Kara-Moon Forum
April 27, 2024, 07:31:42 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: You can go back to the main site here: Kara-Moon site

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: An Enchanted Valley  (Read 7436 times)
folderol
Kara-Moon Master

Who? Me?

« on: October 22, 2007, 07:11:52 PM »

Well I'm still in the creative doldrums, which is to put it mildly, irritating Sad
However, here's one I prepared earlier, as they say.

Like 'Sleepy Hollow' this was inspired by a real place, but one I've only ever seen once and doubt I'll ever find again. There is a castle and hamlet in a hidden valley in Scotland, that was completely covered by the early morning mist (about this time of year as I remeber). As the sun burns away the mist you first see the turrets, then the castle propper, then the hamlet, and finally the moat and lake.

P.S.
If anyone know where this is I'd like to hear. I was only a kid when we got lost and found the place!

* An_Enchanted_Valley.mp3 (3527.1 KB - downloaded 354 times.)

If you have a poem, I have a tune, and we exchange these, we can both have a poem, a tune, and a song.
- Will
kara
Kara-Moon, a site built by and for musicians
Global Moderator
Kara-Moon Master

Music is my middle name

« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2007, 07:41:17 PM »

There is a castle and hamlet in a hidden valley in Scotland, that was completely covered by the early morning mist
Honnestly that is half of Schotland, actually the whole Highlands ....

Beautifull song

k

_____oOo______ http://www.myspace.com/kaazduo

www.kara-moon.com, a site built by and for musicians
Support us at : http://www.mymajorcompany.com/Artistes/kaaz/
folderol
Kara-Moon Master

Who? Me?

« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2007, 06:33:40 PM »

Ha! I see you've visited ... at least once Smiley

I'm glad you like the song Cheesy

If you have a poem, I have a tune, and we exchange these, we can both have a poem, a tune, and a song.
- Will
Laguna Rising
Kara-Moon-Collective
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2007, 06:03:41 PM »

Very very nice atmosphere, music is in line with the theme  Wink

Cheers
folderol
Kara-Moon Master

Who? Me?

« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2007, 08:41:29 AM »

Thanks. The way the weather's been lately it almost fits here in the south  Undecided

- Will
elwoodblues1969
Kara-Moon Master

Studiophile,Audiophile & Synthophile.

« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2007, 09:48:16 PM »

Folderol,

Very symbolic melodies & great choice of sounds.Paints a very nice picture in my mind of what it must be like to have been there.

It has that cinematic feel to it...superb as a film score...a rather tasty tune. Cool

Thom

tem

tem

« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2007, 10:34:56 AM »

It gives a strong feeling and visuality folderol, especially the begining is perfect. I like that crisp pad you've chosen. An example in its merit, a gentle progression. Thanks for sharing ! 
folderol
Kara-Moon Master

Who? Me?

« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2007, 11:25:17 PM »

Thanks again guys for youre comments.

->Thom
I'm interested that you think this has a cinematic feel to it. As well as the mystery element, I was trying to capture the feeling of size. This place was huge (although that could have been distorted by the fact I was about 8-9)

->tem
I'm glad you picked up on the progression. I intended this to portray the developing scene.

- Will
folderol
Kara-Moon Master

Who? Me?

« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2007, 10:39:10 PM »

Well now, I think I just may have reason to celebrate Smiley

Talking about 'my' castle, one of the girls at work said, 'well why don't you just google for it'. Honestly, this had never before occurred to me Roll Eyes

Three of us happily wasted my employers time this afternoon chasing down Scottich castles - as one was the bosses daughter I think I'm absolved Wink

Eventually someone got the website for Inveraray Castle and BINGO Cheesy

The view on the home page is just about as close a fit to my memory as you could get Shocked

Square castle with four round turrets, by a lake, well Loch, to be precise. Instead of a moat there is a river that curves round half of it, but on checking the Ordinance Survey maps, there is a dead-end road to the north on a rise that would probably make this look like it went right round the castle. This would also fit with my memory of us being lost. In the 1950s there was very little difference between a Scottish highway, and a cart track Undecided

So, I think this is it Grin
« Last Edit: October 31, 2007, 11:08:09 PM by folderol » Logged

- Will
Oren
Kara-Moon Master

...just looking for clues...

« Reply #9 on: November 05, 2007, 08:26:48 AM »

Big and bold, lots of depth and texture.

The breathy, "wooden flute" sound represented (to me) the Celtic sensibilities of mysticism and nature. As a counterpoint, the pipe organ introduces the sense of the more recent Roman/Christian influence. A cultural dichotomy depicted in sound.

(am I reaching, here  Roll Eyes?)

Nice one, Will.

Oren.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: