Kara-Moon Forum
May 11, 2024, 08:11:18 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: You can go back to the main site here: Kara-Moon site

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: The Great Barrier(Sybok Mix)  (Read 4242 times)
elwoodblues1969
Kara-Moon Master

Studiophile,Audiophile & Synthophile.

« on: April 05, 2012, 07:09:16 PM »

Since I originally rendered the end product without meticulously combing through the finer details of the mix,before mixdown...I noticed some undesirable sonic anomalies,on or around the 1kHz area and tended to them.
I also realized that I had an excess surplus effect rack that I forgot to remove,which caused an unwanted "white noise" effect,that was located towards the end part of the song & cleaned that up that as well.
This version is how the original version was meant to be.

-Thom

* The Great Barrier(Sybok Mix).mp3 (7182.94 KB - downloaded 245 times.)

MarioD
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2012, 02:08:27 PM »

This is absolutely super Thom.  Great choice of sounds for the backing tracks coupled with Trek sound bits yields another winner.

You have a great musical mind Thom.  You also have mastered your sounds and have a great ability for producing the perfect mixes.

The older I get the better I was!
elwoodblues1969
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2012, 02:14:12 PM »

This is absolutely super Thom.  Great choice of sounds for the backing tracks coupled with Trek sound bits yields another winner.

You have a great musical mind Thom.  You also have mastered your sounds and have a great ability for producing the perfect mixes.

You're too kind Mario...appreciate the generous accolades! Cool

-Thom

Oren
Kara-Moon Master

...just looking for clues...

« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2012, 04:44:40 PM »

The quality of your audio is astounding, Thom! Shocked
Anyone who has any reservations about the potential for digital synthesis, production and playback needs to listen to your last few projects.
Huge listener impact, even in MP3 format.

elwoodblues1969
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2012, 09:33:05 PM »

The quality of your audio is astounding, Thom! Shocked
Anyone who has any reservations about the potential for digital synthesis, production and playback needs to listen to your last few projects.
Huge listener impact, even in MP3 format.

Thanks Oren....you brown-noser-hoser! Wink Cool It's all about knowing you're equipment-as you know well, and in the case of Reason 6,getting the desired results,is simply a matter of taking the time to explore it's potential.
Still though,there's so much yet to know about this program,as after all this time,I still feel like I only scratched the surface,as a sound designer.

Fortunately though,there is a 3rd party company called Nucleus SoundLab,that not only designs sounds for Reason...they also provide very detailed documentation on how they constructed their patches.So with every one of their sound programs you buy,you get a tutorial as well.

It seems that Reason is still a very underrated program,in contrast to some of the competition and I've come across quite a few folks that have fiddled around with Reason a bit & then just cast it aside.I have to admit though,I haven't always given Reason all of the attention it deserves at times and with all of the extra time I've been devoting to it lately,I'm wondering if programs like Alchemy & Omnisphere are really necessary.....well,maybe Alchemy down the road,but Omnisphere can definitely wait....until such time as I can afford a monster PC big enough to handle that program...but I'm hoping I won't ever "need" it.

-Thom

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: