Kara-Moon Forum
April 20, 2024, 08:02:03 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: You can go back to the main site here: Kara-Moon site

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: UPS in the studio ?  (Read 4398 times)
Moon
Global Moderator
Kara-Moon Master

« on: January 05, 2008, 02:22:11 PM »

I don't know if many people are doing this, but I've installed an UPS in my studio: safe and clean power for my studio gear. I've choosen the MG Ellipse 1500 USBS which operations is dead-silent. OK, it is an extra cost, but it's keeping my equipment safer as well...

Moon
folderol
Kara-Moon Master

Who? Me?

« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2008, 03:23:58 PM »

Looks like a good piece of kit.

I've tried to find a fully isolated unit (no continuous earth) but they are as rare as hens teeth Sad

The absence of an earth (with the appropriate safety features of course) gives you another level of protection as well as freedom from earth loops.

If you have a poem, I have a tune, and we exchange these, we can both have a poem, a tune, and a song.
- Will
rharv
Use in Moderation
Kara-Moon-Collective
Kara-Moon Master

Glad to be here

« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2008, 03:50:49 PM »

Yep, the music computer is on a UPS here too. At least I'll have time to save in a worst-case scenario.

The rest of the stuff is just on surge protector/GFCi protection. Won't be much data to lose in mixers, FX, and synths..

Make your sound your own!

http://www.motagator.net/bands/556/
Laguna Rising
Kara-Moon-Collective
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2008, 03:55:51 PM »

I think that's good
Apart from the main feature which is the supply of electricity in case of power failure, I agree with folderol you can have 'clean' power and it can help to avoid various noises and guarantee protection for devices and for yourself (although nowdays its very uncommon to hear of injury or damage)

Cheers
Moon
Global Moderator
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2008, 08:54:49 PM »

Aha, good to see that putting an ups in the studio wasn't such a strange idea after all !  Wink

Moon
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: