Kara-Moon Forum
May 04, 2024, 06:47:14 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: You can go back to the main site here: Kara-Moon site

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  
Author Topic: Last Goodbye  (Read 21071 times)
Mellotronaut

« Reply #15 on: June 23, 2007, 03:19:14 PM »

Wow, this is a happy happy song!

Great playing, quite transparent sound(s) and your voice is cream:
Highly professional and wonderful song!

...about the hit-hint: for me it's a hit, surely, but i'm almost 44... young people nowadays are different ...they, who like music like your song, buy lps (vinyl) and the others need strong beats and please: no melodies. A large third group download everything from the web and their taste depends on their peers.

m Grin

Martin E
Kara-Moon-Collective

« Reply #16 on: June 23, 2007, 06:02:14 PM »

Thanks Mello

Yeah, The hit thing; it was just a jest but with a serious undertone. I think anything with some quality could be a hit once it is marketed in the right way and gets enough airplay.

I went to a Brian Wilson concert last night and the music was pure magic. But that's just my opinion and the opinion of 1000 other people present who were all well over 40. Myself included of course  Grin So you're right about the musical taste of the young being different.
When I got home, with the wonderful music of Brian Wilson still in my head, I turned on the tv and saw The Arctic Monkeys live at the Glastonbury Festival on the BBC. I thought they were quite afwul compared to what I had just seen and heard. But the young people in the audience loved it.

So who is right and who is wrong?  Roll Eyes
Mellotronaut

« Reply #17 on: June 23, 2007, 08:30:00 PM »

Hi Martin,

Last year there was a kvr-contest with an educational topic. A guy made a stereotype dance/trance song just to show how to make a hit for the kids. He said, 'my track is awful and i hate it'.
Karin and i were listening to the entries and when this song came out of the speakers, her son (then 10 years old) was totally excited and wanted to have more. We couldn't stop laughing, but....you know, what i mean Shocked.

Brian Wilson is one of my favourite artists and 'Pet Sounds' and 'Smile' can drive me to tears because of the beauty that comes from this music, but 'Beach Boys Family and Friends' with Al Jardine and 'The Beach Boys' with Mike Love, who are just cheesy revival bands, get a lot more listeners than Brian Wilson.
Anyway, in 50 years nobody will remember them, but Brian Wilson will be timeless.
Maybe this is an answer....'Arctic Monkeys' aren't bad, but they do what a hundred other bands do, they're solid, but not special. Brian Wilson is magic. Smiley

Chris aka mello
Wyatt
Kara-Moon-Collective
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #18 on: June 23, 2007, 10:11:04 PM »

CHris,

..I hear that..Mike Love is no Brian Wilson.

Wyatt

magmavander
Frenchy but chic
Kara-Moon-Collective

« Reply #19 on: June 25, 2007, 08:46:41 PM »

Hi Martin,

what a great one again!!
It's great coz the Byrds are here but it's not a "copy".
You were inspired, not influenced  Wink
A hit is a hit. Who knows what can happen to a song ?
I can point some cool hit these last years and it was not always some kind of robotic/unpersonal song. Even businessmen cant totaly kill quality. Anyway this one had what is needed in a hit, a melodic line that grabs you immediately.
I like the mix of happyness and nostalgy. It has also a cool groove, very enjoyable. All guitars are top!!
I'm a big fan of choirs in the background, I'd like to hear some more and you have a beautiful voice for choirs Grin
The mix is perfect, I cant find any bugs.

Thanks to share!

bye

mag

I work hard these last week and I dont have very much time, and I must say energy, to do very much music but I have worked on rendez-vous  Smiley + writted some snippets.

Frenchy but chic
Martin E
Kara-Moon-Collective

« Reply #20 on: June 26, 2007, 09:51:37 PM »

Thanks, Mag.  Good to hear from you.

Like to do some work on "Rendez-vous" sometime soon. I'll be on holiday however from 6th to 20th of July. That should give you some time to get something ready.  Grin
Northern_Fist

« Reply #21 on: June 29, 2007, 11:50:59 PM »

I'm surprised... some of the musicians here seem like they belong someplace "bigger".  This track is amazing quality in recording and performance.

I envy the talent to sing and play guitar.  Kudos, I thank you for sharing this with us.

"The man that hath no music in himself,
Nor is not mov'd with concord of sweet sounds,
Is fit for treasons, stratagems, and spoils."
- The Merchant of Venice (V, i, 83-85)
Martin E
Kara-Moon-Collective

« Reply #22 on: July 02, 2007, 10:07:40 AM »

Thanks for the comment and the listen, N.F.
folderol
Kara-Moon Master

Who? Me?

« Reply #23 on: July 24, 2007, 09:48:02 PM »

This is a nice song that's just very 'comfortable' to have playing, either listening, or as background.

I can't begin to comment on the technicalities, but it just sounds clear and crisp.

If you have a poem, I have a tune, and we exchange these, we can both have a poem, a tune, and a song.
- Will
MarioD
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #24 on: August 19, 2007, 01:23:59 AM »

MartinE, this should by on the radio – period

If I heard this cut in a music store I would buy the CD - MarioD

The older I get the better I was!
Martin E
Kara-Moon-Collective

« Reply #25 on: August 19, 2007, 01:19:42 PM »

Hey thanks Folderol; must have missed your entry somehow.

Thanks Mario. I'll make a note of your order in case a cd is released. Whenever.  Grin
Daniel Pompougnac

There's a little wind, today...

« Reply #26 on: August 29, 2007, 09:11:49 PM »

Wahoo, very good song.

Daniel Pompougnac

Martin E
Kara-Moon-Collective

« Reply #27 on: August 30, 2007, 07:52:14 PM »

Thanks Daniel
Daniel Pompougnac

There's a little wind, today...

« Reply #28 on: September 02, 2007, 06:15:42 PM »

More I listen this song, more I find it excellent. Great stuff.

Daniel

NeoN

« Reply #29 on: September 04, 2007, 08:25:49 AM »

Another great Song of yours, Martin Smiley
I really like the combination of Acoustic Guitars, Drums and Bass.
Perfect Vocals and nice Melody.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2007, 10:44:40 AM by NeoN » Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  

Jump to: