Kara-Moon Forum
May 03, 2024, 02:10:34 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: You can go back to the main site here: Kara-Moon site

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Choices In Gear  (Read 2892 times)
elwoodblues1969
Kara-Moon Master

Studiophile,Audiophile & Synthophile.

« on: March 29, 2012, 07:57:43 PM »

After all the angst & indecision my purchase of the Yamaha MOX6 has inflicted upon me..well...I had yet another technical issue to deal with-which in turn,finally prompted me to make a clear decision to let go of my MOX6 once & for all and gave me peace of mind in the process.

Yesterday,I agonized over why I wasn't receiving a stereo signal from my Kurzweil PC3LE6 that was connected to my MOX6's audio interface.
After trouble-shooting through every audio connection & every possible setting in both keyboards,I was finally able to conclude that the audio interface of my MOX6,was the cause.

This experience has sparked a thought in regard to what is the universal principle amongst home electronics..more specifically,with stereos and TV's.
The golden rule,is that with home stereo systems,buying separate components will yield one with not only higher quality,but more reliability as well.
This is equally the case with TV's that have built in VCR & DVD players in them,as not only are there serious compromises in quality,  but one may also have to contend with astronomical repair bills,in the event the VCR becomes inoperative,while the rest of the product is in tact.

Unfortunately,the Yamaha MOX6(in my experience),is the epitome of this very problem-as clearly,Yamaha has crammed too many features into a keyboard using a super tight budget & thus,cutting too many corners in build quality & functionality.

On the brighter side though,I managed to get an offer for my MOX6 & Equator Audio D5's from a pawn shop that I could live with and took them up on their deal.
The cash wasn't quite as much as I estimated receiving,but it was enough for me to purchase an M-Audio 61-key midi controller & a Mackie 8 channel USB mixer.

Both of these companies I know well & have always offered time tested quality & reliability for a reasonable price and to top it all off,from a trusted retailer that always had & will have,competitive pricing that is beyond question.

Though I did lose quite a bit of coin on the MOX6 deal,I did compensate in a small way,by finding rock bottom prices on my gear purchases that I made today & I couldn't be happier.
Cool

-Thom
« Last Edit: March 29, 2012, 07:59:50 PM by elwoodblues1969 » Logged

Oren
Kara-Moon Master

...just looking for clues...

« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2012, 09:30:27 PM »

Nice... wOO
M-Audio and Mackie - now yer talkin'!

MarioD
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2012, 11:44:04 PM »

Oh yea!

I have an old M-Audio MK-449C midi controller that I have been using now for about 10 years.  I just Dled new drivers for Win 7 SP1.  Great support!

I also own M-Audio near field monitors that I like a lot.

Me thinks that you have made a very wise decision!

The older I get the better I was!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: