Kara-Moon Forum
April 18, 2024, 05:31:44 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: You can go back to the main site here: Kara-Moon site

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Korg Electribe ESX1  (Read 8434 times)
elwoodblues1969
Kara-Moon Master

Studiophile,Audiophile & Synthophile.

« on: October 06, 2007, 11:22:13 PM »

I've finally decided on the most practicle piece of gear for my particular situation,to produce pattern sequencing with the Nord Lead 2X that I want!

This really handy piece of gear will fill the two voids I will have once I get the Nord,which are these;

Simple,user-friendly pattern sequencing,& effects implementation without the need to utilize my Zoom recorder,just to add effects to the Nord programs.

The midi sequencer has a 20,000 note capacity and the ESX1 has twin vacuum tubes & onboard synth sounds for some good sound layering options.

I thought I would pass along this info for those who are gear-heads like myself,who prefer this route over computer recording. Cool

I really like the idea of what I'll be able to accomplish with the Nord,in conjunction with the Korg music production sampler-for what is half the cost of the Kurzweil K2661. Grin

elwoodblues1969
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2007, 12:32:43 AM »

Note;

From what I have found in my research,the ESX1 does not have a quantize feature,-which shocked the hell out of me,because as a long term Korg user,I have never known Korg to leave out quantizing in thier workstations. Undecided Huh Shocked Roll Eyes

Finding alternative solutions to pc recording is going to be alot more difficult than I imagined.

kara
Kara-Moon, a site built by and for musicians
Global Moderator
Kara-Moon Master

Music is my middle name

« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2007, 08:50:51 AM »

The Korg Electribe brother from Yamaha , The RMX1 has quantize function
http://www.yamaha-europe.com/yamaha_europe/uk/10_musical_instruments/70_synthesizer/60_sequenzer_drumcomputer/10_sequenzer_drumcomputer/10_no_series/020_RM1x/index.html

you can allso download the manual from there.

k

_____oOo______ http://www.myspace.com/kaazduo

www.kara-moon.com, a site built by and for musicians
Support us at : http://www.mymajorcompany.com/Artistes/kaaz/
elwoodblues1969
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2007, 02:44:38 PM »

Kara,

Thanks very much for the info on the Yamaha,as it's a very stout machine,but for one thing-it has a floppy drive-which is a little too archaic,considering the low memory & vulnerablity of a floppy disk.

Secondly,I much prefer to buy something that has product support behind it,along with a guarantee-which is why I always stick to buying new.

There's not too many choices out there with regard to stand-alone sequencer modules these days due to favored pc use,but there is still the demand to have gear for live performances and Akai really seems to fit the bill,as well as my particular needs-more so than any other current product that's out there.

After having priced everything out for what I would need to upgrade my pc to do recording,it would cost me roughly $800 to $1,000 just for the tower & the audio interface,vs. the $700 for the Akai MPC500

I'll try out the Akai module to see how it will work with the Nord & if they do not interact well together,I'll just return it & go the pc route.

Thom

Moon
Global Moderator
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2007, 06:04:41 PM »

The akai is a good choice and it will go nicely with the Nord.

Or.... you could get an M3 and have karma controlled the Nord.... OK, sorry, I'm a very bad boy now...

sorry  Grin

Moon
Psy-T

Betroth to a TB-303

« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2007, 09:46:09 PM »

have you considered the Roland SP-555?
i can't say i have any hands-on experience with it, but i liked one of its predecessors (the SP808) with which i did have a little experience.

Creativity is a drug i cannot live without.
Cecil B. DeMille (1881 - 1959)
elwoodblues1969
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2007, 11:10:28 PM »

Thanks for the thought Psy-T,I did look into it & the price is attractive,but I discovered that it's not really set up to handle sequencing from a keyboard for complete songs,as it only has a memory of 8,000 notes.

Also,I did not like the single line,3 digit display on it.I do like the effects that the Sp-555 offers,but apart from that,it's inadequate for my purposes.

Thom

elwoodblues1969
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2007, 11:15:08 PM »

Moon,

Thanks for the vote of confidence on the Akai...that definately helps! Smiley

Thom

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: