Kara-Moon Forum
April 27, 2024, 10:33:25 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: You can go back to the main site here: Kara-Moon site

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Saggitarius (and a new project)  (Read 11432 times)
Servetus

Heretic

« on: November 29, 2007, 09:28:18 PM »

Saggitarius is an unfortunate piece.. My hard drives burst into flames (not literally though I dare say I would have been happier if they had) and I lost a great deal of data, foolish me for not making more back ups. One of the long lost files is this song, I was making it for a friend I was off to visit and was a little rushed, so the mix is a bit muddy, the song isn't as long as I wanted and the transitions are a little jerky, still it was a forward step in my musical progression and I like it.

So have a listen and tell me what you think! Cheesy

Oh and '02' is what I'm working on currently, I'd appreciate some constructive criticism.

-Servetus

* Saggitarius.mp3 (1905 KB - downloaded 338 times.)
* 02.mp3 (545.8 KB - downloaded 322 times.)

I like.. sound.
Laguna Rising
Kara-Moon-Collective
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2007, 10:59:59 PM »

I was born a Sagittarius...  Wink
I like the original drum sounds and the mysterious feel built by the melodic use of bells
Simple but it works great

02 has an interesting intro it makes me think of rowing a boat into the hazy winter morning.
That's a promising intro

Cheers
elwoodblues1969
Kara-Moon Master

Studiophile,Audiophile & Synthophile.

« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2007, 11:28:17 PM »

Servetus,

Your Saggitarius piece would be a fantastic foundation for a full blown instrumental piece,as the arrangment of the drum track has an enormous amount of life to it.

If it had a bass line & some chord progressions-such as that of an ambient type song,it would be a masterpiece.

If you are interested,I would like to add more to your piece,as it's giving me ideas that I would like to run with.

Are you up for it?

Elwood

Servetus

Heretic

« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2007, 11:38:32 PM »

Thank you very much Laguna. I'm glad you enjoyed it.

And thank you Elwood- the problem is that I have lost the source file completely- I could try to re-work it (and probably will) but it will be a a minor jaunt through hell. So . . . Well I would love to, but yeah.  Huh Sad

Danka.
-Servetus

I like.. sound.
elwoodblues1969
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2007, 01:05:07 AM »

Servetus,

If you don't object to me doing this,I could just download to cd, with what you have here & I would then record it to my sampler in my Korg,brighten it up a bit with effects and then record it to my Zoom multi track recorder and add to it from there.

I just recently bought an Alesis Ion,so there's plenty to work with on my end and at the very least,if you don't like the end result-no big deal,as I just wanted to show you my ideas for your piece,if nothing else.

Elwood

Servetus

Heretic

« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2007, 01:10:11 AM »

Ah. Alrighty. Yeah, I have no objections- I've never collaborated/ remixed (or anything near it) with anyone, so I'd be glad to see where you go with it.

Sample away.  Grin

-Servetus

I like.. sound.
kara
Kara-Moon, a site built by and for musicians
Global Moderator
Kara-Moon Master

Music is my middle name

« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2007, 07:50:54 AM »

I'm looking forward to the result of that collab  Cool
Sagitarius has a lot of potential !

k

_____oOo______ http://www.myspace.com/kaazduo

www.kara-moon.com, a site built by and for musicians
Support us at : http://www.mymajorcompany.com/Artistes/kaaz/
elwoodblues1969
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2007, 10:29:30 PM »

Servetus,

This will be my first collaboration as well. Cool I just ordered a 12 channel mixer with built in effects-which is a piece of gear that is essential to my set up & will be particularly useful with this collaboration.

Once the mixer arrives(which should be in a couple of days),I will then get cracking on laying down my ideas for this project. Smiley

Will keep you posted..... Grin

Elwood

Wyatt
Kara-Moon-Collective
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2007, 11:02:15 PM »

Glad to hear you guys are going to have a go at a collab.
..they can be really interesting.

Can't wait to hear it.

Wyatt

Servetus

Heretic

« Reply #9 on: December 02, 2007, 09:15:29 PM »

Cool

Right on. I look forward to it very much- and, out of curiosity, what mixer are you getting?

Thanks for the interest Wyatt.

-Servetus

I like.. sound.
elwoodblues1969
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #10 on: December 03, 2007, 01:38:49 AM »

I'm getting the Samson MDR 1248 12 channel mixer...however though,I am currently having technical problems with my Alesis Ion-which I am hoping to have resolved by the time the mixer arrives. Huh Angry

I may have corrupted all the data in the Ion and it may be my fault.

In an attempt to use a sequenced track from my Korg to play through my Ion,I tried setting up the corresponding midi channel on the Ion,but instead,I am currently in a permanent setting that I cannot get out of!!

Here's my situation;

Starting with the low keys from left to right,the first 5 keys play the current program patch and it's also layered with a percussion sound.

The next 19 keys have a different program patch on them.

The next 25 keys have yet another program patch playing and this layer/split setting remains,regardless of what program I am in.

I tried executing the Global Reset button,but that did not fix anything.

I'm guessing that I either have a defective board,or that I created a problem that can only be fixed by reseting the entire synth back to the factory default setting.

If this is the case,I will lose all of my custom user programs that I have created and if this happens,I will no longer have any desire to create music,because I don't see how I could ever duplicate those same exact sounds again.

I am really stuck in a nightmare right now and I don't know what to do with myself.

Any & all projects are on hold right now until further notice,I'm sorry to say. Cry

Elwood

kara
Global Moderator
Kara-Moon Master

Music is my middle name

« Reply #11 on: December 03, 2007, 11:15:50 AM »

I don't know the Ion, but it sounds to me as a simular situation on other synths I have.
My Roland synths can be in 2 modes.
Patch mode and performance mode.
In patch mode they will play only the active patch
In performance I can split keyboards and layer patches over the keyboard as I want... , this sounds like the situation in which you are ?

Does the manual says something about those 2 modes ?
Just trying to help....

k

Here's my situation;

Starting with the low keys from left to right,the first 5 keys play the current program patch and it's also layered with a percussion sound.

The next 19 keys have a different program patch on them.

The next 25 keys have yet another program patch playing and this layer/split setting remains,regardless of what program I am in.

I tried executing the Global Reset button,but that did not fix anything.

I'm guessing that I either have a defective board,or that I created a problem that can only be fixed by reseting the entire synth back to the factory default setting.

If this is the case,I will lose all of my custom user programs that I have created and if this happens,I will no longer have any desire to create music,because I don't see how I could ever duplicate those same exact sounds again.

I am really stuck in a nightmare right now and I don't know what to do with myself.

Any & all projects are on hold right now until further notice,I'm sorry to say. Cry

Elwood

elwoodblues1969
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #12 on: December 03, 2007, 12:29:56 PM »

Kara,

Thanks for your input..very much appreciated,but what worries me though,is that whatever that I had done,was done in the Global mode and I hit Global Reset,so that should have set everything to the default setting,yes?

What I have noticed about this synth,is that whatever changes(in my case mistakes) that is made,it is stored into the memory & remains that way until you manually alter them.

Since I am so protective of my saved program user patches,I don't think its wise for me tinker with the problem until I speak to my Sweetwater sales engineer.

I of course,welcome any & all input from everyone here,but I am going to wait until
I hear from my sales rep before I make a move.

I guess that I really need to familiarize myself with the Ion completely,inside & out and do all the research thoroughly,before I touch this keyboard again.

I just don't feel comfortable touching the keyboard,because if I lose my user sounds,it will be an utter catastrophe.

Thanks,

Elwood

kara
Global Moderator
Kara-Moon Master

Music is my middle name

« Reply #13 on: December 03, 2007, 01:05:47 PM »

Thom,

I understand that you don't want to take the risk to alter your user patches.
I've browsed trough the manual of the Ion, which isn't exactly an example of a 'good' manual  Grin
Still, as I understand it, you don't take a lot of risk to loose your user patches since there are 2 setups in the Ion, patches (parts) and setups (program).
I've never seen an Ion, but as I understand it from the manual, in the main menu you see in the middle of the screen, something like
'setup 31 - Bass/pad split' and that is the setup that determines which parts are played on what keys and how those are layered and splitted. This has no influence on the actual parts and how the parts are programmed.

As I understand it, you've propably changed the active setup (program)
So nothing of your user programs are lost. The only thing you have to do is alter the active program or create a new one.

But I understand that you don't want to take any risk....

k

Edit :
And another remark.
If you're worried to loose your user created patches, you definitivly have to find a way to store your user patches. The ION doesn't have a storage device, the only way to store your user patches is to send them via SYSEX to an external sequencer or software that can recieve and send this.
You certainly have to give this priority, it is the only way to realy save your user patches. If for some reason, your ION hangs or you have to restore to factory preset, you'll loose all user data.

« Last Edit: December 03, 2007, 01:15:10 PM by kara » Logged

elwoodblues1969
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #14 on: December 03, 2007, 11:55:11 PM »

Kara,

You were right about the active setup program,as it was changed inadvertantly,as I must have brushed across the buttons somehow & I accidently altered the set up. Grin

I originally was thumbing through the Global mode,as I figured the midi configurations would be in there,but as it turns out,the midid functions are located in the active panel buttons.

I never intentionally tinkered with the active panel,so as a result,I was in a panic over it,because I was unable to trace my steps to try and trouble shoot what I had done wrong-so as a result,the keyboard being split up with various sounds was a complete mystery & I freaked. Shocked Grin

Thanks for taking the time to read over the Ion manual...you're very kind for doing so & I am grateful.

Needless to say,I'm back in business & I'm just waiting for my mixer to arrive!! Grin

Elwood

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: