Kara-Moon Forum
May 08, 2024, 08:47:11 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: You can go back to the main site here: Kara-Moon site

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Sixteenth swing  (Read 14656 times)
drautzburg

« Reply #15 on: October 07, 2010, 07:54:07 PM »

Here is finally an example what it would sound like. It was made using a variable S and lines like

$( 4.75 + $S ) 16 3 80;

A true sixteenth triplet would require an additional delay of 0.08 of the second sixteenth. In the example there are three simple short pieces with

(1) delay = 0.08 (triplets)
(2) delay = 0.00 (straight)
(3) delay = 0.04

The first one does not sound good to my ears. The second is straight sixteenths and the third is the effect I am going for.

Frankly I am a little underwhelmed, but maybe the pieces are not that great.

* swing.mp3 (727.73 KB - downloaded 370 times.)
bvdp
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #16 on: October 08, 2010, 03:15:34 AM »

Here is finally an example what it would sound like. It was made using a variable S and lines like

$( 4.75 + $S ) 16 3 80;

Yes, you have to resort to $() for this since you can't contat. offsets (you can concat note durations). However, and sorry for not mentioning it before ... but much easier is to use the shift modifier:

4.75 16 80 Shift .04

or if you want to use a variable:  4.75 16 80 Shift $s

Not sure what you are doing in the example ... if this is a drum beat you have too many args, but I'm sure you just typed too fast Smiley

A true sixteenth triplet would require an additional delay of 0.08 of the second sixteenth. In the example there are three simple short pieces with

I listened, quickly, to the example. I *think* I see what you're getting to. Just a few minor adjustments and I think you'll be there.

BTW, the new swingmode code probably will not help you much Smiley

My online life: http://www.mellowood.ca
drautzburg

« Reply #17 on: October 08, 2010, 05:28:03 AM »

Yes, you have to resort to $() for this since you can't contat. offsets (you can concat note durations). However, and sorry for not mentioning it before ... but much easier is to use the shift modifier:

4.75 16 80 Shift .04

or if you want to use a variable:  4.75 16 80 Shift $s

Not sure what you are doing in the example ... if this is a drum beat you have too many args, but I'm sure you just typed too fast Smiley

Thanks for the Shift $s hint.

The example line was a bass track. In fact *all* tracks have been adjusted to delay the even sixteenths.  Doing the same thing for eights can be done with a single swing-mode setting, but for sixteenths it requires a lot of typing and looks ugly, which is why I was looking for sixteenth-swing in the first place.
bvdp
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #18 on: October 08, 2010, 04:33:36 PM »

Watch this space for an announcement later today or tomorrow ... I've got a few clean up things to do and then I'll put up another beta. I'm wondering if the 16th swing will work for you needs ... so let me know.

Best,

My online life: http://www.mellowood.ca
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: