Kara-Moon Forum
May 05, 2024, 07:52:42 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: You can go back to the main site here: Kara-Moon site

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: kvr Nov 11 Memorias de la Mancha  (Read 4504 times)
shrikant

« on: November 21, 2011, 07:06:00 AM »

Friends,

This month at KVR we are supposed to go "Around the World to places like Central/South American/Spanish/Afro-Cuban/Latin-America" to find our musical inspiration.

I chose a place called La Mancha from where the memorable immortal Knight emerged fighting windmills.  Don Quixote to be precise.Whether this sounds  Spanish or not. but I had good time creating this track from my imagined memories of La Mancha. I have named it Memorias de la Mancha  Huh

Please do let me know what you felt.

Thanks.

Shrikant

* 1111_shrikant_ Memorias de la Mancha .mp3 (4166.81 KB - downloaded 363 times.)
Azell

« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2011, 07:56:14 PM »

very special, I must say that for me, Don Quixote is that of "Grand Jacques" Brel:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-g_3A1vhBPw
but, your verson is good too 
Azell

Kara pour toujours
folderol
Kara-Moon Master

Who? Me?

« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2011, 07:57:55 PM »

Hmmm, Well I guess it sounds like an an Indo-Spanish tune Grin

I enjoyed it anyway. What was the main stringed instrument. It has a very nice tone.

If you have a poem, I have a tune, and we exchange these, we can both have a poem, a tune, and a song.
- Will
MarioD
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2011, 03:36:45 PM »

This sounds great to me.  I can not put it into any genre because I am not that familiar with all of those you listed however this is very good.  You have a great soundscape going on here.

Two thumbs up.

The older I get the better I was!
Oren
Kara-Moon Master

...just looking for clues...

« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2011, 07:34:49 PM »

Argentinian Techno Tango?  Grin A lot of fun, at any rate... wOO

shrikant

« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2011, 04:07:26 AM »

very special, I must say that for me, Don Quixote is that of "Grand Jacques" Brel:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-g_3A1vhBPw
but, your verson is good too 
Azell

Sorry for the delay in replying. I was away from my computer for quite some time.

Madam,Azell - I became a great fan of Jacques Brel ever since  I heard the song "ne me quitte pa" The one you have quoted is superb. Thanks for the good words.

folderol - I have used the  "string studio vst" and the preset is "100 Guitar Comp" . The new "Indo- Spanish" genre sounds interesting.  Grin Thanks.

Mario D and Oren - Your kind words give me great confidence in trying my hand at music,despite my own doubts about my abilities. Thanks.

Thanks once again to all of you.    Smiley

shrikant
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: