Kara-Moon Forum
April 28, 2024, 07:03:26 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: You can go back to the main site here: Kara-Moon site

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: My first song  (Read 10411 times)
botma

« on: February 18, 2008, 11:21:44 PM »

Hi all,

Wrote a song. Why? Because I never wrote a song before and now I am hanging around those that do. So if I never write another I can say, I wrote a song. Which brings me here to see if it could be called a song.

I am posting it to find out. I am a lead guitar player and know little about chords. I had some help with the chords but he is  a jazz rhythm guitar player and this song is not jazz. Don’t really know what Genre I could call it. It is about Spring and for no other reason it is in Bb.

I have the Lyrics and will post them if you would like. One day I will get Terri, a vocal to come here and record the Lyrics. Any suggestions  on any improvements would be a help. I used Biab Orchestral Piano Arpeggios style and the instrument is a Clarinet. Other then that, it is not a Biab song. I wrote the melody. When the vocal sings the song I will change the key to suit and play the melody using the guitar. Hope the song is attached ok.   

* Waiting For Spring.mp3 (1737.96 KB - downloaded 433 times.)

Botma
folderol
Kara-Moon Master

Who? Me?

« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2008, 11:51:33 PM »

Yes you have definitely written a song and a very smooth gentle one too.

I'll be interested to hear it with a vocal part, and also maybe with a light brush or other minimal percussion.

If you have a poem, I have a tune, and we exchange these, we can both have a poem, a tune, and a song.
- Will
Oren
Kara-Moon Master

...just looking for clues...

« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2008, 03:22:12 AM »

Sounds good, Harold!

This one would fit nicely into the "folk" category, or maybe "easy listening". Be sure to post the lyrics when your singer lays down the vocal track.

Carry on, McDuff  Grin

MarioD
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2008, 03:28:27 PM »

Yes you have definitely written a song and a very smooth gentle one too.

I'll be interested to hear it with a vocal part, and also maybe with a light brush or other minimal percussion.

Ditto

If this is the first song you have ever written you are off to a great start!

The older I get the better I was!
botma

« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2008, 04:23:10 PM »

Folderol, Thanks. I went to your site. Stayed there a long time. Great songs. Hi Oren and MarioD. Thanks very much. Terri, the vocal is moving to PA. I will have to wait in line before getting her here to record. The words are below. Chords may not line up. 

Bb         F7    Bb
Wait-in for the Rob-ins to re-turn
                                Eb
Tell-in us Spring is here
F7            Bb    F7              Bb
Warm air Sun-light Tulips bloom
                             Gm
March winds will come
F7   Cm        F7         F
The winters snow is gone
Cm7             F7                   Cm7     
Soon all the World will be in bloom.
                    Bb
Waiting for Spring again.

Verse 2.
                     Bb     F7          Bb
Listen to the early morn-in Lark.
                                Eb
Sing-in her song of love.
F7            Bb         F7           Bb 
It’s Mate answers her Love call
                  F7         Cm        F7
Easter baskets will soon be full
         F                       G
With jelly beans and eggs
F7                    Cm7 F7   
Hot cross buns and Soda bread
                        Bb
In the stores for us.
                              Eb             
Farmers Plow-in, in the fields
                                Bb
People fishing again
                Bb
Spring is here

Where Life begins a-gain.

« Last Edit: February 19, 2008, 11:17:15 PM by botma » Logged

Botma
offthewall
Kara-Moon-Collective
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2008, 05:53:28 PM »

Cool
That has the makings of a good song. It's a pity we don't have any female singers on this forum that would take this up as a collab.
Good luck with waiting in line.....hope the spring isn't over by then!
 Wink
James

kara
Kara-Moon, a site built by and for musicians
Global Moderator
Kara-Moon Master

Music is my middle name

« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2008, 07:09:49 PM »

Sounds great  Cool
If this is your first song you've written, you have to continu this. I'm sure other great ones are comming up 

k

_____oOo______ http://www.myspace.com/kaazduo

www.kara-moon.com, a site built by and for musicians
Support us at : http://www.mymajorcompany.com/Artistes/kaaz/
prsings

« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2008, 03:51:03 AM »

Nice first song, I really look forward to the vocal/guitar version. I agree with the idea of a little light percussion to glue it together. Keep at it.
botma

« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2008, 12:55:11 AM »

Things not going to well getting a vocal. Terri could do it. She just sang, When ever I feel afraid, Hello young lovers and Shall we dance at the Sunday Big Band Concert but, she is to busy moving away and we will lose her in May. If you would like to hear her I attached her singing that medley from the King and I.

My sister could do it. She could give Terri a run for her money too but, She gave up singing many years ago. She is 76 now. I did call her and she came here and we tried but I could tell she has to practice. We did work a long time on the song and I could hear her getting back in the grove. She can do it if she stays with it. She said she will be back next month.

She has the Lyrics and the MP3. That will help her. So I have to wait. I tried getting a little brush in but it was to much a Jazz style. The arpeggio seems to fit the song well. I’ll keep trying. Hope you like Terri. We all have been together many years but now we are well into the 70’s and do not play out any more. Terri is playing Bass and singing for The Imperial Big Band. A free Concert Band. No one gets paid. PS I recorded this with the Zoom H2. No one knew I was recording. Just let it sit on the table.

* Terri.mp3 (5677.96 KB - downloaded 309 times.)

Botma
MarioD
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2008, 01:19:17 AM »

Man, that brought back memories.  I played in the pit orchestra for a lot of musicals.  This was super.

Terri has a great voice for musicals.

The older I get the better I was!
Mike

« Reply #10 on: March 20, 2008, 05:29:54 PM »

Nice first song, I really look forward to the vocal/guitar version. I agree with the idea of a little light percussion to glue it together. Keep at it.

Totaly agreed. Very nice song indeed.

Mike

botma

« Reply #11 on: March 21, 2008, 01:47:46 AM »

Hi Mike and Mario, I hope to get Terri to record my song. She is moving out of state and is very busy. Will just have to wait for the right time. Thanks for getting back to me.

Botma
Laguna Rising
Kara-Moon-Collective
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #12 on: April 05, 2008, 08:58:48 AM »

This is a great start with a nice song and melody
I look forward for more

Cheers
Moon
Global Moderator
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #13 on: April 05, 2008, 09:46:26 AM »

Botma, you've got a nice song going there. I'm looking out hearing the next version.

About the female singers: We need to get in touch with some singers ! There are a lot of singers or "wannabees" out there that can't record, on the other hand we have a lot of people who can record. We defenitly must attaract some singers, male and female. I'll discus this issue with the other moderators...

Moon
« Last Edit: April 05, 2008, 09:55:50 AM by Moon » Logged
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: