Kara-Moon Forum
May 14, 2024, 07:24:47 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: You can go back to the main site here: Kara-Moon site

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Fun Competiton  (Read 5506 times)
MarioD
Kara-Moon Master

« on: October 11, 2009, 06:25:34 PM »

Over on the PG Music forums a Fun Competition was started.  A midi file was submitted and a challenged was made to take it and have fun with it.  Thus the backing tracks are not mine however the sound selection is mine. I added a flute lead via practicing with the EWI-USB and a guitar lead.

I hope you like it.

* FC MarioD.mp3 (3982.13 KB - downloaded 528 times.)

The older I get the better I was!
kara
Kara-Moon, a site built by and for musicians
Global Moderator
Kara-Moon Master

Music is my middle name

« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2009, 07:43:18 PM »

Cool  Cool
I'm not a real fan of that flute sound but the playing is ok, looks like you are learning fast 
The guitar track is great as we are used from you

k

_____oOo______ http://www.myspace.com/kaazduo

www.kara-moon.com, a site built by and for musicians
Support us at : http://www.mymajorcompany.com/Artistes/kaaz/
Wyatt
Kara-Moon-Collective
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2009, 08:01:20 PM »

I love your choices of instrument not to mention that luscious guitar playing of yours..

..lovely melodic tapestry..yet another one from you where my player gets mysteriously stuck on "play".  

Afro
« Last Edit: October 12, 2009, 12:54:42 PM by Wyatt » Logged

folderol
Kara-Moon Master

Who? Me?

« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2009, 10:07:53 PM »

Lovely rich melododic piece. Especially like the guitar Cool
Definitely a keeper.

If you have a poem, I have a tune, and we exchange these, we can both have a poem, a tune, and a song.
- Will
elwoodblues1969
Kara-Moon Master

Studiophile,Audiophile & Synthophile.

« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2009, 04:18:38 PM »

Wonderful axe work on this Mario-really enjoyed it! Cool

-Thom

2010jazz

« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2010, 10:41:32 PM »

Hi Mario,

If you don't mind I will make some suggestions re the EWI-USB flute. I have to agree w Kara that the flute patch is not beautiful. Are you using one of the Aria flutes?

To get the best flute sound I would suggest using the flute patch that is recorded w vibrato. The one in your song does not appear to have any vibrato. In my opinion, it's better to have a really good vibrato that sings, even if it's too much, than not have any. It might also help to turn up the reverb a bit more. Also try it playing an octave higher -sometimes the patch sounds far better bumped an octave higher (or sometimes lower).

If you also have Ketron SD2, try the flute patch -it's very good with great vibrato. If you have one of the Roland SD boxes, try the flute patch. One of the Roland has a split clarinet/flute which is a superb flute. Rich, vibrant and great sounding.

I find that if the patch sounds really good, my playing improves tons.

Your guitar, as usual sounds absolutely superb -probably one of the most gorgeous I have ever heard, along with your superb playing.

Thanks,

Dan
MarioD
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2010, 12:06:11 AM »

Than Dan for listening and the very kind words.

I agree about the flute.  This was one of my first attempts at the wind controller.  I have since learned how to control the vibrato.  I also have some patches with vibrato built in that I should have used here.

Also thanx for the guitar playing comments.  I greatly appreciated them.  I’m just an old gun that keeps playing because of Band-in-a-Box and a group of guys that comes over once a week, i.e. PSR.

The older I get the better I was!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: