Kara-Moon Forum
April 24, 2024, 03:55:24 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: You can go back to the main site here: Kara-Moon site

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Project X  (Read 7527 times)
elwoodblues1969
Kara-Moon Master

Studiophile,Audiophile & Synthophile.

« on: January 13, 2008, 03:45:25 AM »

I was working on a specific project,but it did not develop as I had planned,but rather instead,it spontaneously combusted into this groove and as a result,it veered into a completely different direction-so I went with the flow...

* ProjectX.mp3 (2059.39 KB - downloaded 355 times.)

Laguna Rising
Kara-Moon-Collective
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2008, 09:51:03 AM »

so I went with the flow...

Well done, this is not my cup of tea but I must admit it works great. Excellent choice of sounds, they all fit in very well.
I noticed drums are not too much fat, and I was expecting that, but probably in the end it pays to have it the way you choose: Clean=much more clarity and they aren't certainly lacking power. Wisely done

Cheers
kara
Kara-Moon, a site built by and for musicians
Global Moderator
Kara-Moon Master

Music is my middle name

« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2008, 09:56:20 AM »

Interesting....
I hear a couple of very good breakbeats in there, did you program those yourself.

It is true that with electronic instruments, some sounds just push you in a certain direction, even if you didn't plan for it. It's just the flow of sounds that gives you the direction.

k

_____oOo______ http://www.myspace.com/kaazduo

www.kara-moon.com, a site built by and for musicians
Support us at : http://www.mymajorcompany.com/Artistes/kaaz/
Oren
Kara-Moon Master

...just looking for clues...

« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2008, 01:34:00 PM »

Thom,

This one is cute....percussive ideas explored. I particularly enjoyed the last third where the drums were a little less aggressive.

Loads of potential,

Oren.

Moon
Global Moderator
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2008, 04:26:46 PM »

I agree, has lots of pottential, but needs more work.

I guess now I'm waiting for version 2 ?

P.S.: the last 30 seconds are my favourite part !

Moon
elwoodblues1969
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2008, 05:03:47 PM »

L.R.,

Yes,as a matter of fact,I purposely had the bass rolled off to accentuate the bass & synth melody & also,there was no more room for any further bass without reaching distortion levels,so ultimately it was the most logical choice.

Kara,

The breakbeat consisted of a single programmed Korg drum track & a couple of sounds from my Alesis and the ending breakbeat was all from my Korg.

As for pre-programmed drum patterns,none were used,as I prefer to program patterns myself...as I gave up on relying on pre-programmed stuff when I stepped up from my Casio to a Korg in the late 80's. Grin

Oren,

This piece is the product of a defeated theme that was salvaged by striking a stray note & utilizing all the tools that were available to me & I think it worked out pretty well,as I needed more dance music for my MP3 player for my workouts at the gym anyway-so it served it's purpose. Cheesy

Moon,

Everyone seems to favor the last segment of this piece...very interesting...hmmm. Grin

As for a second version,I am sure this will happen,as when all the planets are in alignment and I refine my center,it will come to be. Grin

Thanks for all the input & comments guys-much appreciated.

Cheers,

Thom

folderol
Kara-Moon Master

Who? Me?

« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2008, 09:58:56 PM »

Very interesting sort of musical switch here. I could see it as a demo piece if you were trying to 'sell' your setup to a newbie Smiley

You cover a wide range of effects with a continually shifting style.

P.S.

When a tune takes on it's own life, it's always best to let it go, and just try to grab its coat-tails Grin

If you have a poem, I have a tune, and we exchange these, we can both have a poem, a tune, and a song.
- Will
elwoodblues1969
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2008, 01:53:19 AM »

Will,

I like your metaphors used to describe the outcome of my song-very artful. Smiley

Thanks for the comments,

Thom

MarioD
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2008, 08:46:11 PM »

Thom, this is something I don’t normally listen to but with some of those tid-bits you threw in I’m going to start paying more attention to this genre.

Overall I thought this was very good, however like the others, I liked the last segment the best.

Great choice of sounds throughout!

The older I get the better I was!
elwoodblues1969
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2008, 09:11:16 PM »

Mario,

Stunningly nice praise you gave my song...thanks a mint!

Thom

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: