Kara-Moon Forum
April 27, 2024, 06:58:10 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: You can go back to the main site here: Kara-Moon site

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Demoned  (Read 7368 times)
Moon
Global Moderator
Kara-Moon Master

« on: February 24, 2008, 07:33:41 PM »

I had a lot of fun making this one. To be honest, when building this song was not particulary proud of what I was doing, but after my first audience test, Kara claimed he liked this. First time we were sharing actually the same type of music ?

Anyway, the result is here and I hope you enjoy this first semi-finished version.

All comments, good or bad are much appreciated !

Moon

http://www.kara-moon.com/download_song.php?download_id=4497
kara
Kara-Moon, a site built by and for musicians
Global Moderator
Kara-Moon Master

Music is my middle name

« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2008, 07:43:36 PM »

Well, I listened to this allreay a couple of time, trough private e-mail  Grin
It's true I liked it, alltough it's pretty simple in arrangement it's allso clever in arrangement ! It has a good hook and it keeps the listeners attention with some litle variations on the main theme, very well done. Allso the break is well done, it deviates from the theme as a break should do, but still keeps the links with the theme, nice touch.

Now what it lacks in the actual stage (me thinks  Embarrassed ) to make it a great song, is a couple of supporting tracks, style what Marc can do.
Perhaps you should put it up in the collab tread Moon ?

But, you are right, it is the first track of you that I realy like  Cool

k

_____oOo______ http://www.myspace.com/kaazduo

www.kara-moon.com, a site built by and for musicians
Support us at : http://www.mymajorcompany.com/Artistes/kaaz/
Laguna Rising
Kara-Moon-Collective
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2008, 07:45:59 PM »

I like it ! Great intro and good follow-up recalling the starting bell-synth melody
Good rhythm and nice variations + break

I hope you enjoy this first semi-finished version.

I'm not that much on the electronic side but I like it

Cheers
folderol
Kara-Moon Master

Who? Me?

« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2008, 08:32:28 PM »

This is a very interesting 'border' tune. I think it could go either ambient or trance. Effective contrast of instruments and the sound never gets too 'thick'. Like the breaks. In places I thought it had a decidedly Bronski Beat flavour to it.

If you have a poem, I have a tune, and we exchange these, we can both have a poem, a tune, and a song.
- Will
elwoodblues1969
Kara-Moon Master

Studiophile,Audiophile & Synthophile.

« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2008, 12:09:16 AM »

Moon,

I'm with Will on this one,as the band Bronski Beat is one of the bands I had thought of when I heard this piece and it also reminded me of bands like Erasure & Yaz.
While I do love quite a bit of 80's electronica,I was never a fan of the bands mentioned,but I do love the exquisite analogue warmth of that square wave lead! Cool

Your song did'nt quite suit my particular taste,but perhaps it might appeal to me more,if the song was revamped a bit.

Overall,to me,it's a good idea that has potential and I would like to hear some further developments-that is if you care to do so.

Thom

Oren
Kara-Moon Master

...just looking for clues...

« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2008, 08:47:00 AM »

Moon,

That introductory section is my favourite part of the song. Thoughtful and atmospheric.

MarioD
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2008, 07:04:37 PM »

Yes, I thought that was cool!

Good rhythms and variations.

Semi-finished?  What part(s) are not finished?  I liked it as is!

The older I get the better I was!
Moon
Global Moderator
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2008, 08:24:11 AM »

Thanks for the comments.
Mario, I agree with you cause I thought it was a finished piece. But who knows... I might use some components of this song to make new ones...

Moon
Northern_Fist

« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2008, 02:13:03 AM »

Musically... this is a very interesting piece. I love the nostalgic feel of it because I know some of what you are using: the kick is the Fruity stock sample, and the square lead is the Fruity Pluck, and I am really now sure what the other synths are. You also use the "1-38 in progess" sample from the vocal packs. THe "You Think That Was Cool" needs to be dropped... it sounds corny where it is at.

I love the piece, but I would replace the kick, the bassline, and beef up the bads a whole lot more with some modulation. I would like to hear this piece with further production developments and variations with the instruments.

"The man that hath no music in himself,
Nor is not mov'd with concord of sweet sounds,
Is fit for treasons, stratagems, and spoils."
- The Merchant of Venice (V, i, 83-85)
Moon
Global Moderator
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2008, 07:22:52 AM »

Thanks for the feedback.
I must get back to this one and try out your suggestions.
I didn't used the Fruity Pluck though. Besides the stock samples of fruity, I only used Zebra from U-he.

Moon
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: