate the 5 star accolades from a film score enthusiast such as yourself-thanks a mint! 

-Thom

elwoodblues1969
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2011, 04:41:43 AM »

I have yet another version of this tune(which was my original remaster),but I had to cut it down to remain within the 8mb limit here.

Here's my video with the longer length,in CD quality & with a slightly different ending;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JNNhS7gk5a8

-Thom

folderol
Kara-Moon Master

Who? Me?

« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2011, 08:36:58 PM »

I don't remember this, but you certainly cover a wide range of sounds and moods with this. It has a very strong storytelling flavour.

For some reason I can't seem to get the youtube link to work Sad

If you have a poem, I have a tune, and we exchange these, we can both have a poem, a tune, and a song.
- Will
elwoodblues1969
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2011, 09:35:14 PM »

Thanks for your comments Will. Smiley Can't imagine what the problem could be with the link in relation to your PC...Linux systems are completely alien to me.

-Thom

folderol
Kara-Moon Master

Who? Me?

« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2011, 11:39:38 PM »

Curious - It seems OK now Huh

If you have a poem, I have a tune, and we exchange these, we can both have a poem, a tune, and a song.
- Will
Oren
Kara-Moon Master

...just looking for clues...

« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2011, 12:11:25 AM »

Really impressive stuff Thom, sounds like it was part of the original game, some of the synth pads are pure gold
Excellent production and creation

What Rui said...

elwoodblues1969
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2011, 12:19:33 AM »

Thank you sir....

-Thom

NeoN

« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2011, 06:00:36 AM »

Love the intro!

Nice choice of sounds man Smiley

Love this piece
kara
Kara-Moon, a site built by and for musicians
Global Moderator
Kara-Moon Master

Music is my middle name

« Reply #11 on: April 08, 2011, 07:13:54 AM »

I have yet another version of this tune(which was my original remaster),but I had to cut it down to remain within the 8mb limit here.

Here's my video with the longer length,in CD quality & with a slightly different ending;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JNNhS7gk5a8

-Thom

Wow I'm highly impressed
This is a great score which goes perfectly with the picture, you are a good score composer.
I have no idea how that movie scoring business works, but I would send the link of this video to a couple of companies. It would surprise me if you wouldn't get a job out of this.

k

_____oOo______ http://www.myspace.com/kaazduo

www.kara-moon.com, a site built by and for musicians
Support us at : http://www.mymajorcompany.com/Artistes/kaaz/
elwoodblues1969
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #12 on: April 08, 2011, 03:05:29 PM »

Thanks for the nice accolades,Kara. Cool As for submitting my work,well...I do know that some companies scout around on some forums,asking for submissions that they claim is just for a listen,but in fact,they steal your music.

I once had an actor friend of mine from N.Y.C.,hook me up with a video artist who did documentaries & he asked if he could view my video footage I had done on a famous historic building before it was torn down,to see if it was worth using.
I knew he was just trying to scam me by viewing my tape only to make a copy and then tell me he had no use for it,just so he could get a free copy....so I had him pay me up front.

I would think that one would have to put one's self out there & make a name for him/her self,& maybe relocate to area like N.Y.,to make things happen.
If there was some video contest online somewhere,that might be a way into the business...but it's a cut-throat business with some fierce competition.

-Thom

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: