Kara-Moon Forum
April 28, 2024, 08:14:30 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: You can go back to the main site here: Kara-Moon site

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Thom & James X-Mas Duet  (Read 6231 times)
elwoodblues1969
Kara-Moon Master

Studiophile,Audiophile & Synthophile.

« on: December 18, 2007, 07:17:41 PM »

Just to show the progress of the project & maybe also generate more enthusiam for more people to join in- Grin-I thought I'd let everyone hear the preliminary stuff.

I had to sample James's voice a couple lines at a time and record the track in segments to get his vocals to line up,as I sensed his timing was a bit off(the bpm's were correct,but his timing in the singing was not quite matched to the original vocals of the original recording).

However though,considering that James probably had not heard this song in many years and coupled with the fact that he only had a 1/2 an hour to work on it,he did an incredible job!!

Thanks so much James,as your contribution is a wonderful addition to this project & I hope that other members have the time to join in!

For anyone adding thier vocals,just record at 118 bpm's & send it in MP3 or WAV to my e-mail:

greendeathstudio@aol.com

Thanks,

Thom

* Thom & James X-Mas Duet.mp3 (3514.49 KB - downloaded 244 times.)

Martin E
Kara-Moon-Collective

« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2007, 07:58:50 PM »

Yeah, sorry. Didn't have time yet to do anything. I'll hope to do something tomorrow.
offthewall
Kara-Moon-Collective
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2007, 10:12:06 PM »

Shocked
Well.........after hearing that......I hope some others will come forward so that Thom can replace some of my horrid parts!!!
I only did the whole song for quickness and so that he could snip out the one or two reasonable phrases.  Embarrassed

Wink
James

elwoodblues1969
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2007, 12:31:37 AM »

James,

Since you are not a singer by trade & again,considering your time constraints,you did a great job-enough so,that your're vocal track was usable & I am content with the results. Smiley

That being said,I am not replacing your vocals with anyone else's,but rather I am going to just layer them along side yours.

Don't fret over your performance,because I am happy with it and thanks again for your time & efforts.

Martin,

Not to worry about not getting it done yet,as this is no problem.As long as everyone's vocals are e-mailed to me by Saturday evening,than I can spend all day Sunday wrapping everything up in time for Christmas Eve.

I am hoping to have everyone's vocals done by this time,so that my family can listen to the cd of this project. Cheesy

If time is too short & no one can manage enough time for this project,I completely understand-as I realize that most everyone one here has a much busier schedule than I do and the time frame for this project is slim at best.

I was hoping to at least get one more person's vocals by the end of the week,but if not,the song is fine the way it is now. Smiley

Cheers & happy holidays,

Thom

kara
Kara-Moon, a site built by and for musicians
Global Moderator
Kara-Moon Master

Music is my middle name

« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2007, 09:12:18 AM »

You'll get a femal voice too, with some french accent  Roll Eyes
At least, if I get out of bed and get rid of that flue before saterday....

k

_____oOo______ http://www.myspace.com/kaazduo

www.kara-moon.com, a site built by and for musicians
Support us at : http://www.mymajorcompany.com/Artistes/kaaz/
elwoodblues1969
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2007, 12:32:49 PM »

K,

I'm sorry to hear that you are down with the flu.I hope you feel better soon.
Don't they have flu shots available there in France? Huh

It certainly would be wonderful to have yours & Azell's talent on this song,but if not,I'm sure someone will chime in by the end of the week. Smiley

Thanks,

Thom

Martin E
Kara-Moon-Collective

« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2007, 07:05:04 PM »

Hi Thom. Here are two files : one harmony file and one file with a single backing voice

I've put them here because it's easier for me since I don't have email on my music computer.

Hope you can work with the files. If there are any problems let me know.

http://www.martin-e-music.nl/mixthread/Harmony%20Backing.mp3

http://www.martin-e-music.nl/mixthread/Single%20voice%20backing.mp3
elwoodblues1969
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2007, 09:30:37 PM »

Martin,

I just listened to your files & they sound fantastic. Afro

The files will definately be workable & it will be no problem whatsoever,as I can already tell that these tracks will blend seamlessly. Smiley

I am going to get cracking on adding this right away...thanks a mint!

Thom

elwoodblues1969
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #8 on: December 19, 2007, 11:25:55 PM »

Ok....Martin's vocals are in & the project is really starting to come to it's fruition. Grin

Of course though,the more the merrier,so I will be anxiously awaiting to see if anyone else can contribute. Cheesy

Thom

elwoodblues1969
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #9 on: December 21, 2007, 11:20:45 PM »

There's something that has been weighing on my mind for a few days that is bothering me.

I checked my e-mail from my brother's computer a few days ago on the 17th and I recieved what looked like an e-mail from someone on this forum,but when I clicked on the e-mail,it disappeared. Huh

When I had gone home later that night,I checked my e-mail again,but there was no trace that I had ever recieved the e-mail.

I was wondering if anyone besides James or Martin had sent me a vocal track?

Thom

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: