Kara-Moon Forum
April 19, 2024, 02:18:58 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: You can go back to the main site here: Kara-Moon site

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Ion on reserve...  (Read 4246 times)
elwoodblues1969
Kara-Moon Master

Studiophile,Audiophile & Synthophile.

« on: November 09, 2007, 12:39:11 AM »

The other day,I have been told by my sales rep,that there were only 3 Alesis Ions left in stock & I made an attempt to lay down a deposit on one to hold it for a month,but my rep told me he could not hold it that long,because of the upcoming holidays.
He told me that he would keep me updated on the supply of this board & today he called to inform me that there was only one left!

I then decided to postpone paying off some of my bills to set aside the money & I asked him if he could hold it for a week until my next pay-day.

He accommodated my request & that's what I call customer service! Grin

I did put myself in a financial pickle though,as my paranoia set in about wondering what the availability of this keyboard will be like in the future. Roll Eyes Undecided

All that I know at this point,is that it's still in production,but Alesis is not revealing to anyone as to when they will ship out more Ions.

Alesis is a certifiable nightmare to deal with directly,as they give vague,yes or no answers,or they just brush you off completely & even Sweetwater finds Alesis to be a terrible pain in the *ss.

However though,once a product is purchased through Sweetwater-they are the only company you have to deal with for product support,so that is why I deal with Sweetwater mainly.

I think the Ion is the best product Alesis has made in recent years & given the aforementioned situation,I just had to jump on this opportunity-as otherwise,there's no telling when another Ion will be available....it could be as long as several months for all anyone knows.

All that being said,my Ion should be arriving the 19th of this month!! Grin Grin Grin Grin

kara
Kara-Moon, a site built by and for musicians
Global Moderator
Kara-Moon Master

Music is my middle name

« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2007, 08:12:58 AM »

It looks like we will have some good hardware reviews here in the near future.
I'm very interested in what you think of the Ion
And I know that Moon received his korg M3 this week  Grin

Looking forward to it

k

_____oOo______ http://www.myspace.com/kaazduo

www.kara-moon.com, a site built by and for musicians
Support us at : http://www.mymajorcompany.com/Artistes/kaaz/
elwoodblues1969
Kara-Moon Master

Studiophile,Audiophile & Synthophile.

« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2007, 11:55:23 AM »

Moon,

Congrats on your new Korg M3! Can't wait to hear what you create with it. Grin

Cheers,

Thom

Moon
Global Moderator
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2007, 03:23:14 PM »

Yes, I have the M3 and it's a beauty.

I've started experimenting. Very nice instrument with many features. If I have something worth listening too, I'll post it on the site !

Moon
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: