Kara-Moon Forum
April 27, 2024, 10:24:01 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: You can go back to the main site here: Kara-Moon site

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: nov 16 muse  (Read 8090 times)
deaf dunderkwac

« on: November 17, 2007, 02:31:19 AM »

here's todays offerings to the mused goddesses called "through a stained windshield"
using the vst(i)'s:
string theory (I understand the string theory has been one-upped)
Crystal (one of my fav's)
Drumatic #
Chimera
and various samples underscored with ariesverb vst(e) reverb

it's not exactly musical, but a play on rhythms, done in 4/4 and is my experiments in anti-muzac (as in not able to completely unconsciously listen)
edited because I put the wrong date in the subject lol
« Last Edit: November 17, 2007, 11:04:08 PM by deaf dunderkwac » Logged
kara
Kara-Moon, a site built by and for musicians
Global Moderator
Kara-Moon Master

Music is my middle name

« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2007, 09:15:00 AM »

Very experimental and very interesting.
A style all by itself  Grin
It's quit special, alltough it doesn't realy have a flow it keeps the listeners attention. And each time you think, yep I got it, it changes  Roll Eyes

Nice one

k

_____oOo______ http://www.myspace.com/kaazduo

www.kara-moon.com, a site built by and for musicians
Support us at : http://www.mymajorcompany.com/Artistes/kaaz/
Laguna Rising
Kara-Moon-Collective
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2007, 09:59:22 AM »

A fresh gust of wind of experimentalism is needed here  Wink
Great introduction
The rhythmic element is stronger than the melodic one, and I realized it after listening to your last tracks (many months ago)
There's a nice game of accents going on, and it could have sounded better with real drums, you know when you hit a skin already moving is different and it's hardly simulated with samples, vsts. etc..
This is not noisy rock music, this is produced very well and you can hear every single beat, you should hire Mickey Hart... Grin
But I like the track and the feel and you achieved an excellent result here.

Let your musical inspiration flow, (when you're in mood for it...) Cool

Cheers
rharv
Use in Moderation
Kara-Moon-Collective
Kara-Moon Master

Glad to be here

« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2007, 10:31:32 AM »

Interesting indeed.  Creative and experimental.  I think a BillBruford type drum thing to tie it together would be perfect, but I also think you are going for something different. than that. I enjoyed it.
 First time I've heard from you, obviously others here are more familiar and able to compare it to previous stuff.

Make your sound your own!

http://www.motagator.net/bands/556/
Fred S
Moderators Views

« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2007, 12:43:27 PM »

"through a stained windshield"
I don't get it  Wink 

Maybe wash it at next fill up Cheesy

I like the structured unstructure and the musical anti-muzac! Reminds me of just before band practice...the keyboard guy just got a new synth he's playing with and the drummer's warming up his chops...oblivious, yet somehow connected.

folderol
Kara-Moon Master

Who? Me?

« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2007, 11:36:08 PM »

This very interesting, but to me is quite frustrating. It seems to nearly start to go somewhere, then stop and switch, then nearly start again etc.  Undecided

If you have a poem, I have a tune, and we exchange these, we can both have a poem, a tune, and a song.
- Will
deaf dunderkwac

« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2007, 11:46:15 PM »

A style all by itself  Grin
It's quit special, alltough it doesn't realy have a flow it keeps the listeners attention. And each time you think, yep I got it, it changes  Roll Eyes

Nice one

k

Thanks Kara,
I've been playing around with focusing on percussive things as the lead instrument for awhile now. Most of my work since about June this year lean this way.
Haha, seem like everytime I start a melody I end up scribbling all over it like a child with a coloring book.
drawing "outside the lines".
I then toss out the stuff "between the lines" and am left with one of these skeletal  sound scribbles.

A fresh gust of wind of experimentalism is needed here  Wink
Great introduction
The rhythmic element is stronger than the melodic one, and I realized it after listening to your last tracks (many months ago)
There's a nice game of accents going on, and it could have sounded better with real drums, you know when you hit a skin already moving is different and it's hardly simulated with samples, vsts. etc..
This is not noisy rock music, this is produced very well and you can hear every single beat, you should hire Mickey Hart... Grin
But I like the track and the feel and you achieved an excellent result here.

Let your musical inspiration flow, (when you're in mood for it...) Cool

Cheers
Hi Lb... caught on to the trend I've been locked into this year  Wink
Much of it never gets past the "8 bars" syndrome. But I've really liked a few of them (well, maybe about two of them)
Much of the work is emotionless, some of it is made to evoke imagery but lately it's mainly been crap! I wish my hearing was better as programming drum nuances is such a pain to do!
If I wasn't doing these things as a Hobby I'd consider using a real drummer (or 2 lol)
Interesting indeed.  Creative and experimental.  I think a BillBruford type drum thing to tie it together would be perfect, but I also think you are going for something different. than that. I enjoyed it.
 First time I've heard from you, obviously others here are more familiar and able to compare it to previous stuff.
Hi rharv, nice to meet you...
 heh, I've been around a bit ( perhaps for too long) Grin
I didn't join this forum right away as I was in a transitional state
 I'm just an old guy who's always searching for a different path from the one I'm currently on (helps to confuse the ghosts) BB as a drummer would be great! Could you see if he'd do it? lol
"through a stained windshield"
I don't get it  Wink 

Maybe wash it at next fill up Cheesy

I like the structured unstructure and the musical anti-muzac! Reminds me of just before band practice...the keyboard guy just got a new synth he's playing with and the drummer's warming up his chops...oblivious, yet somehow connected.

Thanks Fred!, I know how much you normally like my weird crap lol
I was going for the sound of someone dropping pieces of their drum kit but instead I came up with this!

I like to take picture through my windshield as I move place to place and sometimes the camera focussed on the dirt and squished bugs (ha, you don' think I'd actually look at the camera while I was driving!)
hence the title...

This very interesting, but to me is quite frustrating. It seems to nearly start to go somewhere, then stop and switch, then nearly start again etc.  Undecided
[old hippy] right on, dude[old hippy]
You caught me folderol...
this is why much of my work these days is total crap but I hope my explanations a will help to explain my transgressions in my so-called art
almost all the work since last February has been indecisive. and meanders around without a destination.

Thanks for the comments!

-Bill
blipp
Kara-Moon-Collective

« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2007, 09:54:12 PM »

Classic dunderkwac. This does seem to be all over the place, but you do seem to have a talent for making it sound as though it all fits together. Don't know how you do that, but it always sounds interesting. I think your brain is back to front.  Grin Grin Loved the manic, off-beat percussion that comes in, fits the rest perfectly.  Excellent.  Smiley
deaf dunderkwac

« Reply #8 on: November 24, 2007, 02:57:59 AM »

Classic dunderkwac.

but it strays way far from where I was heading as in this other tune...where I'd like to do some other pieces

* P O G.dreams.mp3 (2111.95 KB - downloaded 299 times.)
elwoodblues1969
Kara-Moon Master

Studiophile,Audiophile & Synthophile.

« Reply #9 on: November 24, 2007, 03:35:36 AM »

Hello,

There's definately a conundrum of interesting elements happening in the Nov.16 Muse,but I would like to hear a common thread throughout the whole song to tie it together,so that it's more like the Dreaming song.

Some of this stuff makes me think of the band-Tones On Tail..very cool stuff. Cool

Thom

deaf dunderkwac

« Reply #10 on: November 24, 2007, 05:42:32 AM »

Hello,

I would like to hear a common thread throughout the whole song to tie it together,so that it's more like the Dreaming song.

Thom
I know I'm having a block of sorts, but I'm working on it, albeit, slowly... Grin
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: